Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Teamtech harness for HANS

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 07:03 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default New Teamtech harness for HANS

Teamtech now offers a modification of their existing Rampac and Jetpilot harnesses in a 3-2-3 configuration for use with the HANS device. Unlike others, Teamtech folds the webbing so that the cross-sectional area remains like a 3 inch but it fits the groove in the HANS better. It is an option for $35 and is available as a retrofit to existing Teamtech harnesses. I sent my personal Jetpilot back to them to be rebuilt to the HANS configuration. As you can see, it fits perfectly.
Gary Hoffman
Hardbarusa.com
603-682-8073
Front

Back of the torso area, note the narrowing:

Last edited by ghoffman; 08-01-2007 at 07:09 PM.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:39 PM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 205 Likes on 161 Posts

Nice! Do you notice a difference in performance of the harness 3" to the new 3-2-3" conversion? I talked to Teamtech once and they we kinda insistant on the 3" laps vs 2" laps. Are they still making only 3" laps?
Old 08-02-2007, 05:47 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

I just received it, my next opportunity to try it is August 16, but it certainly fits the HANS better. The lap belts really should be 3 inch, that has not changed.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:55 PM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 205 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by ghoffman
I just received it, my next opportunity to try it is August 16, but it certainly fits the HANS better. The lap belts really should be 3 inch, that has not changed.
We will be looking forward to your opinions on this conversion after your next drive. I guess I have been caught in the controversy/rumor that the 2" lap works better, cinches up on hip bones better, blah, blah, blah. Has this rumor/controversy been disproven so that the 3" standard has been vindicated?
Old 08-03-2007, 01:49 AM
trackboss
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I have been using teamtech harnesses for years. In my opinion they are the best. Not to mention Curt knows more about safety than anyone I've ever spoken to. On my latest build I installed the 3-2-3 upon Curt's recommendation since I had a hans and it work very well. I highly recommend it. Also recommend the large crotch pad. That is what first sold me on Teamtech.

-V

Get notified of new replies

To New Teamtech harness for HANS

Quick Reply: New Teamtech harness for HANS