Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's Official NJ Motorsports Park is up and Runnin'

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 09:02 PM
parkerracing
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default It's Official NJ Motorsports Park is up and Runnin'

OK, EMRA isn't as sexy as ALMS but they gave me a white shirt and let me sit 20' away from the track surface (which is quite nice and smooth). Lots of elevation changes and VERY fast (at least the Lightening circut). They need to have have the hydroseed truck back again, the soil is very fine and makes the track very slippery. I'm sunburnt and tired but happy. Here are some pix, enjoy....

Me at station 9 "Light Bulb" (anyone remember the Bridge?)

Classed in NEI (North East Iron). Odd for a plastic car don't you think?

A Pair of Z06's

Those ex-Craftsman Trucks were mad fast.

The "members" got to take parade laps at lunch (I can't recall seeing so many NSX's in one place at one time)

Pit In-rolling hills.

Racin' Action

Last edited by parkerracing; 07-13-2008 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:37 PM
fmrfast
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always have to say thanks to the corner workers, & thanks for the pic's.
Yes! the track is fun, nice & fast, the facility is exceptional, EMRA put on a nice race event. It looked like the HPDE/TT was good also.
Great track I highly recommend it.

Yes they allow me in NEI with the fiberglass, C4 only, they just make me carry more weight with less HP then the camaros & mustangs.

The field in the big bore race sunday had about 25-30 cars I qualified 6th overall, finished 2nd in class, ALOT of working through traffic with the 944 cup & supercup cars. The mighty Corvette had alot more. Will be even faster next time once I figure out the 4900 rpm misfire
#12 1989 L98 C4

Last edited by fmrfast; 07-14-2008 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:03 PM
STEVEN13
Melting Slicks

Received 112 Likes on 92 Posts

Sounds like a great track! Nice finish Frank!! Hope to be there next year.

Steven
Old 07-15-2008, 08:37 AM
fmrfast
Racer

Is your name Dave?

The quote from you "Me at station 9 "Light Bulb" (anyone remember the Bridge?)

Remember the the Bridge, Bridgehampton! How can anyone who ever raced there forget that place. The light bulb at the bridge was quite different, but the name alone and the sand brings back memories of some great racing at a great track. You just never can forget the blind entry at 130 mph into turns 1, & 2 & then 3 which lead to the 1/4 mile long millestone straight, Echo valley, 7,8,9 the light bulb, then turn 12 which was the blind entry into turn 13 which lead to the 3100 foot front straight. Great place! sad its not around any more! I can still drive laps of the bridge in my head.
This track isnt quite the bridge but its a good one!
Frank R

Last edited by fmrfast; 07-15-2008 at 08:40 AM.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:42 AM
fmrfast
Racer

Originally Posted by STEVEN13
Sounds like a great track! Nice finish Frank!! Hope to be there next year.

Steven
Hi Steven, thanks!
If you have the opportunity any time this year or next year (NJMSP) this place is a must!

Frank
Old 07-15-2008, 07:45 PM
parkerracing
Safety Car

Originally Posted by fmrfast
Is your name Dave? Frank R
Nope, Keith. What years and what did you run at the Bridge and with whom? Maybe we ran together back in the day?
Old 07-15-2008, 10:42 PM
l8279vette
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Bridgehamton

I remember you from 88 when you ran the silver 68 c3.When you blew out your rear window and had fuel pickup problems.I'm frank R's, #12 c4 crew chief, to bad you didn't stop by when we were by the car.You still racing Vettes? I know you used to have a c4.I was with Gary from the toy store,the mr2's. Pete

Last edited by l8279vette; 07-15-2008 at 10:45 PM. Reason: to add
Old 07-16-2008, 07:56 AM
fmrfast
Racer

Originally Posted by parkerracing
Nope, Keith. What years and what did you run at the Bridge and with whom? Maybe we ran together back in the day?
1994 until closing with EMRA, mostly Time Trials Back then. I was running the same black 1989 C4 but all stock back then.
By the way when I passed your station did you hear it misfire as I went by on top of 3rd gear. I had to start short shifting it. Found oil in the pick up in the distributor.

