Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another great C6Z06 tune!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 11:31 AM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Another great C6Z06 tune!

By the guys at ECS...

As always, Doug @ ECS does a thorough job! I had tunes where they simply strap the car to the dyno, looked at the timing and AF's, pull a couple runs, and there done. Not the case with ECS...Doug spent a couple hours in total, pulling data on the car during actual driving conditions, and only then did he make the final adjustments on the dyno.

Keep in mind in NJ yesterday, it was 95F and 90% humidity, so we were not expecting big numbers on a HOT day like this...

But big numbers are what we got! The car only had a K&N intake, with the rest of the car bone stock, on it's best run, it pulled 493 RWHP. We were both amazed, considering the heat. Even after a few hot runs we were easily getting mid 480's with 440 rwtq. Wonder what the numbers would have been on a nice 70F day

So, needless to say, I was a happy camper on a hot Wednesday afternoon!

Again, thanks to Doug and ECS for taking me in such short notice, and always doing a thorough job!
Old 06-28-2007, 12:25 PM
FasterIsBetter
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, great numbers! Bone stock with just a K&N intake? That's hard to believe. You sure it wasn't 393 rwhp???? 493, stock -- unbelievable. You've got one great car there.

Old 06-28-2007, 04:00 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Awesome... I believe it. No need for crazy mods w/ the new Z... just and intake, tune and go have fun.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:53 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The best and first run was 493. As the motor got hotter, the HP went down, but always stayed above 480. What was good news is that the motor didn't knock or retard the timing in any way, so I am very comfortable with this tune on the road course at high temps. Actually as the HP came down, the torque went up.

Of course ECS tunes Corvette motors all day long, and they did great work on my C5, so I expected nothing less. I think this is the testament to the time and work they have put into their research.

I took the car out on the highway on the way home and almost had a heart attack...this thing is down right scary. It's to the point where I can just leave the car in 4th gear the entire time, and still destroy everything in my path that isn't attached to a cruise missle.

Get notified of new replies

To Another great C6Z06 tune!

Quick Reply: Another great C6Z06 tune!