Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One Lap 08 updates

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 11:12 AM
RogueVette
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran

First session at Mid-America, the Viper is first by 3 seconds, we are second, and Devia is 3rd. Ian Stewart in the GT3 P-car is running very well, about 6_7 seconds behind us.

We need more power. The Viper is just a beast. But only giving up 1 second a lap is a positive. Still some issues and once we get on race pads hopefully Danny can go in a little deeper. The street pads are not inspiring confidence. Jon ran well. He ran a 5:16ish, while we were at 4:58.

Jon should have some good, video of chasing the mini van. The Van went off and Jon almost caught him.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:42 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.onelapofamerica.com/histo...s.shtml?y=2008

Mid America probably will not be posted until tonight though...

The mini van took FTD at Mid America last year...

Last edited by varkwso; 05-04-2008 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:13 PM
RogueVette
Safety Car

Cruise-In III Veteran

Yes Jeff, but don't forget he ran in the dry. Whule the top cars ran in the rain. It was pouring when I
Ran and was raining for the first 3 run groups. Then started to dry.

All is equal footing this year.

Only Smith, Myself, TC cline, and Tom Long ran in the rain and finished top 10. The rest was skewed by dry track. Look at the DC corvette guys video's from there. Not only is the line dry, the whole track was dry.

That is not an accurate description. That van is cool, and quick, but not a "fastest" vehicle.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:48 PM
BQuicksilver
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by RogueVette
Brody, both cars are having some teething issues. Ours substancially more so then Jon's, but we are getting them sorted. We packed a lot, just not race pads (another story) or a welder and steel. Dan had no rear brakes, the passenger door kept opening and he would have to reach across down all the straights to close it, and he hed to contend with passing Leh in the Caymen. On the exit of the chicahe before Kettle bottoms. While worrying about overheating as we had a relay short out from a rather wet and wild ride. Through chicago.

But the cars are very capable, with proper sorting.
My advice is to not break the driveline in Iowa. Sorry J, that may not be funny. You know Danny and OLOA will be a good torture test to see how reliable these things are.
Old 05-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Axelrod
Team Owner

Received 71 Likes on 48 Posts

wha happened to the racerjon saga? seems to have fallen by the wayside ? man o man there must be an ace of spades looming

Hope all is well. Would be nice to see a 1-2 finish on the GTP side of things but it appears as though there is a large disparity.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:02 PM
1lapRacer
Instructor

From the pictures I saw it looks like both the Vanishing Point Charger and the Dinan M5 took some heavy damage at Road America yesterday.
Picture links
http://http://www.onelapper.com/photo/photo/show?id=2039856%3APhoto%3A2219
http://api.ning.com/files/lT0TpRkITy...nt1and2069.jpg

They also have some live streaming from the cars when internet connectivity permits:
http://www.onelapper.com/live
Old 05-04-2008, 01:03 PM
RogueVette
Safety Car

Cruise-In III Veteran

Brother you can get away with that

Good news. I knew Jon looked strong out there. He was 10th. Moving him to 15th overall. We are still in second overall and gaining on Devia. The Viper is nearly too far back to win. We have a 150 point lead on him.

Dan Corcoran is 3rd overall. Our friends Mark and Stephen in the C6 Z are moving up fast after a 6th place finish today at MAM in session 1.

We should have some great Video of Danny catching and passing Swan in the GT-R on the outside.

Thanks everyone for your calls of support. We most certainly appreciate it.

More to come.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:16 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Brother you can get away with that

Good news. I knew Jon looked strong out there. He was 10th. Moving him to 15th overall. We are still in second overall and gaining on Devia. The Viper is nearly too far back to win. We have a 150 point lead on him.

Dan Corcoran is 3rd overall. Our friends Mark and Stephen in the C6 Z are moving up fast after a 6th place finish today at MAM in session 1.

We should have some great Video of Danny catching and passing Swan in the GT-R on the outside.

Thanks everyone for your calls of support. We most certainly appreciate it.

More to come.
We do what we can from the cheap seats - glad things are going well...

now as soon as I can find my cell phone I will be happy....
Old 05-04-2008, 01:19 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 1lapRacer
o/show?id=2039856%3APhoto%
http://www.onelapper.com/live
Watched Danny leave the pits live from MA - this is really torture!

They say really good things about you guys and I also saw a little of Danny's spin at T1 I think - dang....YOu guys still have a good time anyway though I am willing to bet

Last edited by varkwso; 05-04-2008 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:04 PM
RogueVette
Safety Car

Cruise-In III Veteran

Yeah, the Goose laid an egg in the second round at MAM. Danny very uncharisticaly spun after trying the clip some curbing and the car just took off, he was back on it quick, he did also have some issues getting into 11. Still ran a 5:10 but the good news is that egg we laid might turn out to be golden. Devia is unfortunately having some issues.. And he ran a 5:17 possibly just enough to put us in first overall.

