Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More Reasons to choose ForgeLine and LGMotorsports

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 07:37 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Default More Reasons to choose ForgeLine and LGMotorsports

Hi guys,

There has been a little bit of talk about wheel strength and design on aftermarket wheels so I thought I would share some words from the guys at ForgeLine, and share some of our experiences as well.

"From the President of Forgeline:

Our strength and durability testing begins at the design stage using advanced FEA computer stress analysis to test each and every new design under a simulated load and optimize it before machining ever begins. The finished products are then physically tested to exceed SAE J2530 standards and real-life racing variables, not just street variables, are used for such test criteria. All that is great, however our most tried and true method of testing is 15 years of racing experience. Laboratory testing cannot compare to what we actually learn from 3000 lb cars racing for 24 hours on the high banks of the Daytona Speedway. That is knowledge that very few wheel companies actually have.

David Schardt

Forgeline Motorsports, LLC"

As you all know, we have ran ForgeLine wheels on our race cars from the IMSA GT3 cars, World Challenge GT, to our high performance customer Z06 track and street cars.

HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO?

Give me a ring at the shop, or PM and I would be more than happy to spec. out a custom built set of wheels just for your Corvette, or any high performance fitment!
Old 09-10-2008, 08:09 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

great made in the USA and not crap from China
Old 09-10-2008, 10:37 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Beautiful wheels no doubt and of superb quality.

I just cannot fathom how the best wheel brands on the market can cost so frigging much though for a chunk of aluminum.

Not meaning to be mean, I really just cannot comprehend it and I can comprehend most anything, really

I have actually asked more than one manf (not this one) and none have ever given much of a solid answer, mostly just a tap dance around the issue.

I would love to hear why they cost so much and if convinced would be much more prone to buying them (I spent over $100k on parts in the last 10 months, money is not the only issue for me)

No offense meant to anybody, any manf, any vendor, I just want a solid reason to spend the money I work my **** off to make

Sincerely,
Rick
Old 09-10-2008, 10:38 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

P.S. They are dead sexy I must admit.
Old 09-11-2008, 06:47 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by raam
Beautiful wheels no doubt and of superb quality.

I just cannot fathom how the best wheel brands on the market can cost so frigging much though for a chunk of aluminum.

Not meaning to be mean, I really just cannot comprehend it and I can comprehend most anything, really

I have actually asked more than one manf (not this one) and none have ever given much of a solid answer, mostly just a tap dance around the issue.

I would love to hear why they cost so much and if convinced would be much more prone to buying them (I spent over $100k on parts in the last 10 months, money is not the only issue for me)

No offense meant to anybody, any manf, any vendor, I just want a solid reason to spend the money I work my **** off to make

Sincerely,
Rick

Well I guess cast vs forged, made here vs. 2 bucks an hour in China, no EPA, tolerances, weight, strength, finish, rent on a building and standing behind a product not hiding behind an ocean.

They are not "Lipstick on a pig" as they have been saying. I guess like wearing gold jewlery vs. plated gold jewlery and more. They are the real deal. Anyone racing on Chinese rims?

Last edited by John Shiels; 09-11-2008 at 06:50 AM.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:07 AM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

When you are working with a custom built wheel such as a ForgeLine these are all custom built to your specifications. Not being a 'production' line increases build time and costs.

Check out this link for an informative look at how they are built.
FORGELINE TV
Old 09-11-2008, 09:52 PM
CodeBlack
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by John Shiels
great made in the USA and not crap from China
John, I hear that you may have a contract deal to race for the formula one team of Japan. You will no doubt get a free GT-R out of the deal
Old 09-11-2008, 10:19 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Originally Posted by CodeBlack
John, I hear that you may have a contract deal to race for the formula one team of Japan. You will no doubt get a free GT-R out of the deal
I would rather have a sharp sick in my eye.

Get notified of new replies

To More Reasons to choose ForgeLine and LGMotorsports

Quick Reply: More Reasons to choose ForgeLine and LGMotorsports