Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a whole day at Nurburgring

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Z06Norway
Melting Slicks

Received 241 Likes on 145 Posts

Default a whole day at Nurburgring

closed, only for the Fahrerlehrung school

What else can i say than:
There is not a picture or film that can justify this extreme track, it is
so beutiful winding up and down , with extreme elevations.
79 turns take a Looooong time to learn, but we still go pretty fast around, i will record with my lap timer tomorrow or wednsday.

There is also a big group here from USA, but i am on a different group so i dont get to meet them much.

Well just wanted to share, and tell people, you really has to come here, its fantastic.
Weather has been around 90 degrees and sunny.
Tires had a hard day , need new tires......

The car still has that electrical gremlin, so i now run on 7 again, it started after my first carusell.
God i hate errors that comes and goes away.

BTW, Beemer people is nice, for most parts

Rune
Old 08-06-2007, 03:03 PM
MattB
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whats it take to get a Vette over there? I would imagine its pretty expensive...
Old 08-06-2007, 06:08 PM
speedneed
Racer

I was able to do one lap there on an open weekend with my 2005 Coupe when I took a trip with the C5/6 Registry in 2005. That got me hooked on road tracks. I've never been the same. Now I have my Z06 and keep making mods for a little more speed around those corners. I would love to return to the Ring with my Z. You are one fortunate guy to be able to have the track program you are in.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:26 PM
Z06Norway
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by speedneed
I was able to do one lap there on an open weekend with my 2005 Coupe when I took a trip with the C5/6 Registry in 2005. That got me hooked on road tracks. I've never been the same. Now I have my Z06 and keep making mods for a little more speed around those corners. I would love to return to the Ring with my Z. You are one fortunate guy to be able to have the track program you are in.
Yes its a lot of fun, http://www.fahrerlehrgang.info/

They also has a package where you fly over and BMW inklude a car for track use....

Rune
Old 08-06-2007, 06:29 PM
Z06Norway
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by MattB
Whats it take to get a Vette over there? I would imagine its pretty expensive...
I drive down Matt :-)
I live in Norway, but a guess a container shipment would be around usd 4000 roundtrip.

But DO IT, Europe has a lot to offer

Rune
Old 08-07-2007, 04:54 AM
dietrich
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06Norway
i will record with my lap timer tomorrow or wednsday.
Be careful! It is better to drive at 90% of top speed and get home safely than to try and break the lap record and crash! The Nurburgring is not the place to push to the limit.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:53 AM
Lancer033
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by speedneed
were you with the group that was there the weekend before Le Mans?
Old 08-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Sidney004
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get a video recorder, let us see some in car footage! What tires and brakes are you running?
Old 08-07-2007, 12:41 PM
MattB
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Z06Norway
I drive down Matt :-)
I live in Norway, but a guess a container shipment would be around usd 4000 roundtrip.

But DO IT, Europe has a lot to offer

Rune
Figured you could drive down Just was hoping someone on the forum would know what it takes to get over there.

Some more road racing experience and a few mods and I'd really like to take the Vette some day.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:58 PM
linutux
Pro

Anyone have any experience with any of these shippers?
Old 08-08-2007, 01:34 AM
jmorgan3235
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by linutux
Anyone have any experience with any of these shippers?
$4000 sounds close for an open container shipment. I would imagine that it costs more for a secure closed container. Remember, you need to take in consideration how long it will take to get there on boat. 2 months is average for Germany. I have had cars ship to the UK and back and a one way trip is about $2000. (Military Paid for it) This of course isn't the way that most of us would ship our vettes. If you want a 100% safe and damage free way to ship it, then you'll pay more. Just to let you know, every car I sent in the $2000 price range had damages. You also have to go through a tough inspection to get the car back to the US and they will have to spray chemicals on the car, mainly the undercarriage. This is due to international soil and things like the Bird flew and mad cow to name a few. Honestly, it’s a pain, but would be well worth it if you don’t mind spending the money. I wonder if you could rent a car for much cheaper. Don’t know if that is possible in Germany (renting vettes).

The Military uses "American Auto Logistics" I'd find someone else though!
Old 08-12-2007, 07:53 AM
Z06Norway
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jmorgan3235
$4000 sounds close for an open container shipment. I would imagine that it costs more for a secure closed container. Remember, you need to take in consideration how long it will take to get there on boat. 2 months is average for Germany. I have had cars ship to the UK and back and a one way trip is about $2000. (Military Paid for it) This of course isn't the way that most of us would ship our vettes. If you want a 100% safe and damage free way to ship it, then you'll pay more. Just to let you know, every car I sent in the $2000 price range had damages. You also have to go through a tough inspection to get the car back to the US and they will have to spray chemicals on the car, mainly the undercarriage. This is due to international soil and things like the Bird flew and mad cow to name a few. Honestly, it’s a pain, but would be well worth it if you don’t mind spending the money. I wonder if you could rent a car for much cheaper. Don’t know if that is possible in Germany (renting vettes).

The Military uses "American Auto Logistics" I'd find someone else though!

here is an idea for GM, put a fleet of Corvette close to the ring, rent them out, service and maintain them, maybe with driving instructions first :-)

Could you find a better PR ??????

Rune

Get notified of new replies

To a whole day at Nurburgring

Quick Reply: a whole day at Nurburgring