Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rotor?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 08:40 PM
02impactblue
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default rotor?

Anyone running the 2 piece 13"wilwood or stop tech rotors with the stock calipers or wilwood sl6 caliper? How many track days are you getting out of them?
Old 06-03-2008, 08:55 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

600 miles and some minor crazing. Haven't run it in near 2 years.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:21 AM
96CollectorSport
Melting Slicks

Location: If you don't weigh in you don't wrestle Road America
Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

I know Z06 Whisperer is running the 13" StopTech rotor, from my experiance the StopTech rotors outlast Wilwood rotors hands down!!
Plus the Wilwood rotors thread the bolts right into the aluminum hat and need to be saftey wired, the stoptech rotors come with nuts that slip into the hat and are replaced when you replace the rotor, and you don't need to saftey wire. I also think the replacement rings from stoptech are cheaper. Just a little info on the two products you are looking at.

Last edited by 96CollectorSport; 06-04-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:05 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 96CollectorSport
I know Z06 Whisperer is running the 13" StopTech rotor, from my experiance the StopTech rotors outlast Wilwood rotors hands down!!
Plus the Wilwood rotors thread the bolts right into the aluminum hat and need to be saftey wired, the stoptech rotors come with nuts that slip into the rotor and are replaced when you replace the rotor, and you don't need to saftey wire. I also think the replacement rings from stoptech are cheaper. Just a little info on the two products you are looking at.
You could even do a swap at the track vs all the safety wire crap. If I ever get back to the track I will tell you all better compared to NAPA's. Now that NAPA are more more it makes it a little less painful to buy them. They slots do work good for more stopping power slightly. They are about 1 pound heavier than NAPA

Get notified of new replies

To rotor?

Quick Reply: rotor?