Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In north NJ, new to scene, interested in track days!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 09:40 PM
SuprChrgdC7
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Default In north NJ, new to scene, interested in track days!!

I'm new to the Corvette scene, just bought an '06 C6. I wanna get into track days at either Pocono, LimeRock, etc. I am an ex-roadracer on motorcycles, now making the move to cars. I have been out of the scene for 3 yrs, looking to get back in. Any clubs in the NJ/NY area? Not looking for autocross, just track days/roadracing.

Last edited by SuprChrgdC7; 10-29-2008 at 09:47 PM. Reason: found other info w/ search
Old 10-29-2008, 09:44 PM
magnetic1
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like still some spots left in a week at NJMP...

https://www.nasaproracing.com/ems/event/804
Old 10-30-2008, 07:35 AM
GeorgeZNJ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by SuprChrgdC5
I'm new to the Corvette scene, just bought an '06 C6. I wanna get into track days at either Pocono, LimeRock, etc. I am an ex-roadracer on motorcycles, now making the move to cars. I have been out of the scene for 3 yrs, looking to get back in. Any clubs in the NJ/NY area? Not looking for autocross, just track days/roadracing.
NJMSP this Monday run by track time for cars, scroll down nd look for the thread.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:53 AM
turbo50mike
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 3 Posts

Come this Monday to NJMP. The weather is looking to be perfect, and it will probably be one of the last events of the season. I'm also a former bike racer, and made the move to cars two years ago. It's ALOT of fun. Better than the bikes?? I dunno....It's different.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:34 AM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by turbo50mike
Come this Monday to NJMP. The weather is looking to be perfect, and it will probably be one of the last events of the season. I'm also a former bike racer, and made the move to cars two years ago. It's ALOT of fun. Better than the bikes?? I dunno....It's different.

Come on Monday and compare the bikes and the cars since TrackTime4cars has both bikes and cars on the track (different times of course ). We are heading down Sunday afternoon. If you are not ready to run on the track maybe just come down to watch.

you can PM me here or email at bob@ecsracing.com

Unfortunately this year is nearly ending, but each year on ECSRacing we post the events that we are going to. I always find the events to be much more fun with a group of friends and a large group of vettes....

Old 10-30-2008, 10:46 AM
SuprChrgdC7
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

sorry guys, cant make it on Monday.
I will be checking out all this info.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:52 PM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Tracks in the area: You know about Pocono and Lime Rock. Now you know about New Jersey Motorsports Park in Millville (2 tracks). Another in the area is Monticello Motor Club in Monticello, NY. Its a private club but there are some opportunities for us non-members to drive it. A couple more hours will get you to Summit Point Raceway in West Virginia (2 tracks) and of course Watkins Glen.

Most of these tracks run few if any of their own "Track Days". Rather, they rent the tracks to various organizations, which then stage events - races, open track, HPDE (high performance driving experience), time attacks, etc.

So, for the most part, to get on a track you need to go thru one of these organizations. There are many in the area. Your starting point is attending HPDE events. The format varies as does the naming but in general you can expect the following:
- These are often billed as Drivers Training schools.
- The "students" are normally broken into three groups according to experience: Novice, Intermediate, Advanced. The fourth group is Instructors.
- The day usually involves 4 on track sessions of ~20-30 minutes each with an instructor in the right seat (in Novice and some Intermediate) and 2-3 classroom sessions.

Some of the organizations offering HPDE events in the area at the above tracks:
- SCCA Regional Clubs
- NASA Regional Clubs (National Auto Sport Association)
- Regional Porsche, BMW, Corvette and Mazda Clubs (these are the most common car clubs and they usually allow other brands, except Porsche :-()
- Private/Commercial Organizations:
- TrackDaze . com
- The aforementioned TrackTime4cars . com
- carguys . com
- scda1 . com
- hookedondriving . com

There are many others, this is just a sample. There is no shortage of opportunities, the trick is finding them sometimes, but the more you hang out at tracks the more you will hear about them. Hope that help.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:46 PM
tmak26b
Burning Brakes

www.cartct.com

We are doinga track day at Shenandoah this weekend, 2 days for $325. I am leaving tomorrow
Old 10-30-2008, 08:51 PM
Steve L
Racer

www.pdadrivingschool.com
Old 10-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Cyclonite
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

www.emraracing.org

Poconos, lime rock, NJMP, and others. Last run of the year coming up at Summit Point, WV, about an hour west of DC.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:20 AM
argonaut
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by tmak26b
www.cartct.com
We are doinga track day at Shenandoah this weekend, 2 days for $325. I am leaving tomorrow
Are you combined with the Mazda Club? I'll be at Shenandoah Nov 1-2 with Mazda Drivers Association.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:26 AM
RUN4CVR
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by SuprChrgdC5
sorry guys, cant make it on Monday.
I will be checking out all this info.
My office is in Fairfield so you are very local. If you want to tag along to one or two of the events, we have 3 cars that make the local rounds of HPDE's.

There is one more before the end of the season for us which is the NJMP event on Monday.

Other than that we are probably into next spring for new events. PM me if you think its of interest.

Jason

Get notified of new replies

To In north NJ, new to scene, interested in track days!!

Quick Reply: In north NJ, new to scene, interested in track days!!