Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C4 owners - anyone using the Wilwood MC?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 08:57 PM
leadfoot2
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C4 owners - anyone using the Wilwood MC?

I'd like to put the aluminum OE replacement master cylinder that Wilwood makes (mdl 260-8555) on my '94 but not sure the reservoir will clear the fender shroud in the hood since it's about 1.5 inches longer than stock. Anyone tried it or know if it fits? The bolt mounting pattern is only 3.4 in. vs 3.5 but appears to have enough extra radius to make it.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:36 AM
94ZR1#444
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just installed a Chevy K2500 M/C off of a 3/4 ton pickup to handle my Wilwood GNIII/ST calipers. It has a 1 1/4" bore. The pedal is FIRM and HIGH. I had to cut the fenderwell upper lip somewhat to get the brake lines to clear. I'll tell you more after I test it at VIR next week.

Why are you thinking about installing a OEM size replacement?

Mark
Old 06-26-2007, 11:32 AM
leadfoot2
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wilwood advertises the unit as an OEM replacement - mainly involves the mounting pattern and compatibility with power brakes. Most aftermarket master cylinders I've found are not designed to be used with a power booster and most have the mounting bolt pattern in a vertical plane.
The truck MC is an interesting choice, had not thought about that route. I assume it doesn't have any internal bias mechanisms. An advantage with the Wilwood unit is that it has outlets on either side so it isn't such an ordeal to hook up. Don 't think I want to go that big on the bore size though, more like 1 in. or 1.125 max to keep a better feel on the pedal.

Get notified of new replies

To C4 owners - anyone using the Wilwood MC?

Quick Reply: C4 owners - anyone using the Wilwood MC?