Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Track Days in Arizona??

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Maineiac
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06

Default Track Days in Arizona??

Does anyone know of any clubs that run track days at PIR or Firebird during the winter months?

Trying to gather some info...any help would be appreciated...

Thanks...
Old 09-09-2007, 12:34 AM
MrEracer
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have a very active group of Corvette racers in Phoenix. Check our web site at <corvetteracers.org>. Next race at PIR is September 22 and 23 with NASA.
See you there.
Shirl Dickey
Black Mamba #60
Old 09-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes....I joined Professional Auto Sports out of Phoenix. Proautosports takes a break during the hot summer months but their season gets underway again next month (can't wait).

I also joined the Tucson Corvette Club...besides their social type events, this group actually runs their cars...autocross, drag races, oval track, etc. I far prefer road course events but autocross is a good experience as well. There are several Corvette clubs in Phoenix as well as many SCAA 'Solo' (autocross) events. Glennhl is a Phoenix forum member active in Solo events.

Proautosports runs almost exclusively on the 3 different road course tracks at Firebird Raceway. They typically hold 3 day events (Fri, Sat & Sun). You have to take their new Driver's instructional course which includes both classroom and on-track instruction. Once you get your 'competition' license you can then run in their novice level. The cost is IMO reasonable.

I think it's a well-run program and you can pretty much run at your own pace to initially perfect your skills. Passing is regulated in the novice level. Another great feature is that most regular insurance companies will cover your car in their 3 lower, untimed levels. The initial drivers ed course is taught by a State certified instructor. It can get quite competitive in the lower levels but they are not officially timed events. Once you go beyond the lower levels into their 'pro' timed events, naturally you lose your insurance coverage. I'd check with your particular insurance company beforehand. Membership in Proautosports also entitles you to the benefits of their liability coverage.

There are a couple other groups that road race in Arizona including the Corvette Racers and another who's name escapes me at the moment. Checkout the proautosports website (link above).
Old 09-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Tintin
Cartoon Character
Support Corvetteforum!

We are renting the Firebird main track in November if you have an interest. You can get info here:

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/show...t=81986&page=2
Old 09-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Coc5
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

These guys also. A REALLY great group of people.

Of coarse some cool cars too.

http://www.scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com/
Old 09-09-2007, 11:43 PM
NJCRUISER
Racer

Originally Posted by Coc5
These guys also. A REALLY great group of people.

Of coarse some cool cars too.

http://www.scottsdaleexoticcarclub.com/
I don't see any vettes in that picture. How are they with letting GM models in? And how about SCCA race prepped GM models?

Get notified of new replies

To Track Days in Arizona??

Quick Reply: Track Days in Arizona??