Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 Z06 alignment specs

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 12:21 PM
aris
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C5 Z06 alignment specs

I have a C5 Z06 which is daily driven, and occasional (as often as I can) autocross time. I also plan on doing some HPDE in the future.
The tires I'll be running at autocross are toyo R888 (275 front 305 rear).

Does anyone have some decent alignment specs that I can run on the street, then just switch wheels and tires and autocross with? I am definitly willing to compromise some tire wear, but I'd like to find some specs that wont completely obliterate my tires within a week of driving, or two autocross events. Toyo recommends something like between -2.5 and -5 degree camber for the R888, which seems just a little ( ) too aggressive for the street.

Any help is appreciated!
Old 06-27-2008, 01:23 PM
Dave OH32
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As long as you keep the toe to a minimum, you shouldn't really shred your tires on the street that badly. Somewhere in the area of -2 in the front and -1 in the rear (0 toe in the front and maybe a touch of toe in, in the back to keep the rear end stable) should be a pretty good compromise. You'll definitely need the camber in the front to keep from destroying the outside edge of the race tires while autocrossing.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:03 PM
J.R.
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Here is a a link with info:
http://www.pfadtracing.com/docs/camb...t-settings.pdf

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Z06 alignment specs

Quick Reply: C5 Z06 alignment specs