Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Look to LG Motorsports for your suspension needs.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 06:49 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Default Look to LG Motorsports for your suspension needs.

Hi guys,

Why to choose LG Motorsports for your suspension needs? Features that have been on LG Coil over packages from day one! No new revelations just the best from the start.

Look at what you are getting for you money, make a check list before you purchase.

1. Inverted design for lower un-sprung mass

2. Aluminum bodies

3. Made in the USA using Bilstein Shock bodies.

4. Stainless Mono ball attachment bearings with Teflon liners for very low friction loss

5. HyperCo Springs The best in the world and on LG Coil overs from day one.

6. Street Tested, and Pro Racing proven

7. Non-emulsion design with separate gas chamber

Compare and be satisfied only with the best. They say imitation is the best from of flattery, but these are features that we have been using for YEARS on our coil over shock systems. We would rather sell the best the first time rather than try to convince you that "Less is more" in the Shock world.

CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:

1. We have always used an inverted shock design for lower un-sprung weight, which Bilstein has given us that ability to use.

2. Bilstein uses the highest quality alum. bodies that are hard anodized for ultimate wear resistance. Bodies are machined to the closest tolerances by German engineering and processes. So not only real weight savings, but inverted from the beginning to save un-sprung weight.

3. Our HyperCo springs are made right here in the USA, all hardware mounting points are made here in house. Shocks are made in Germany EXCLUSIVELY for LG Motorsports by Bilstein just like Porsche, BMW, Mercedes Benz. All kits are assembled here in house and are built by special order for you-in house, by LG Motorsports!

4. We use only stainless steel mono ball mounts with Teflon liners make sure that you have the lowest frictional losses and the most precise attachments to your chassis. Other companies may try and use other mounting systems that increase friction at the mount, which effects shock performance, and wheel rate. This will change the over all feel of the car and change as they wear. The frictional losses are called "Hysteresis Loss", which robs performance from the shock because energy has to be spent to overcome the friction.

5. HyperCo springs are "Pre Stressed" and Blanchard ground top quality wire to insure that their installed height does not change. You will find these same springs in F1, NASCAR, and even at your local speedway. AGAIN, this is a feature that LG Motorsports coil overs have had for years.

6. Our Shock/Spring package was developed by Lou at LG Motorsports in conjunction with the highly skilled engineers from Bilstein. We at LG Motorsports have nurtured our racing contacts to be able to carry that technology into the street products that we build. Our products are tested on our own R&D Corvette's here at our shop along with our Pro Racing Corvette's that have taken many checkered flags over the years.

7. Bilstein uses a patented "floating dividing piston" that maintains constant pressure on the hydraulic oil, eliminating the possibility of oil foaming and performance loss. This is a innovation that is continuously used in all of Bilstein's shocks.

*Bilstein company file photo*

Our Pricing is less than 1/2 of a similar Moton or Penske package with equal performance as shown on the Race track. And our pricing is only slightly higher than the heavier steel coil overs. And for the street, we apologize for giving you more than you need. But at LG Motorsports we consider that "Value".
Old 12-03-2008, 07:17 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

What about us autocrossers? How much testing have you done for us guys? I've tried Penske's DBL, Triple and OEM shocks. All on VB&P springs. Would there be any benefit with your setup?

thanks,
Steve
Old 12-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Z06Fix
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainbiker2
What about us autocrossers? How much testing have you done for us guys? I've tried Penske's DBL, Triple and OEM shocks. All on VB&P springs. Would there be any benefit with your setup?

thanks,
Steve
Which setup did you like the best? Also what spring rates are your VBP's?
Old 12-05-2008, 10:37 AM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by mountainbiker2

thanks,
Steve
Guys,

I have not done any Autox testing, but I can tell you that if I did, I would start at the softest rates I could work with and use either T1 bars or less. Maybe just Z51 bars.

Our shock package would have to be revalved to match the springs, if you want to compete on a national level and be the fast guy.

Also, it depends on the track that they set up. If it has alot of esses and quick switch backs, then the bars would need to be the stiffer of your choices to get the quick turning response.

Again, I am not an Autox guy, so I am just guessing here. But if I am right, then the car needs stability under braking, with quick short turn in and good rear bite to come off the slow corners.

Having said that, We will have our own Adjustable Coil over coming out this year that will allow all of that.

We will have two versions. One lower priced set up and one high line shock set up for the very serious track guy.

Stay tuned.

