Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autox: ASP harness question. stock seats (temporary)

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Z06Fix
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Autox: ASP harness question. stock seats (temporary)

I'm looking at installing a harness bar and a drivers side harness for autox use. I plan on using it with the stock seat next year then upgrading the seats later on down the road. What is the best option for the stock seat? Are 5-6pt harnesses legal in ASP? I see alot of the SS cars running 4pt harnesses. I would rather have a anti-sub belt if possible. I know I can't use these for HPDE use since they will come around from the side but, eventually I will be able to upgrade the seats and use them for both.

Thanks,

Eric
Old 07-07-2008, 05:27 PM
autoxer6
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For auto x I like my 4 point. It's a simpson camlock 5 pt minus the sub belt. If you want a sub belt then a 6 point with the brey kause lap belt mount works well. Thats what I have. A 5 pt doesn't work well with the stock seat.

If you do plan to use this on a track then a sternum strap is recommended. This is a strap (factory installed) that connects your two shoulder straps across the chest to keep them from sliding off of your shoulder in a crash.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:00 AM
SteveC6R
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, they are legal any class of the SCCA. You need a Hardbar from Gary, Schroth harness, and a Brey Krause belt attachements. Give me a shout if you want to know where to get the stuff. It's the same setup that I originally I had in my car with the stock seat and the exact same setup that's in Kevin's Z06.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:33 AM
Z06Fix
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveC6R
Yes, they are legal any class of the SCCA. You need a Hardbar from Gary, Schroth harness, and a Brey Krause belt attachements. Give me a shout if you want to know where to get the stuff. It's the same setup that I originally I had in my car with the stock seat and the exact same setup that's in Kevin's Z06.

thanks Steve, PM sent

These are the ones I have been looking at:

Last edited by Z06Fix; 07-08-2008 at 12:52 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:57 AM
vettedan
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would go with a Hardbar harness bar, Vetteworks/Hardbar lap belt bar and a Teamtech 6 pt harness. Stanard color for Hardbar harness bar is black. The lap belt bar provides anchors for the lap and sub belts with no modification.

www.vetteworksonline.com

Get notified of new replies

To Autox: ASP harness question. stock seats (temporary)

Quick Reply: Autox: ASP harness question. stock seats (temporary)