Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heavy Duty Front Hubs

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Heavy Duty Front Hubs

Are the new heavy duty front hubs with the tapered bearings a sealed bearing like the stock unit? Not getting any response over in the Tech section, but I figured you guys would know.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:11 PM
96GS#007
Tech Contributor

Received 1,735 Likes on 1,046 Posts

Originally Posted by Last C5
Are the new heavy duty front hubs with the tapered bearings a sealed bearing like the stock unit? Not getting any response over in the Tech section, but I figured you guys would know.
They're sealed / non-serviceable like the stock hubs.
Old 07-12-2008, 05:31 PM
ghoffman
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In II Veteran

Originally Posted by Last C5
Yes, they sealed, and the ABS encoder is inside the sealed unit. BTW, the bearings sold by the other vendor are not the same as these. When in doubt come here, I am almost always on this forum. They come with studs installed, but ARP racing studs are available. For sure get the bearing fastener kit, it is a huge improvement over the OE Torx bolts. We are the distributor of them so if there is anything you want to know, please ask!
Gary Hoffman
Hardbarusa.com
603-682-8073

http://hardbarusa.com/hardbar/produc...roducts_id=111

http://hardbarusa.com/hardbar/produc...roducts_id=112

http://hardbarusa.com/hardbar/produc...roducts_id=115

Last edited by ghoffman; 07-12-2008 at 05:47 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Last C5
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Yes, they sealed, and the ABS encoder is inside the sealed unit. BTW, the bearings sold by the other vendor are not the same as these. When in doubt come here, I am almost always on this forum. They come with studs installed, but ARP racing studs are available. For sure get the bearing fastener kit, it is a huge improvement over the OE Torx bolts. We are the distributor of them so if there is anything you want to know, please ask!
Gary Hoffman
Hardbarusa.com
603-682-8073

Thanks for the info, I'll be getting both the hubs and the fastener kits soon.

Get notified of new replies

To Heavy Duty Front Hubs

Quick Reply: Heavy Duty Front Hubs