Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VIR Dec 1 / Lapping & HPDE

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 05:21 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Default VIR Dec 1 / Lapping & HPDE

Asphalt Ventures event! On VIR Dec 1 Monday

Our goal is to provide a relaxed and safe track day experience. The size of the event will be limited to allow for plenty of traffic free lapping, and the open time format will let you come and go on your own schedule (except the beginner/novice group.)

For this Asphalt Ventures event, we will be trying something a little different. For beginner and intermediate drivers, or drivers who may not quite meet the qualifications for solo status; we now have two instructed entry options:

1.Beginners/Novices - We have set up a driver's ed style run group just for you! You will have classroom and in-car instruction. There will be at least 4 30-minute track sessions, with an option for a final 45 minute session at the end of the day.

2.Intermediate/Advanced - Those of you who are already comfortable on track, and have a solid grasp of on-track protocols have an option of getting a 1-on-1 in-car coach to work with in the early part of the day. Once you are both comfortable you've met your goals, your coach can sign you off to drive solo the rest of the day. You will be driving during the open lapping sessions.

Advanced solo qualified drivers will have about 5-1/2 hours of track time to choose from. Peter Krause will be leading his famous Course Talks before lunch, then after lunch he will give a seminar on data acquisition and all its benefits. (Please email me ahead if you want/need to share a vehicle for the advanced solo lapping.)

https://www.asphaltventures.com/

Monday, December 1st, 2008

Advanced Solo Entry: $225

Instructed Entries: $275 ... Includes lunch ticket

Instructor Entry: $0

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...F2655E8407240D

Last edited by AU N EGL; 10-21-2008 at 09:06 PM.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:38 PM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Tom this is so tempting, I have been dieing to drive VIR
Old 10-21-2008, 08:53 PM
jstout
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Chattanooga Area Events Coordinator

Would like to seriously consider this. Live in east TN. recently completed second Hpde at Putnam and got signed off for solo there, but would opt for the coach for a while to really learn VIR right. What cost to attend? thanks. Jerry Stout
Old 10-21-2008, 09:07 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Prices added above.

This is Stacy Kings program ( Triangle Z ). Puts on a real good event.

also note that Peter Krause is one of the best set car set up experts around. plus knows many tracks from many different cars perspectives.

Last edited by AU N EGL; 10-21-2008 at 09:14 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:40 AM
KILR-RYD
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really really really would love to come, wish it was on a weekend, rather than a weekday, missing 2 days of work right after a 3 week vacation isnt going to be a good thing
Old 10-22-2008, 12:05 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Originally Posted by KILR-RYD
I really really really would love to come, wish it was on a weekend, rather than a weekday, missing 2 days of work right after a 3 week vacation isnt going to be a good thing
There are plenty of weekend events left for VIR

Look at http://www.Trackschedule.com

Carolina PCA has a great three day event the end on Nov.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:59 PM
KILR-RYD
Drifting

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
There are plenty of weekend events left for VIR

Look at http://www.Trackschedule.com

Carolina PCA has a great three day event the end on Nov.
Thanks for the link.

I was under the impression that PCA events are meant only for their members? and to be a member dont you have to own a Porsche? Can a non member join them at this event you think?
Old 10-22-2008, 01:58 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Originally Posted by KILR-RYD
Thanks for the link.

I was under the impression that PCA events are meant only for their members? and to be a member dont you have to own a Porsche? Can a non member join them at this event you think?
Carolina PCA is very good. You do not have to be a member, but PCA membership does get preferential entrance in their events.

Some PCAs are nose in the air, but not Carolina PCA.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:04 PM
Jim MacZ06
Advanced

Most PCA Clubs that have been accussed in the past of having their nose in the air have done a very poor job of explaining that they have so many members that they restrict participation to Porsche only cars unless the event does not sell out.(I will admit that some of my bretheren have a certain degree of arrogance but they are a small minority.)

In prior years, the largest regions events always sold out so fast, that even PCA members from other Regions were not accepted because there was no room, but not any more. This year registrations have been lacking and an acceptance of anyone has become the norm. This may be an economy thing but has many PCA Regions reviewing past practices in order to stay viable. This is a good and healthy review that any business should do from time to time.

Au N EGL, you are correct, Carolina PCA is a great bunch of folks and we run together at VIR often, First Settlers PCA is just as good, as is Potomac PCA. (I am a member of Potomac.) Very fast, safe and competent drivers especialy in the top run groups....In many cases race cars, race car drivers and liberal passing rules (especially in red) that are still safe but indicative of the caliber of drivers on the course and their familiarity with each other. No foolishness is allowed but very fast!!!! SO FAST, that in many instances instructors from visiting regions will move down in order to be comfortable with the pace and to have the most fun!!!!!

I am a PCA member and instructor and compaign a heavily modified 2005 GT3 RS as well as the JMAC Racing/LG Motorsport Corvette Z06. I thoughroughly enjoy competing with the GT3 Cup Cars with the Corvette and they with me. This is why I built the car. I am accepted by all but definately stand out at an event. I must also admit that I am a bonified Corvette lover!!!!

Something else that stands out...."All red blooded American boys/men at one time or another wanted a Corvette", they may now own a Porsche, but they have always wanted a Corvette. Many of them spend a hell of a lot of time in my garage taking pictures, sitting in the car and talking Corvettes no matter what track we are running.

I enjoy this back and forth, as I appreciate and love both vehicles. We have a great deal of fun.

Envy can sometimes take on the appearance of snobery but get these folks by themselves and they love Corvettes and will talk about them all day and night!!!!!!!!!!

If any of you have the chance to run VIR with any of these PCA regions do so.... The DE's are well run, always on time, fast and safe and I promise that you will be treated with the respect and attention that any highly valued customer should expect!!!!

I have done so over 50 times and will continue to do so.

JMAC

Get notified of new replies

To VIR Dec 1 / Lapping & HPDE

Quick Reply: VIR Dec 1 / Lapping & HPDE