Dan Corcoran was his fast and consistant self, and you'll likely see a huge gap from the Viper in first to the second place car in time from the second session.

What a weird day. Devia who never has car issues has car issues, and Danny who's number of spins in a timed event I could count on 2 fingers spins out once and got caught up in a near spin in 11 that is probably the one you saw Jeff. The most consistant car and the most consistant driver have issues. Crazy.

But that's one lap.

Jon spun his goose too and ended up with a 5;34 I believe. Ian Stewart drove another solid race. And though I didn't get any times, I'm sure Mark and Stephen did well again also.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:24 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Yeah, the Goose laid an egg in the second round at MAM. Danny very uncharisticaly spun after trying the clip some curbing and the car just took off, he was back on it quick, he did also have some issues getting into 11. Still ran a 5:10 but the good news is that egg we laid might turn out to be golden. Devia is unfortunately having some issues.. And he ran a 5:17 possibly just enough to put us in first overall.

Dan Corcoran was his fast and consistant self, and you'll likely see a huge gap from the Viper in first to the second place car in time from the second session.

What a weird day. Devia who never has car issues has car issues, and Danny who's number of spins in a timed event I could count on 2 fingers spins out once and got caught up in a near spin in 11 that is probably the one you saw Jeff. The most consistant car and the most consistant driver have issues. Crazy.

But that's one lap.

Jon spun his goose too and ended up with a 5;34 I believe. Ian Stewart drove another solid race. And though I didn't get any times, I'm sure Mark and Stephen did well again also.
Be safe tonight - long way to TX!

I am rooting for all you guys - last I saw the SRT4 was hanging proud also
Old 05-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Vette Ed
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CI 4-5-6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'09

Kewl...make the RAFT family proud
Old 05-04-2008, 05:29 PM
RogueVette
Safety Car

Cruise-In III Veteran

Yeah, my close friend and usual One lap partner in crime (that's not just a saying) EricVonHa is in Doug's SRT-4 with him and doing well. Along with the Schauts. Both cars are very capable. Would someone get him reinstated on this board?

Last edited by RogueVette; 05-04-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:35 PM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Received 179 Likes on 112 Posts

I'm just glad so many people are now spanking the GT-R.

But the fanboys are saying that the driver isnt great.

But this is the same guy that went faster at Buttonwillow by a second than Steve Millen. And has the fastest stock Z06 time we know of on that track. I wonder which one they expect us to beleive.

There are only two choices as to what to beleive, Millen was sandbagging to run the same time as a average driver, or that Swan is a great driver hence the reason Millen couldnt beat him.

Can be one, or the other, but not both.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:46 PM
WNeal
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In Veteran VII
Cruise-In Veteran VIII
"Slower Azz Dog"
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09

Go get em Danny
Old 05-04-2008, 07:17 PM
RogueVette
Safety Car

Cruise-In III Veteran

Originally Posted by heavychevy
I'm just glad so many people are now spanking the GT-R.

But the fanboys are saying that the driver isnt great.

But this is the same guy that went faster at Buttonwillow by a second than Steve Millen. And has the fastest stock Z06 time we know of on that track. I wonder which one they expect us to beleive.

There are only two choices as to what to beleive, Millen was sandbagging to run the same time as a average driver, or that Swan is a great driver hence the reason Millen couldnt beat him.

Can be one, or the other, but not both.
No doubt, Leh in a stock Caymen GTR is giving the Nissan fits, but the GT-R is a fast car. And Swan is a good to great driver.

Bill, I will tell danny you wish him luck!
Old 05-04-2008, 07:42 PM
ERND IT
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CI-3 Car Show Winner
CI-4 Car Show Winner
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'09

Jeremy
thanks so much for the updates and details - keeping us all informed of your OLOA travels and on-track escapades!

I'm hoping you and Danny will be able to give me some good material for the RAFTRACER website for all to see!

I'm looking forward to seeing you guys on Wednesday at CMP

So many people are followng your progress and cheering for you both!!

GO TEAM RAFT!!!

Get notified of new replies

To One Lap 08 updates

Old 05-04-2008, 08:58 PM
RogueVette
Safety Car

Cruise-In III Veteran

Thanks Donna. Danny just told me you were coming by. That will be great.

Thanks for all you have done.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:33 PM
RogueVette
Safety Car

Cruise-In III Veteran

Well we just hit what I believe was an armadillo. Looked like what I remember armadillo guts looking like as it exploded. We press on, the SRT-4 has been running with us and they drove up in front and it looks like all is well. Steering seems fine, just one less rat with a shell in the world.

Currently running with the cap magnet corvette and the SRT-4 of Dougs. Car has been nearly trouble free today. And ran well for Danny.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:20 AM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Received 179 Likes on 112 Posts

What's up with this guys?

Quick Reply: One Lap 08 updates