Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Difference in C5 LCA and C6 LCA?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 11:35 AM
payton
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difference in C5 LCA and C6 LCA?

It seems that when the C6 first came out I read some place that the C6 LCA was dimentionally the same as the C5 except it was a little longer.

Does anyone know if this is correct and how much longer?

The reason I am asking is I have a 69 Camaro running C5 front suspension. I am limited to 1.5 max on my camber setting and a longer arm would help this situation.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:59 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,927 Likes on 5,332 Posts

Originally Posted by payton
It seems that when the C6 first came out I read some place that the C6 LCA was dimentionally the same as the C5 except it was a little longer.

Does anyone know if this is correct and how much longer?

The reason I am asking is I have a 69 Camaro running C5 front suspension. I am limited to 1.5 max on my camber setting and a longer arm would help this situation.
If the C5 LCAs are mounted to the Camaro in the same relationship they are mounted on a C5 you should be able to get over -2 degrees of camber.

If I let caster stay where ever it falls when I adjust for max camber I can get -2.2 to -2.3 degrees on a C5.

Bill
Old 11-24-2008, 01:32 PM
payton
Advanced

Default They are mounted in the same position

and I am using the eccentrics on the bottom. I need to take it down the the alignment shop and crank them over and get a true reading.

I have friend running a 69 Camaro using C6 stuff. He can run as much as 3.5 of Camber with his set up. He had to go that much to get an even temp across his R888's at the track.

I have done a few auto crosses in my car and plan on a few HPDE this spring. I am trying to get the car set this winter. I know it seems strange I am posting here, but running C5 stuff up front, LS1/T56 and a car weight that is close. I figured this is the best spot for info.

Thanks for your help
Old 11-24-2008, 01:42 PM
Gordy M
Melting Slicks

Received 316 Likes on 271 Posts

If you used any shims in the Upper arms, you could remove them in pairs and gain more camber.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:51 PM
payton
Advanced

Default There are no shims in the UCA

It does however have pucs that I can raise or lower the positon of the UCA...which if I lower would increase my camber gain.

Stock C5 gain is .60 per 1 inch of travel?
Old 11-25-2008, 12:24 PM
coffey
Racer

What bushings do you run? The standard upper ca mount has the pin through the middle with no difference if you mount them with the pins rotated one way or another. You can get the poly bushings with the offset bars for more camber
Old 11-25-2008, 01:57 PM
payton
Advanced

Default I saw the poly bushings with the offset shaft

My experience with poly bushings is they bind and squeak. Are the ones offered now better?

Looked at the spherical busings as well but thought that they would be too harsh on the street. Do you know of anyone running these that could comment?
Old 11-25-2008, 02:37 PM
Jason
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7 Veteran

Poly bushings squeek a little. Spray them with WD40 if it bothers you.

Get notified of new replies

To Difference in C5 LCA and C6 LCA?

Quick Reply: Difference in C5 LCA and C6 LCA?