Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autobahn in Joliet, Monday August 20

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 03:40 PM
plaster
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Autobahn in Joliet, Monday August 20

Anyone else going to this? It's being put on by MVP.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:25 PM
Gary2KC5
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

I would love to but since I got ripped off by mother nature June 4th I have a bad taste from one day events.

MVP has no control over weather...but typical 2 day events have the option of a 2nd day if one day is washed out. 2 day events will rack up another day's meals and hotel expense but a small cost when compared to a one day scrtached event with hotel, tow fuel, event cost (70+% of 2 day event).

fixed cost for 1 day event @ Autobahn approx. $600, fixed cost for similar 2 day event $800.

a lot of risk for the single day event...once bitten twice shy.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:29 PM
Axelrod
Team Owner

Received 71 Likes on 48 Posts

Great track and absolutely phenomenal facilities. Which course?
Old 07-25-2007, 11:50 PM
Feffman
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by SCCACornerWorker
Great track and absolutely phenomenal facilities. Which course?
The full 3.56 mile Autobahn course which can only be rented on limited Mondays.

Gary, thus the 1-day event. As you noted, MVP Track Time can't control the weather! We will take our chances on the 1-day full course as opposed to a weekend with the small north or south courses.

Hope you'll join us!

Mark "Feff" Pfeffer
Old 07-26-2007, 01:47 AM
BQuicksilver
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

If I can get the smokescreen fixed before then I may try to be there.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:01 PM
plaster
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Gary2KC5
I would love to but since I got ripped off by mother nature June 4th I have a bad taste from one day events.

MVP has no control over weather...but typical 2 day events have the option of a 2nd day if one day is washed out. 2 day events will rack up another day's meals and hotel expense but a small cost when compared to a one day scrtached event with hotel, tow fuel, event cost (70+% of 2 day event).

fixed cost for 1 day event @ Autobahn approx. $600, fixed cost for similar 2 day event $800.

a lot of risk for the single day event...once bitten twice shy.
I was questioning this as well. But I haven't been to any other tracks besides Gateway, and am really ready for a more open course. I usually run Gateway two days for around $300, but I decided this will be a risk I have to take.

Mark, I really need to take a ride in your car if you have the chance - I have a friend that has been looking at 4 door sport sedans and mentioned the V should be right at the top of the list.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:08 PM
Feffman
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Plaster:

But it's only Gateway where walls bite deep for $300!

I went through the same decision process your buddy is looking into for a 4-door sedan including the Audi S4, Audi RS4, Maserati Coupe (good size back seat) and M3, but kept coming back to the CTS-V. Lot of fun, fast and reliable.

Feff
Old 07-26-2007, 04:14 PM
plaster
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Feffman
Plaster:

But it's only Gateway where walls bite deep for $300!

I went through the same decision process your buddy is looking into for a 4-door sedan including the Audi S4, Audi RS4, Maserati Coupe (good size back seat) and M3, but kept coming back to the CTS-V. Lot of fun, fast and reliable.

Feff
That may be the reason I'm going somewhere else for a change.

He is looking at the new 335i, which seems to be a pretty good choice. I suggested the S4 or V as options.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:20 PM
Gary2KC5
Le Mans Master

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by plaster
I was questioning this as well. But I haven't been to any other tracks besides Gateway, and am really ready for a more open course. I usually run Gateway two days for around $300, but I decided this will be a risk I have to take.
Gateway is nice because it's close but 1.6 miles is a very short course, especialy with most of that the NASCAR OVAL.

Autobahn CC is a facility equal to Gateway but the full course is no comparison. It's more than double the size and a true road course (you actually run clockwise).

You won't regret it...unless it rains...Maybe August has a better chance than June.

Get notified of new replies

To Autobahn in Joliet, Monday August 20

Quick Reply: Autobahn in Joliet, Monday August 20