Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A great testimonial

Old 10-27-2008, 06:43 PM
socalspringmountain
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 418 Likes on 186 Posts

Default A great testimonial

Below is a great testimonial about the Ron Fellows Performance Driving School at Spring Mountain. This graduate highlights the most important point: The best modification you can make to your car is in the Driver first! If you've ever been thinking about enrolling, then read this!

Link: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...4&goto=newpost

I was fortunate enough to be one of the four students in the first ZR1 driving course, it comes with the car. I wanted to get the maximum I could from my experience, I think I did. I opted to do the three day level one school before the ZR1 School. I will tell you the schedule, the instructors, the employees, the owner, the food, the cars, the track, the club house are all second to none, and both classes were excellent. I’ve never been to another driving school everything I was taught I should have known for the last 40 years but I didn’t, my reflexes are not what a race driver would want but reflexes were not what I needed, this was not about being a race driver, its about you and a car, the car and the track, balance and momentum. The instructors don’t use the word fast or talk about how fast they go, they talk about momentum, your eyes, what you see, what you feel, when the car oversteer’s and why and how to correct it, when it understeer’s why and how to correct it. You get to push your limit. I do not believe there was a student that left either of these courses feeling he could have spent his money in a better way, we all gained more than we spent. For those of you modifying your cars more horsepower, more torque, bigger brakes, louder exhaust, I submit that the best money you can spend is on yourself, learn your limit, if you can push the car to its limit there are always other things you can do to improve it, if you cant push it to its limit then all the other additions you make may only serve to cause you issues that put you or others at risk down the road. The base C6 Corvette Coupe is a remarkable car. We all got to drive every type Corvette they had at the track, a base car without heads up, a Z51suspension, a supercharged Callaway with suspension modifications, a base car with competition coil over suspension coupe, the Z06, a Z06 with higher performance brake pads and the ZR1 they are all more car than I may ever be able to push to there limit, but with the help of Dave R, Jordan, Barry, JJ, Victor and Mitch we gave the cars what for me was a fair exercise. I left a better driver for sure, more aware of my car and its capabilities. The ZR1 class offered plenty of seat time in both the Z06 and ZR1 you will leave understanding the difference in the two cars with exceptional training behind you. Will I ever race a Corvette competitively? No! Will I go do a track day at some of the other tracks around the country? Preparations are already being made. I just got off the phone with Melinda I’m going back to Spring Mountain and taking my son with me, he needs the same training and I want more instruction from these instructors and more seat time in these cars. I have not told you much about what we did I’ll let them do that with there curriculum explanation as I’m sure it will change because they probably got a good laugh out of my performance and there may be a few things they decide not to offer again and a few things they decide they better offer more of based on how uneducated some of us are. About the time you start to feel you are gaining on this process they have the capability of showing you how much more is out there for you to learn and they do an excellent job of that. I would have stayed for another week, unfortunately life does not always allow everything you want. Thanks guys and gals, my experience was one I’ll remember for a long time and yes I’ll be back. I left with some new challenges for my driving style; I left with a new found capability to feel balance in a car, something I never looked for before but understand now. But most importantly I left with a new understanding of what a fantastic piece of machinery the base C6, the C6 with Z51, the Z06 and the ZR1 are. My hat is off to the Spring Mountain Advanced Driving School; I’m humbled and honored to have been fortunate enough to attend.

Roy

The Official Performance Driving School Of Corvette
www.racespringmountain.com
victor@racespringmountain.com
800-391-6891

Old 10-28-2008, 02:38 PM
Z06Fix
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like a great program

question: What pad are you guys using on the Z06's with upgraded pads?
Old 10-30-2008, 11:19 AM
socalspringmountain
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 418 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06Fix
sounds like a great program

question: What pad are you guys using on the Z06's with upgraded pads?
We are actually testing a new racing pas PBR. They are fantastic, but make a lot of noise.

Get notified of new replies

To A great testimonial

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A great testimonial