Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T1 sway bar installation?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 12:34 PM
levettegrl
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default T1 sway bar installation?

Does anyone by chance have a picture of T1's on their car or have a link to the installation instructions?

My boyfriend was bleeding my brakes for an event and inspectiing the bushings/endlinks, etc, and it looks like the end links might have been installed incorrectly.

Thanks
Old 09-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

its pretty hard to install the endlinks wrong. I have seen sway bars put in upside down though.

I will look for a pic of my setup, but if you have a pic of yours I will compare.

Bob
Old 09-03-2007, 06:01 PM
levettegrl
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In IV Veteran

thanks, he said the bushings looked like they were on the wrong side. the links were rubbing up against the a arm.

we ended up turning them around and it seems to have worked.

I've had the T1's on for 2 yrs, do most people end up replacing end links, bushings, etc every couple of years?
Old 09-03-2007, 06:13 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by levettegrl
thanks, he said the bushings looked like they were on the wrong side. the links were rubbing up against the a arm.

we ended up turning them around and it seems to have worked.

I've had the T1's on for 2 yrs, do most people end up replacing end links, bushings, etc every couple of years?

I have not replaced mine yet. I though have heavy duty adjustable endlinks and used a ton of lube on the bushings.

I am not sure I understand how your bushings were backwards. I will go take a pic of the rear right now and show you what I have.

Old 09-03-2007, 06:26 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '05-'08

sent PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:49 PM
UstaB-GS549
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

I put the wider bushings between the arm or bar and the spherical bearing. The thinner bushings are between the bearing and nut.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:18 PM
UstaB-GS549
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Here is the front bar:

And here is the rear:

Assuming this is right. I figured that the longer spacer should go as shown. My logic says that if the longer spacer was between the rod end bearing and the nut, they would have just made the bolt shorter.

Hope this helps.

I had to put a washer under both bolts on the pivot bushings, otherwise the bars would not pivot at all. The rear especially was increasing spring rate and oversteer tendancy. I used the middle hole for adjustment FWIW.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:36 PM
levettegrl
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by UstaB-GS549
I put the wider bushings between the arm or bar and the spherical bearing. The thinner bushings are between the bearing and nut.
thank you to BOTH of you for the pictures. we found mine to be set up the OPPOSITE of the above->the thinner bushing was btwn the arm and the bearing.

we switched it to how it should be

can't believe I've been on the track the last 2 yrs with it that way.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:49 PM
TommyBoy72
Pro

Originally Posted by UstaB-GS549
Here is the front bar:

Assuming this is right. I figured that the longer spacer should go as shown. My logic says that if the longer spacer was between the rod end bearing and the nut, they would have just made the bolt shorter.

Hope this helps.

I had to put a washer under both bolts on the pivot bushings, otherwise the bars would not pivot at all. The rear especially was increasing spring rate and oversteer tendancy. I used the middle hole for adjustment FWIW.
I have mine installed the exact same way, both from the pictures and the description about washers and middle hole.

Get notified of new replies

To T1 sway bar installation?

Quick Reply: T1 sway bar installation?