Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

confused about seats,

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 01:59 PM
samsonxd
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default confused about seats,

I was kicking around the idea of replacing the seats in my 99FRC and was looking at the Sparco TORINO 2. I did a search on here but I could not find out any information on them.

The car is a daily driver that see's track time 1/4 mile, I am looking for something that is comfortable for a long drive, won't break the bank and still looks/acts sporty. I am not that tall either lol I got more confused looking at information on seats then when I started.

Thanks for any suggestions anyone can throw my way. I placed this in the general section then realized most search results led here for seat questions, thanks again.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:43 PM
AlwaysInBoost
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you probably didn't find any info on them because they aren't really what you would consider a "race seat", so nobody in this section would be talking about them.

However, if you're just looking for a sporty seat to replace the OEM units I think the Torino is a good choice. It will still allow you to use your factory belts and it will recline.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:09 PM
samsonxd
Racer

Thanks AlwaysInBoost I appreciate the information, you seem like you have alot of knowledge about this stuff anything else you could recommend that would fit the bill?
Old 07-23-2008, 04:09 PM
AlwaysInBoost
Melting Slicks

I've been doing a lot of research on race seats lately, as I'm looking for a set for my Z06, but we are really talking about apples and oranges here. Real fixed position race bucket seats & "sport seats" aren't really in the same catagory... sorry I couldn't be more help.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:52 PM
samsonxd
Racer

no problem good luck on finding what you need thanks again.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:55 PM
kflee
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you sure the Torino will fit??? After researching things a while back, the only two options for a "sport" seat were the Corbeau A4 and the Sparco Roadster (fixed back). Sparco now has a couple of new seats. The Chrono Road (reclining) and the Chrono Sport (fixed). From the dimensions, it looks to me like the Sport will fit, but the Road will not. I would love to hear from someone who has tried the Road.

Kirk
Old 07-23-2008, 05:24 PM
samsonxd
Racer

Originally Posted by kflee
Are you sure the Torino will fit??? After researching things a while back, the only two options for a "sport" seat were the Corbeau A4 and the Sparco Roadster (fixed back). Sparco now has a couple of new seats. The Chrono Road (reclining) and the Chrono Sport (fixed). From the dimensions, it looks to me like the Sport will fit, but the Road will not. I would love to hear from someone who has tried the Road.

Kirk
Thanks for the reply no I don't know if it will fit or not I was hoping someone else might know if you find anything out please let me know.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:32 PM
rustyguns
Le Mans Master

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

i feel your pain i have the same dilemma

only real way to be sure of fit is to buy it local from a vendor or store that will take it back if it does not fit.

Also Sparco just came out with a steal seat. It is designed to fit in small cars, so it may be good for the C5.

i too like the Torino but have no idea if it will fit. nobody knows?????

do you guys know if any of the sport seats that recline abide to FIA guidelines?

Let us know what you find! G/L
Old 02-03-2009, 04:12 AM
Coconut
Racer

Default Sparco 2009

Originally Posted by kflee

Kirk

Sparco has the steel & the new R100 for 2009 that will fit. I, too, want the Sparco Torino, but I think the rear adjustment **** may be in the way.

Last edited by Coconut; 02-03-2009 at 04:25 AM.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:05 PM
JeremiahsC5
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone have the R 100's in a C5?

Get notified of new replies

To confused about seats,

Quick Reply: confused about seats,