Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Petit Le Mans ... Information Needed eh?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 06:58 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Default 2007 Petit Le Mans ... Information Needed eh?

Greeting from the Canadian Section of the Corvette Forum!

Well this past weekend at Mosport ... The Canadian Section of the Corvette Forum won the Club Participation award, which makes two wins including Mid-Ohio ...

Here is one of our Pic Links from Mosport ...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1796636

So now there is alot of interest up here to attend the Petit Le Mans Race at Road Atlanta in October.

Can anyone out there that has attended, or is planning on attending, the race give us some helpful tips on attending this race...

We need some information on good hotels to stay at ... where the wives and girlfriends can go to shop when not at the race track ... interesting sites around town ... road work, detours and stuff like that to help our drive down from the Great White North ... Golf Cart Rentals at the track ... Corvette Corral info. ... the basics!

All information is appreciated and welcome ... and we hope to meet up with alot of our American Corvette Forum Brothers and Sisters at Petit Le Mans.

Mark
Old 08-28-2007, 08:38 PM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

If you've waited this long to get a hotel for Petit, you MIGHT be in trouble. Look for stuff in Braselton (where the track is), Buford (where we stay), Dawsonville, Lawerenceville, etc....

Anything specific your looking to find out?

I'm from Ohio, but my father and myself have been to Petit every year since and including 2003. It's the best. AWESOME track. Great viewing anywhere.

Don't wear shoes/sneakers you care about! Georgia's red clay will stain them forever, including clothing. Get in shape before you come, if you plan to walk-around the track a lot (tons of hills...)!
Old 08-29-2007, 04:02 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Rob Willis
If you've waited this long to get a hotel for Petit, you MIGHT be in trouble. Look for stuff in Braselton (where the track is), Buford (where we stay), Dawsonville, Lawerenceville, etc....

Anything specific your looking to find out?

I'm from Ohio, but my father and myself have been to Petit every year since and including 2003. It's the best. AWESOME track. Great viewing anywhere.

Don't wear shoes/sneakers you care about! Georgia's red clay will stain them forever, including clothing. Get in shape before you come, if you plan to walk-around the track a lot (tons of hills...)!

Thanks for the input! Do you know anything about renting golf carts down there? Cost, reserving, etc.?
Old 10-09-2007, 10:52 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

Pic thread posted, and updated!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1830163
Old 10-10-2007, 09:23 AM
VetteDrmr
Le Mans Master

Received 1,394 Likes on 747 Posts

Excellent writeup and pics; thanks for sharing.

Bummer about #3; that was a wicked looking hit!

Have a good one,
Mike
Old 10-10-2007, 04:39 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

Thanks!

I really felt sorry for the #3 team guys ... especially for Ron Fellows ... this might have been his last Petit Le Mans.

Get notified of new replies

To 2007 Petit Le Mans ... Information Needed eh?

Quick Reply: 2007 Petit Le Mans ... Information Needed eh?