I am not sure if any of this helped.

Thanks
Lou G
Old 12-05-2008, 01:33 PM
fatbillybob
Melting Slicks

Received 204 Likes on 160 Posts

Most guys for better or worse have lowered their cars at least some. Some people have slammed their cars and some people have lowered an inch on stock bolts which most agree is a reasonable place with stock geometry. Are your coilovers designed with a non-stock ride height and perhaps shock length in mind to prevent bottoming out the shock?
Old 12-06-2008, 04:38 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by LG Motorsports
Guys,

Having said that, We will have our own Adjustable Coil over coming out this year that will allow all of that.

We will have two versions. One lower priced set up and one high line shock set up for the very serious track guy.

Stay tuned.

I am not sure if any of this helped.

Thanks
Lou G
Thanks for being honest. I'll wait for your adjustable ones and make a decision then.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:52 PM
mountainbiker2
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Z06Fix
Which setup did you like the best? Also what spring rates are your VBP's?
My VB&P springs are 966 front. 750 rear. At this time I have 07 Z06 shocks on. The money you spend on Penske's is worth two sets of Hoosiers. Will Penske's make you any faster? Probably not for me. I played with the high/low speed compression *****. Never touch the rebound. Tried different nitrogen pressures. It's just to hard to tell if your improving your car or not. With the limited amount of laps with autocross I just couldn't tell. So I decided to go the cheapest route at this time. Just this year I did 24 autocross events. I've also had a assortment of swaybars. 35mm, 32, and 28.6 front bars. Z06 and Hotchkis rear bar. Different toe settings make a big difference too.

Steve
Old 12-07-2008, 02:04 AM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by fatbillybob
Most guys for better or worse have lowered their cars at least some. Some people have slammed their cars and some people have lowered an inch on stock bolts which most agree is a reasonable place with stock geometry. Are your coilovers designed with a non-stock ride height and perhaps shock length in mind to prevent bottoming out the shock?
Yes. We had custom shock lengths built to avoid this.

Thanks

Lou G
Old 12-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Leec4ce
Racer

How about us C4 folks?

I have a 1996 F45 package that needs to be upgraded I was thinking about a Penske coilover but when I read at "1/2 the cost of Penske" I have to ask if you have any coilover/Inverted Bilstein shock package that the C4 could use.

Thanks

Lee

Last edited by Leec4ce; 12-08-2008 at 09:09 AM.
Old 12-08-2008, 12:36 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Leec4ce
How about us C4 folks?

I have a 1996 F45 package that needs to be upgraded I was thinking about a Penske coilover but when I read at "1/2 the cost of Penske" I have to ask if you have any coilover/Inverted Bilstein shock package that the C4 could use.

Thanks

Lee
Lee,

We do not currently offer a coil over for the C4 Corvette's at this time.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:46 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Coil overs in action!

Old 12-11-2008, 09:31 AM
Lancer033
Le Mans Master

I'll chime in on the AutoX question from earlier. I've got poly bushings, LG Coilovers, T-1 Bars, and the heavy duty tie-rod ends from LG and had my car corner-weighting and alignment done by Phoenix Performance. Coming from an OEM C5 Z51 suspension to this was night and day. It handles so much better on the street that it's not even funny. There is a cloverleaf intersection up the street with a bump right at the end that used to always unsettle the rear end if i was going to fast, but the bilsteins keep everything under control. I'm sure it's perfect on a road course if i can ever get back out and try that. That said, i've got 3 autoX events under my belt and I'm definitely going to have to make a few changes before I go back out in the spring. First off, i'm going to try C6 Z51 sway bars instead of the T-1 bars. I'm hoping that will soften things up enough to get the car to bite a little more in sharp turns. If that's not enough, i my go back and try the softer springs, but i'm hoping that i won't have to. In and ideal world, i'll just keep the T-1 bars for track days and the C6 Z51 bars for autoX and probably street driving since it's pretty easy to swap those out.

...oh and for anyone looking to just lower your car...not a problem. When i first had them installed the car was so low that I actually smacked the frame on the ground when i his a bump driving up the PA for the alignment...not the most comfortable feeling when you're sitting in a race seat with no pads. I can't remember exactly how low it was, but the front air dam was less than an inch from the ground. It looked cool, but Phoenix had to raise my car up almost 2 inches to get the suspension geometry right.

