Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Trans Am and Corvette Chassis

Old 09-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Locke
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Default The Trans Am and Corvette Chassis

Anyone interested in buying a new copy of the book, 'The Trans Am and Corvette Chassis' by Steve Smith Autosports can contact Charla at Steve Smiths Motorsports. They found one box of them back in the Warehouse. The number is 714-639-7681.
I loaned mine out years ago and it didn't return. I don't have a C2/C3 now but hope to revive the car I crewed with in SCCA and IMSA back in the 80's some day.
The book has a pretty good discussion of general chassis dynamics and some specific build info on 60s-70s Camaro/Trans Am/Corvette production chassis racers.
It's old school but at less than $15 for the book, I wanted it back in my library.

God rest our NCCC buddy in the Carolinas, Don Smith. Our prayers and best wishes from the members of North Florida Corvette Association go to his family, friends and fellow Vetters.

Locke McCormick
North Florida Corvette Assn., NCCC
Buccaneer Region, SCCA
Jacksonville, FL

Last edited by Locke; 09-08-2008 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Signature didn't post with thread.
Old 09-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Akcelr8 N VA
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Locke
...God rest our NCCC buddy in the Carolinas, Don Smith. Our prayers and best wishes from the members of North Florida Corvette Association go to his family, friends and fellow Vetters.
Is this the same Don Smith autocrosser with a 40th aniversay? I used to run against him at the annual Northern Virginia Corvette Club "Spooktacular" events when my car was still 2G. What happened?
Old 09-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Woods
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Akcelr8 N VA
Is this the same Don Smith autocrosser with a 40th aniversay? I used to run against him at the annual Northern Virginia Corvette Club "Spooktacular" events when my car was still 2G. What happened?
Ralph I believe so. I heard it was a heart attack
Old 09-08-2008, 07:43 PM
Akcelr8 N VA
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm sorry to hear that. My sympathy to his family and friends. He was a very nice guy.

Get notified of new replies

To The Trans Am and Corvette Chassis

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Trans Am and Corvette Chassis