Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody run Mid-America Motorplex in Iowa?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 767 Likes on 549 Posts

Default Anybody run Mid-America Motorplex in Iowa?

I've driven by the place a dozen times travelling between Kansas City and South Dakota visiting relatives, and all I've personally witnessed are motorcycles on the track. Their website says they run cars there too, but the track looks a bit narrow. I'll be moving to the Kansas City area later in the year, and am starting to look for tracks to have some fun at. Anybody got any first hand experience on that track?

thanks,
Mike
Old 06-29-2008, 10:59 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been there twice during the One Lap of America. I like the track , has a long straight and a reasonable blend of technical vs. high speed manuevers. Seems to have alot of run off in most areas, but you dont know what lurks in tall grass.

I dont think that I would venture the 700 miles from Cincy just to go there, but It is a nice track......especially for where it is located.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:18 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

it is a real nice safe track, there is alot of free standing water sitting there now from all the rain.

good track especially for beginners
Old 06-30-2008, 12:42 AM
RogerT
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racing in Iowa

The folks in the Kansas City Corvette Club also come to Cedar Rapids, Iowa to autocross at Hawkeye Downs Motor Speedway. We are runnig nine events (18 runs ) over two days in August. The Corvette clubs also autocross at Cheriton, and Oceola, Iowa. Come join us.

Roger T
Old 06-30-2008, 07:38 AM
Z07coupe
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey 69427

I live on the Kansas side of the KC area. Send me a PM if you have any questions about activity in the area. There are several Corvette clubs in the area.
As for MAM. It is a 2.2 mile course, that is , I believe 40' wide. The comments that you have read are all correct. Large runoff areas, nice straight (I hit 130), various types of turns, 175 miles from my house, has never been crowded when I was there, great to learn on, and I like it a lot. It is flat.
Heartland Park is 60 miles away. I've only run there once. Least favorite of the 3. Plenty of concrete to kiss. But still fun.
Hallett is 240? miles. Reminds me of western PA. 80 feet of elevation change, uphill turns, downhill turns, three + straights, slower top speed, but fun. My favorite.
www.midamericamotorplex.com
http://www.na-motorsports.com/tracks...tlandpark/html
www.hallettracing.net
Old 06-30-2008, 09:15 AM
Tech Contributor

Location: I tend to be leery of any guy who doesn't own a chainsaw or a handgun.
Received 767 Likes on 549 Posts

Originally Posted by Roger T
The folks in the Kansas City Corvette Club also come to Cedar Rapids, Iowa to autocross at Hawkeye Downs Motor Speedway. We are runnig nine events (18 runs ) over two days in August. The Corvette clubs also autocross at Cheriton, and Oceola, Iowa. Come join us.

Roger T
Well, I'm certainly familiar with Cedar Rapids. Been there bunches of times. I went to school in Iowa City (Go Hawkeyes!) and also used to drive through CR while traveling from my former home in Indiana to South Dakota. I'll keep your events in mind.

I appreciate it.

Get notified of new replies

To Anybody run Mid-America Motorplex in Iowa?

Quick Reply: Anybody run Mid-America Motorplex in Iowa?