Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C4 Tow Hooks

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 11:24 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default C4 Tow Hooks

Anyone have a source for front tow hooks for C4's, specifically for my 87?? Where do they attach? Are they bolt on or weld on?
Old 09-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Mojave
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I am also very interested in this. I need some hooks for my 96, and I haven't seen a C4 with a decent setup on it.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:45 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 239 Likes on 167 Posts

On the one's that I've seen the bumper is cut and the two hook goes straight to the frame.

You might be able to get the the frame through the radiator duct.

Take a look at the Touring Challenge for Corvettes website:
http://www.tccracing.com/
Old 09-12-2007, 05:13 PM
eogel
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Default C4 Tow Hooks

This info was just sent in the last few days to a forum member who had the same question. He had responded to a Phoenix thread offering tow hooks, but they were not available for C4.
Included are pictures of the tow hooks on a full race Touring Challenge for Corvettes car.
Comments on the track/racing tow hook pictures: #1 front tow hook, driver side. Also shows support bar running between the two for strength. This bar running between the tow hooks is welded to them for support to relieve towing stress on frame members if towed from an angle. Also shows a ratchet style strap winch. The D ring lying flat, not used with Vette, was needed to get strap at correct angle for a Camaro factory tie down point. This may be applicable depending on how low your car is; #2 is the bar running between the front th; #6 shows front flat tow hook going up to the frame member where it is attached. Welded, I think, to the front frame members on each side. Hoses at bottom of picture are air ducts to brakes; #3 rear th external view. #4 rear th welded to the cage holding the fuel cell; #5 another view of #4 Tow hooks are ¼” thick. Holes are 2” as required by SCCA. Front is 4” wide and I could not get the other dimensions due to lack of access. For the same reason I could not get complete pictures. Rear th is 3” wide. They were made by a local welder.
Ed

Get notified of new replies

To C4 Tow Hooks

Quick Reply: C4 Tow Hooks