Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 Z06 and Bilstein Sports?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 11:28 PM
ZO SIC
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default C5 Z06 and Bilstein Sports?

I just got a set of Bilstein Sports for the rear of my '02 Z06. Replacing some '04 Sachs shocks with roughly 5,000 miles on them.

Anyways, I test fit the Bilstein onto the A-arm and the bushing. There is enough room between the Bilstein "bracket" that I could slip a few washers on both sides. The '04 Sachs shock has enough room for maybe one washer total. I didn't try out my stock '02 shocks to check.

Do I just crank down on the bolt/nut until it won't tighten anymore or should I install some shims in there?

I am in the process of installing poly bushings in all the A-arms and am waiting to hear back from Pfadt about their poly lower shock mount as well... I suspect that their poly bushing would be very similar in size to the stock rubber bushing.

Also, would there be any reason I could not or should not run the "dust boots" on the Bilstein shocks?

Quick Reply: C5 Z06 and Bilstein Sports?