Last edited by Lancer033; 12-11-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Old 12-11-2008, 12:19 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will second that LG coil-overs totally rock! I went from a stock C6Z suspension to LG's with T1 bars, but stock bushings and it's worked even better than my expecations which were very high. For track purposes, I could NEVER go back to leafs. You immediately notice each wheel working more independently of each other compared to the leafs. It is a strange feeling that is hard to explain. When your right tire hits a bump, the left side of the car doesn't react to it in any way. When you hit bumps with the leafs, it would unsettle the entire car just a little bit, especially on high speed corners. With the LG's, I can charge into corners with bumps and even though the spring rate is pretty stiff, it does not upset the car, which allows me to stay on the throttle, even in choppy conditions. Also, another area of big improvement (especially on the C6Z) is my ability to apply throttle coming out of a corner. With the leafs, you had to be very careful with all the power and trying to get it to the ground without going into oversteer. With the LG's, I can squeeze a MUCH heavier dose of throttle from the apex through track out. This is probably the single largest contributer to the improvement in the car. Even if other cars enter a corner at the same speed, I can now actually use a good portion of throttle from the mighty 427 to sling shot me ahead, whereas before, I had to feather the throttle until the car was in a strait line. Mid and rear engine cars, seemed to have an advantage here the vette did not. I can finally take advantage of the 427 that is under my hood...vs waiting until the road straitened out.

I have had 2 seasons with the car, one with leafs and one with LG coil-overs and it's basically like driving a different (better) car all around.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:55 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 95jersey
I will second that LG coil-overs totally rock! I went from a stock C6Z suspension to LG's with T1 bars, but stock bushings and it's worked even better than my expecations which were very high. For track purposes, I could NEVER go back to leafs. You immediately notice each wheel working more independently of each other compared to the leafs. It is a strange feeling that is hard to explain. When your right tire hits a bump, the left side of the car doesn't react to it in any way. When you hit bumps with the leafs, it would unsettle the entire car just a little bit, especially on high speed corners. With the LG's, I can charge into corners with bumps and even though the spring rate is pretty stiff, it does not upset the car, which allows me to stay on the throttle, even in choppy conditions. Also, another area of big improvement (especially on the C6Z) is my ability to apply throttle coming out of a corner. With the leafs, you had to be very careful with all the power and trying to get it to the ground without going into oversteer. With the LG's, I can squeeze a MUCH heavier dose of throttle from the apex through track out. This is probably the single largest contributer to the improvement in the car. Even if other cars enter a corner at the same speed, I can now actually use a good portion of throttle from the mighty 427 to sling shot me ahead, whereas before, I had to feather the throttle until the car was in a strait line. Mid and rear engine cars, seemed to have an advantage here the vette did not. I can finally take advantage of the 427 that is under my hood...vs waiting until the road straitened out.

I have had 2 seasons with the car, one with leafs and one with LG coil-overs and it's basically like driving a different (better) car all around.

Even have a couple pictures of your car as well!

Old 12-16-2008, 08:56 PM
Jim MacZ06
Advanced

I have the honor of driving the JMAC Racing/LG Motorsports Corvette Z06 equiped with all of the LG suspension goodies. I MEAN ALL. And Lou charged me $$$$for each one!!!!!

I also have the honor of driving the JMAC Racing Porsche GTS RS equiped with all of Porsches best suspension goodies.

THe Z06 is quicker and is as forgiving due to the LG suspension.

If you are an east coast racer and you are familiary with VIR you will understand this comparison.... I have not had anyone (This claim can be contested but those that run with me at VIR will choose not to) close on me in the JMAC/LG Z06 in the uphill esses or in the downhill rollercoaster thru "Hogpen." (Regardless of what they are racing.) Discussing the straights is a waste of time.....

The Z06 suspension components from LG are equal to or better than the Moton dampaning and full factory Porsche Racing suspension components I have on my GT3 RS.

I am sure my comments sound a little strong and for this I apologize, as I am not a gifted writer but, LG's suspension products are something special.

I have run a 2:00:06 at VIR with the LG suspension products and I am sure, that more gifted drivers than I, would have posted sub 2:00 laps. ( I am an old fat guy that is not very good but...the car is very fast.)

So ask Santa to bring you some of LG's suspention components and put them in your stocking.

I still believe in Santa by the way!!!!!!

JMAC

Get notified of new replies

To Look to LG Motorsports for your suspension needs.

Quick Reply: Look to LG Motorsports for your suspension needs.