Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PFADT sway bars with DRM ducts

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 07:37 PM
Z06Fix
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PFADT sway bars with DRM ducts

Has anyone been able to make these two work together? What exactly is the clearance issue with the two? I really would like to have the adjustablility of the PFADT setup. It would give me the option to set the car up for HPDE use or full on autox setup.

Thanks

Eric

Last edited by Z06Fix; 06-28-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:47 AM
roushraven
Coolest Guy Evar!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What problem are you having? I have the complete Pfadt suspension and DRM ducts connected to LGM spindle ducts - no issues or interference.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:42 PM
Z06Fix
Drifting

Originally Posted by roushraven
What problem are you having? I have the complete Pfadt suspension and DRM ducts connected to LGM spindle ducts - no issues or interference.
Anyway you could post of some pics for reference. I'm reading everywhere that the two do not work together. I'm still thinking the position of the duct has alot to do with it.

Thanks,

Eric
Old 06-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Bimota Guy
Burning Brakes

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I have the older style Pfatty bars on my street car. I spaced the duct out from the mounting surface using a 1/2" thick plastic spacer. It is about 1" in diameter with a 1/4" hole in it. There is a pic in this album of the duct and arm on rt front.
http://picasaweb.google.com/bimotaguy/2003EBZ06

Edit: I am uploading a couple of more pics now: 1 shows the spacer pre-install and the other is a shot up from the ground to show the clearance between the sway bar arm and the duct.

Last edited by Bimota Guy; 06-29-2008 at 03:26 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:54 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have Pfadt sway bars with DRM ducts, fits fine on my car. Dont have any pics , but the higher your mount the DRM ducts the better. At full droop , my front control arm contacts DRM duct and hose, at ride hieght it is fine..........I also trim the inner fender liner slightly so that the DRM duct fits up against the frame so that the tires @ full lock do not hit the ducts . ( I also have my steering rack shimmed for full lock)
Old 06-30-2008, 08:40 AM
roushraven
Coolest Guy Evar!
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Z06Fix
Anyway you could post of some pics for reference. I'm reading everywhere that the two do not work together. I'm still thinking the position of the duct has alot to do with it.

Thanks,

Eric
I don't have any pictures at the moment showing the Pfadt suspension but these show the placement of the ducts. Nothing was modified to mount the Pfadt bars.

HTH.

-RR

Old 06-30-2008, 10:17 AM
Z06Fix
Drifting

thanks guys. I'm going to finish up the install on the ducts this week. I was considering selling them because I wanted to do the PHADT bars next year. The car is 95% autox so I need to build my setup around that. But man I'm glad I will be able to have the ducts on there for the 1-2 HPDE's I do a year.

once again thanks for the help

Last edited by Z06Fix; 06-30-2008 at 11:40 AM.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:17 AM
0Randy@DRM
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I will know more on this issue after next week. I have a Phaft swaybar car coming in for some ducts with some other goodies. We are willing to change our mold to help with clearance if needed.

Randy
Old 06-30-2008, 05:33 PM
Aaron Pfadt
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08
Autocross & Roadrace Forum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Randy@DRM
I will know more on this issue after next week. I have a Phaft swaybar car coming in for some ducts with some other goodies. We are willing to change our mold to help with clearance if needed.

Randy
I'll be interested to hear your take on this issue. Most of our customers tell us these work just fine together. I think there is some variation on where the ducts are mounted. The newest of our bars should be a non-issue because we changed the bar length slightly moving the orange arms further inboard. The bottom line is that a little work with a heat gun will allow you to dimple the duct slightly so there is no rubbing regardless what generation bars you have.

-Aaron
Old 07-13-2008, 01:17 AM
roushraven
Coolest Guy Evar!
Support Corvetteforum!

Took thiese pictures today; hope they help.

-RR

Get notified of new replies

To PFADT sway bars with DRM ducts

Quick Reply: PFADT sway bars with DRM ducts