Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LeMons at CMP?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 09:05 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default LeMons at CMP?

So who is headed over to run in the 24 Hours of LeMons at CMP this weekend?

From the entries I know about it sounds like a "who's who" of southeast racers and track junkies...
Old 07-25-2008, 11:55 AM
spazegun2213
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was part of a team, but.... had to cancel since I'll be racing in nashville this weekend.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:05 PM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by spazegun2213
I was part of a team, but.... had to cancel since I'll be racing in nashville this weekend.
I suspect there will be some seats available as the event winds on....in this heat.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:07 PM
WBHighwind
Burning Brakes

I was trying to get a team put together for MSR Houston in nov, but I had no luck and all the teams I knew of already have enough drivers/backup drivers...
Old 07-27-2008, 09:48 PM
Dave OH32
Instructor

Just got back from CMP... Racing the Silver "P-51" Mustang, we had an absolute blast. We were down for ~4 hours replacing a head gasket yesterday but were absolutely killing people in the corners today... made up a ton of laps and ~20 places. It was a much cleaner race than I thought it was going to be going in. Pictures and some in-car video later.... racing at CMP in late July = really really hot/tired.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:15 AM
varkwso
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Dave OH32
Just got back from CMP... Racing the Silver "P-51" Mustang, we had an absolute blast. We were down for ~4 hours replacing a head gasket yesterday but were absolutely killing people in the corners today... made up a ton of laps and ~20 places. It was a much cleaner race than I thought it was going to be going in. Pictures and some in-car video later.... racing at CMP in late July = really really hot/tired.
Saw you out there - we ended up 21st overall. We were running 16th with 15 minutes to go when both front calipers failed - pretty cool when you pour brake fluid in the master cylinder and fluid flashes on the front brakes and spray the inside of the wheels at the same time.

We really had no brakes on Saturday for the last 2 hours, only 3rd gear on Sunday, no clutch from noon on (stuck in third) - it was push starts and hoping we did not have to come to a complete stop on track.

Transmissions really seemed to take a beating on Sunday with lots of bad ones....

The 30 minute penalty I incurred was our worst incident when I tapped a guy turning into me. We did get hit a few other times that was not called in though...
Old 07-28-2008, 04:36 PM
thehammer69
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by varkwso
Saw you out there - we ended up 21st overall. We were running 16th with 15 minutes to go when both front calipers failed - pretty cool when you pour brake fluid in the master cylinder and fluid flashes on the front brakes and spray the inside of the wheels at the same time.

We really had no brakes on Saturday for the last 2 hours, only 3rd gear on Sunday, no clutch from noon on (stuck in third) - it was push starts and hoping we did not have to come to a complete stop on track.

Transmissions really seemed to take a beating on Sunday with lots of bad ones....

The 30 minute penalty I incurred was our worst incident when I tapped a guy turning into me. We did get hit a few other times that was not called in though...
Jeff, I don't know if you read my note to you on the "other site", but your team won a reward but apparently you guys left the premises before the awards gathering so they gave it to somebody else.

Our team won the "most likely to leave in an ambulance" trophy. Apparently our 6 cylinder engine running on 3 or less cylinders and down to only 1st gear was making us one heck of a backmarker out there. They let us finish though once we started staying out of the way.

Unfortunately my weekend was ruined on the way home. My F250 blew it's rear right tire while pulling the enclosed car trailer on I-26. It severely damaged the side of my truck around the tire and some of the supporting undercarriage.

Don
Old 08-01-2008, 10:51 PM
thehammer69
Burning Brakes

Post race Picture of the Animal House Inspired "Deathmobile"

Dent on the door is from me not allowing a pesky little BMW to dive bomb me...

Old 08-02-2008, 04:40 AM
WBHighwind
Burning Brakes

This sounds like a blast. If I could find a team or get one together for MSR Houston this Nov then I would do it in a heartbeat. I still might go down there and just watch.

Get notified of new replies

To LeMons at CMP?

Quick Reply: LeMons at CMP?