Last edited by fmrfast; 07-16-2008 at 07:59 AM.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:34 AM
cyclerage23
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where is this track?
Old 07-16-2008, 01:22 PM
fmrfast
Racer

Originally Posted by cyclerage23
where is this track?
8000 Dividing Creek Road
Millville, NJ 08332
Old 07-16-2008, 08:20 PM
parkerracing
Safety Car

Originally Posted by l8279vette
I remember you from 88 when you ran the silver 68 c3.When you blew out your rear window and had fuel pickup problems.I'm frank R's, #12 c4 crew chief, to bad you didn't stop by when we were by the car.You still racing Vettes? I know you used to have a c4.I was with Gary from the toy store,the mr2's. Pete
Do you still talk to Gary? Blowing out the rear window was too funny. I guess the spoiler worked, LOL. You know I ran most of that season without secondaries? I just thought I was slow, LOL.
I talked to somebody at the car because I hadn't heard of NEI before. I still have the C4 and was going to bring it there, need about 2 weekends to finish it but in this economy....

I didn't think too much of the miss as many of the cars were popping going into that corner. /:\

At Sebring (and it won't look like this much when you see it again)
Old 07-16-2008, 10:17 PM
Hardcorvette
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10

I'll be there August 5th & 6th for a NASA HPDE event...can't wait.
Old 07-19-2008, 06:27 PM
l8279vette
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Haven't seen gary for several years.The last time i saw him was at a car show with a hotrod 34 ford i don't think he is racing any more.Those were some good times.I am crewing for frank R #12 i always enjoyed vettes we have been doing very well.he is a great driver and we communicate well,we have 5 time trial championships and 1 race championship with EMRA in a row.If you have pictures of your car i would like to see them.Who are you running with? I Saw some pictures from the bridge under vintage racing and they brought back memorys.The picts of al and charlie harding,boris said,good times. pete
Old 07-20-2008, 10:47 AM
parkerracing
Safety Car

I'll have to scan in more pix of the old car but here's one

I sold this car to an EMRA time trialer named Dennis who wrecked it, I'm told. PM me if you know anything about him/it.

I bought the GT-1 Vette with that seed money and put it together. the first event was an SCCA Drivers School/Regional/EMRA race at the Glen Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon. I entered all of 'em. WRONG! Overheating issues, oil leaks, and a blown out rear wheel bearing put me on the trailer before the end of the student race, LOL what was I thinking? (the clutch was oiled so bad, guys were asking me if it was an automatic).

Moved to FL and hooked up with a buddy who moved down a few years before me, thought we had all the bugs worked out, went to drivers school at Moroso, front suspension failure (My DI thought I was afraid of the car and failed me. When we got back to the shop a spacer was in the wrong place and the tubular upper a arm was severly bent. These cars shake, but not like that. If I didn't think he would have wrecked it, I would have LOVED to put that DI in the car).

Did alot of SAFE stuff to get everything right (controled revs 6500 max)and ran a semi pro GT race at Sebring (first time at 7200) and blew the motor.

Company I worked for went out of business and I moved back. Spent the last 4 years (or is it 5 now?) updating the car with intentions of running EMRA and AGT. AGT is no more and NJMSP was going to be the trial run. I don't know if I'll run at all this year with the economy so iffy. I'm going to have to buy some more horsepower to run with those trucks anyway.

Funny you mention Boris, here's a pic of the Tom Bell Corvette Challenge car he drove at Lime Rock Nov. '87(?). He lapped the entire field including several old GT-1 cars (there was a second car, can't remember who was driving but he wasn't far behind)

Get notified of new replies

To It's Official NJ Motorsports Park is up and Runnin'

Quick Reply: It's Official NJ Motorsports Park is up and Runnin'