Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One Lap 08 updates

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 12:23 AM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Received 179 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by RogueVette
No doubt, Leh in a stock Caymen GTR is giving the Nissan fits, but the GT-R is a fast car. And Swan is a good to great driver.

Bill, I will tell danny you wish him luck!

Do that. It's good to see Danny getting used to the car. Though I'd like to see him in a C6Z for comparison to the ACR and GT-R.

Are there many mods on the now 3rd place Z06?
Old 05-05-2008, 12:38 AM
WBHighwind
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by heavychevy

What's up with this guys?
Does that say Belton Police?
Old 05-05-2008, 12:45 AM
wallyman424
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, if you guys see doug tell him Wally says hi. Tell him not to beat up on the sti's toooo badly.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:45 AM
FastZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by RogueVette
Well we just hit what I believe was an armadillo. Looked like what I remember armadillo guts looking like as it exploded. We press on, the SRT-4 has been running with us and they drove up in front and it looks like all is well. Steering seems fine, just one less rat with a shell in the world.

Currently running with the cap magnet corvette and the SRT-4 of Dougs. Car has been nearly trouble free today. And ran well for Danny.
Seems like you guys are making good time. Good luck tomorrow. We'll be watching from the computer.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:49 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am spending today in airports and airplanes - hope the hotel has decent internet access in Idaho this week...

You guys are all doing great and I am glad to see Danny running strong - of course is there any other mode for Danny?

I happen to have some C5 vette race pads (carbotechs), rotors, axle, O2s, etc that should be on the way to CMP (off I20 near Augusta, GA) ...Josh can have them ready if you guys need them as you go by...

I also have a "fair" number of tools and shop space within a mile of I20 if needed...

jeff

Last edited by varkwso; 05-05-2008 at 06:54 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:19 AM
briannutter
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default gt-r lap times

If you guys get a chance at some of the next tracks, can you get us some of the lap times between the GT-R and the Vette's? Heck, laptimes between the top 10 cars will be good... The points system we can view on the onelap site doesn't tell us much.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:29 AM
0Louis @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

Raft guys- I know you are having braking problems with finding pads and rotors. I have a complete wilwood setup which uses a wider pad than what you are currently running and Stock C5 rotors that can be had anywhere.

I have a set here with your name on them if you want them with as many spares as you want.

Let me know if I can help, I just got off the phone with Gary, and Im trying to help him help yall

Louis- 972-429-1963
Old 05-05-2008, 11:29 AM
jackcasual
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Still following you guys.I see you are in 2nd. RAFT
Old 05-05-2008, 12:04 PM
method
Instructor

Originally Posted by briannutter
If you guys get a chance at some of the next tracks, can you get us some of the lap times between the GT-R and the Vette's? Heck, laptimes between the top 10 cars will be good... The points system we can view on the onelap site doesn't tell us much.

There are a lot of GTR fan boys in OT "Other Cars" claiming the Corvette is a POS and the GTR is DOMINATING the C6 ZO6 and dethroned it.

As far as I know, this is the first credible "one lap" comparison between the GTR and other cars. So, it would be great to hear how the GTR's lap times compare to other stock, or close to stock, vehicles. Especially, a C6 and C5 ZO6 that are stock.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Andi
Burning Brakes

It's raining at TWS.

2.9 counterclockwise...

The Viper's flying laps were 2:14 and 2:13.
The Skyline's flying laps were 2:28 then 2:30.

Those were the only cars I timed... I'm in the blue Z06 parked next to the GTR in the garages so if you're here come by and say hi.

Cheers,
Andi
Old 05-05-2008, 12:12 PM
robvuk
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by method

There are a lot of GTR fan boys in OT "Other Cars" claiming the Corvette is a POS and the GTR is DOMINATING the C6 ZO6 and dethroned it.

