Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIR Car Guys: YOU missed a great event

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 08:57 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 709 Likes on 490 Posts

Default VIR Car Guys: YOU missed a great event

great weekend, TOTAL of about 60 cars for the entire event. By mid-day Sunday, only about 5 cars left in each run group. I'm not sure why Car Guys has lost its' popularity, but there was tons of track time and very few incidents.

Come out for the October event if you can!

btw, everybody got 8 run groups, some 40minutes long...
Old 08-06-2007, 04:37 PM
rbl
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I went once in August and it was just too HOT. Arien works the instructors pretty hard too and I was beat ... didn't even drive much.

I think from the students view his events have become expensive and that may be a factor. That said however, he really sticks his neck out on the rental and we are lucky to have him even willing to do it. I doubt he is making a fortune by any means and with the smaller crowds ~100 v. 200 at most clubs he has to charge a higher price to cover the bases.

His events have always been well organized and run too. Will do the October one for sure.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:21 PM
CHJ In Virginia
Safety Car

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Yes it was a fun well run event = sooooo hot 101+ on Sunday. After a run group you would have to come in and ring the sweat out of your shirt! I will be at both of his end of the year events on Shenandoah and back at VIR.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:56 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 709 Likes on 490 Posts

You guys must be living the good life....most of us are used to running Roebling and Rd Atlanta all summer long...what's a little heat?

btw, track temps (via my infra-red) were ONLY 135F on Saturday!
Old 08-06-2007, 08:36 PM
sothpaw2
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
great weekend, TOTAL of about 60 cars for the entire event. By mid-day Sunday, only about 5 cars left in each run group. I'm not sure why Car Guys has lost its' popularity, but there was tons of track time and very few incidents.

I wish they did more events at Summit point. VIR is great but a little far from me to do more than once a year. Car guys' only dates for Summit were in March and it was still snowing back then.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:50 PM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sothpaw2
I wish they did more events at Summit point. VIR is great but a little far from me to do more than once a year. Car guys' only dates for Summit were in March and it was still snowing back then.
x2 im looking for some more summit main events aswell
Old 08-07-2007, 08:19 PM
Geoff17
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davidfarmer

I agree it was a great event but boy was it hot. I would think a Summit Point event at the Summit Point circuit, not the Shenandoah circuit, would be very well attended.

I did appreciate the first 2 sessions on Sunday which were 40 minutes each. This was equivalent to a full day at a Summit Point FATT. Thanks Aryan (sp?) for a great event.

Geoff
Old 08-08-2007, 11:28 PM
waddisme
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 45 Likes on 27 Posts

Going tomorrow with PCA! I hope the new cooling does its job!!

Get notified of new replies

To VIR Car Guys: YOU missed a great event

Quick Reply: VIR Car Guys: YOU missed a great event