Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not Racing Related...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 10:45 PM
BuckeyeZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Not Racing Related...

I thought I would share what is going on in my wife's family right now. Her cousin Richie Melanson is going through literal hell because of this:

http://www.wkbn.com/news/local/9508727.html

Missing Son

A little boy from Hubbard is on the other side of the world tonight, the victim of a kidnapping. The alleged suspect: his own mother. Four-year-old Eddie Melanson was supposed to start pre-school next week. But plans have changed dramatically. His father has been frantically working with local police, federal agents and the U.S. State Department, to somehow bring his son home.

Rich Melanson hasn't been able to sleep much for the past three weeks. His talkative little boy has been missing since his last visit with his mother, Kyong Mi " Mia " Lee. She and Eddie's father separated a couple years ago. Rich has legal custody, but agreed to a one-week-on, one-week-off living arrangement. On August 8, Mia called to ask if she could skip the mid-week visitation to take Eddie to Cedar Point. The following night, Melanson had his last phone conversation with his boy.

We stopped by the apartment Lee lived in and could see by the hastily packed boxes and some of the toys left behind that she seemed as if she was in a hurry to get out of here. Indeed, she allegedly drove with Eddie and her parents to New York, got on a midnight flight to Seoul, and was most likely heading to her hometown of Taegu, South Korea.

Melanson could not understand how, being a U.S. citizen that his son was smuggled out of this country. But he also qualifies for dual South Korean citizenship. His mother would be able to use that to get him a passport from that nation. South Korea has not signed any treaties that require it to return an abducted child.

Rich Melanson calls Mia a person of questionable character but minimal means. How, with no job, did she manage to save enough money to pull off an expensive inter-continental abduction? If she ever does leave South Korea, there's an outstanding warrant for her arrest on a charge of International Parental Kidnapping.

All, please say a prayer that this ends up in a positive fashion. My wife's family (mine by extension) is frantic.

Quick Reply: Not Racing Related...