As far as I know, this is the first credible "one lap" comparison between the GTR and other cars. So, it would be great to hear how the GTR's lap times compare to other stock, or close to stock, vehicles. Especially, a C6 and C5 ZO6 that are stock.
The laps times are the total of 3 laps. Don't let them get too excited about the GTR because at 8:11, that's a 2:44 lap at Road America. I can do that with my bone stock C5 coupe on my street tires. I'm trying to find out what the weather conditions were.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:37 PM
66IISS
Racer

Originally Posted by robvuk
The laps times are the total of 3 laps. Don't let them get too excited about the GTR because at 8:11, that's a 2:44 lap at Road America. I can do that with my bone stock C5 coupe on my street tires. I'm trying to find out what the weather conditions were.

Heck, I was faster than that my second time ever at Road America.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:53 PM
Lawdogg
Safety Car

Received 210 Likes on 91 Posts

The GTR's Road America times do not look all that impressive, but one thing to remember is that in the One Lap, you do three laps timed from a standing start. I suppose it takes 10 or so seconds to get up to speed so you should take 3 or so seconds off per lap to get a closer approximation to a timed flying lap. Even doing that, it is about what my bone stock '04 Z06 ran.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:48 PM
robvuk
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Lawdogg
The GTR's Road America times do not look all that impressive, but one thing to remember is that in the One Lap, you do three laps timed from a standing start. I suppose it takes 10 or so seconds to get up to speed so you should take 3 or so seconds off per lap to get a closer approximation to a timed flying lap. Even doing that, it is about what my bone stock '04 Z06 ran.
I'm pretty sure the first lap from the standing start is just a warmup lap. The 3 following laps are totaled from a flying start.
Old 05-05-2008, 02:48 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Bury that GTR
Old 05-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Todd Z
Racer

It was very cold and rained all morning Saturday at RA. I beleive the track was mostly dry by 3:00pm. I ran there on Sunday with PCA and the track was falling apart in turns 5,6 and 8. I don't know if this was the condition on Saturday. All three turns had severe asphalt marbles that you had to very cautious and extra slow thus adding to any lap time.

Last edited by Todd Z; 05-05-2008 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Add
Old 05-05-2008, 03:36 PM
L98Terror
Race Director

W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

Good luck guys, we're pulling for ya!!

Get notified of new replies

To One Lap 08 updates

Old 05-05-2008, 03:36 PM
heavychevy
Safety Car

Received 179 Likes on 112 Posts

The track was wet at Road America. At least for the cars that went out the earliest, which is the faster cars. So there was starting to be a dry line from what I've heard, but the front runners suffered the most.

ARE THERE ANY MODS TO THIS CAR?

3 25 Chevrolet Z06 Corvette SSGT1 BB 1340
Dan Corcoran, Kyle Corcoran

It's the fanboys turn for excuses as well, they say the guy just got his arm out of a cast and isnt a very talented driver (yet still beat steve millen by one second in an 07 Z vs an 08 Z)
Old 05-05-2008, 04:16 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by heavychevy
The track was wet at Road America. At least for the cars that went out the earliest, which is the faster cars. So there was starting to be a dry line from what I've heard, but the front runners suffered the most.

ARE THERE ANY MODS TO THIS CAR?

3 25 Chevrolet Z06 Corvette SSGT1 BB 1340
Dan Corcoran, Kyle Corcoran

It's the fanboys turn for excuses as well, they say the guy just got his arm out of a cast and isnt a very talented driver (yet still beat steve millen by one second in an 07 Z vs an 08 Z)

I heard his legs are in a cast bt he doesn't need them to shift and GTR brakes are just for show they don't use them. That's why a 15" rear rotor is on there. It gets the weight up!
Old 05-05-2008, 04:28 PM
1lapRacer
Instructor

I'm pretty sure the first lap from the standing start is just a warmup lap. The 3 following laps are totaled from a flying start.

The warm up lap is not a timed lap. The 3 hot laps are timed and they begin with a standing start. So a two to three seconds a lap is probably fair for timing purpsoses.

Quick Reply: One Lap 08 updates