Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Scott Speed

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 12:22 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

Default Scott Speed

Looks like he's drinking more Red Bull

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/formulaone/38398/
Old 06-29-2007, 01:48 PM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Good for Scott, I would love to see him do well.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:14 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard that Scott Speed will be out of a ride at years end and has been looking for a ride in Champ Car. It has been reported that Scuderia Toro Rosso's lineup next year will be Sebastien Bourdais and Bruno Senna. I've also heard that Bruno Senna is out, so Scott Speed will be competiting for the final seat with Luizi. I bet you that it's lighting a fire under his a*s, much like it did for Heidfeld when Kubica came on board with BMW. It also doesn't help that Vettel is waiting in the wings.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:33 AM
burners
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Yes, good for Scott. Too bad his race didn't go better.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:23 AM
RMVette06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But isnt Vettel a BMW guy? I think its more likely to see him replace one of the Sauber guys if they decide to up and leave at seasons end if the opportunity were to open up at ferrari or Mclaren. Good on Speed though.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:27 PM
xsiveone
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RMVette06
But isnt Vettel a BMW guy? I think its more likely to see him replace one of the Sauber guys if they decide to up and leave at seasons end if the opportunity were to open up at ferrari or Mclaren. Good on Speed though.
Yeah. I was just using Heidfeld with BMW Sauber as an example. Heidfeld wasn't doing well and he didn't look very good when Kubica came on board and was outperforming him. I think that it lit a fire under his as* to keep his job. Now with Vettel nipping at his heels, he's got even more incentive to do well.

I think that the same thing is happening with Scott Speed now with STR. He's basically driving for his job because Sebastien Bourdais has one of the STR seats next year. The other seat looks to be up for grabs if Bruno Senna isn't taking it. If Speed wants to stay in F1, he needs to step it up now and outperform Luizi in the rest of the races. Otherwise, it's goodbye F1 and hello Champ Car for Scott Speed.

Get notified of new replies

To Scott Speed

Quick Reply: Scott Speed