Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 Z06 Titanium Brake Shields

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 08:34 AM
Norm_427
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default C6 Z06 Titanium Brake Shields

Where can I get some for a C6 Z06? Anyone using them and do they really help?

THANKS!

Last edited by Norm_427; 07-26-2007 at 08:45 AM.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:14 AM
Norm_427
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Apparently nobody is making them for the C6 Z06....?

I just called Seine Systems in Pasadena, CA, and talked to the head honcho. He said that the Z06s may be a good market for something like this and he is going to look into it and get back to me.

Every little bit of heat protection in our brakes is worth it.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:48 AM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Norm Lunt
Where can I get some for a C6 Z06? Anyone using them and do they really help?

THANKS!
A few notes on the shields. (These observations come from a serious racer, David Farmer, and I'm just repeating what he told me. His advise is always spot on.)

If you run the shields on both the inside and outside of the caliper they retain so much heat in the pads he burned up a set of race pads in a single day.

He runs pads on the piston side of the caliper only and prefers to drill a few holes in the shield to dissapate heat. These holes are kept away from the piston.

I'm getting ready to run a set on my 01Z on the piston side only and since I'll be running the SSBC Tri Power calipers there really isn't any room left to drill holes. We'll see what happens next weekend.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:02 PM
Norm_427
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Last C5
A few notes on the shields. (These observations come from a serious racer, David Farmer, and I'm just repeating what he told me. His advise is always spot on.)

If you run the shields on both the inside and outside of the caliper they retain so much heat in the pads he burned up a set of race pads in a single day.

He runs pads on the piston side of the caliper only and prefers to drill a few holes in the shield to dissapate heat. These holes are kept away from the piston.

I'm getting ready to run a set on my 01Z on the piston side only and since I'll be running the SSBC Tri Power calipers there really isn't any room left to drill holes. We'll see what happens next weekend.
Sorry, I'm a little confused ... don't the shields slip in between the piston and the brake pad? I've got 6 piston front calipers so I'd need 6 shields per front caliper ... ? And the holes you're drilling go all the way through the shield?
Old 07-26-2007, 05:41 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

two shields per caliper, red devil brakes has them or you can shape some mica shims easily.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:28 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Sorry, I'm a little confused ... don't the shields slip in between the piston and the brake pad? I've got 6 piston front calipers so I'd need 6 shields per front caliper ... ? And the holes you're drilling go all the way through the shield?
As was stated, two shield per caliper if you put them on both the inboard and the outboard sides. The shields are normally the same shape as a brake pad and they do fit between the pad and the
pistons. With a 6 piston set up, I doubt if your going to have much room for holes. The holes are drilled through the shield to allow some of the heat to dissapate through the caliper.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:29 PM
Norm_427
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Ok, thanks ... I get it. My 20 brake pads, total, are not very large, so it might be a challenge. I'll maybe PM David Farmer and see what he recommends on the C6 Z06.

Thanks!
Old 07-27-2007, 08:39 AM
greendot
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ok, thanks ... I get it. My 20 brake pads, total, are not very large, so it might be a challenge. I'll maybe PM David Farmer and see what he recommends on the C6 Z06.

Thanks!
Let us know what he says.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:00 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

forgot about all the pads the price would be to buy.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Z06 Titanium Brake Shields

Quick Reply: C6 Z06 Titanium Brake Shields