Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new video and data acquisition system - race keeper

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 09:59 PM
TriOne
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You didn't present "facts" - you presented third-party info. Regardless, thrill ride system using off the shelf parts in 2006 is unrelated to motor sports product features in 2009. If there weren't failed ventures, then none of us would be able to celebrate successes.

As a loyal ChaseCam customer, I think it is natural that have something nice to say about ChaseCam. They've been around a while, that's why their forum is active. However, we believe that competition enhances a market - I would think that you'd be pleased to welcome a competitive product to the market, if only to encourage improvements to the the existing set of products.

If you can identify something that is relevant to the product features, we'd love to hear your comments.
Old 08-12-2009, 09:59 PM
TriOne
5th Gear

You didn't present "facts" - you presented third-party info. Regardless, thrill ride system using off the shelf parts in 2006 is unrelated to motor sports product features in 2009. If there weren't failed ventures, then none of us would be able to celebrate successes.

As a loyal ChaseCam customer, I think it is natural that you have something nice to say about ChaseCam. They've been around a while, that's why their forum is active. However, we believe that competition enhances a market - I would think that you'd be pleased to welcome a competitive product to the market, if only to encourage improvements to the the existing set of products.

If you can identify something that is relevant to the product features, we'd love to hear your comments.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:16 AM
TriOne
5th Gear

Default Going Forward

Hi, I manage Trivinci Systems, we produce the Race-Keeper system. Over the last couple of days, I responded to some remarks that made certain critical (and untrue) claims about our company. After reviewing the thread and receiving some kind advice from some members of this community, I recognize that some of my replies were too harsh and strongly worded. My apologies to the community; while trying to set the record straight, I took the attacks a bit too personally. Thanks, JB Haller
Old 08-13-2009, 09:28 AM
chopchop
Cruising

Default Wow, just wow.

Originally Posted by TriOne
Chopped Liver -

You're obviously either a former disgruntled employee or you're a ChaseCam plant. Either way, you pretend to speak authoritatively about which you know nothing.
Wrong on both counts. I am neither a "disgruntled" employee and I am certainly not a "plant". I offered my opinion based on my experiences with other systems and those who have interacted with yours. In my view, using someting like Chasecam would be a better option. I do not even own a Chasecam, as I use a Sony HD video cam (I wanted something that i could use at the lake). It is a small world, and people talk so I think I know more than you think.

"Bounced around" = our offices are located in Northern VA.
Extremelens>ExtremeX3>Racekeeper, and at least three locations. This group has been testing variuous products at Summit for some time. Tod date, other than testing, I have not seen your product used buy someone who actually bought one. If I do, and they have good things to say, I would have no problem repeating that information.

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=TriOne;1571117951Summit Pt - Name names, please. Otherwise, Jim Thill is our Summit Point test driver. He uses Race-Keeper and likes Race-Keeper. To the best of our knowledge, he uses Race-Keeper exclusively. But given your supposed knowledge of the Summit Point market, perhaps you can ask him directly, he's a top racer in the SSM series.[/QUOTE]

Jim Thill and his son were pitching a different system, a small unit with a screen on it. He presented that at several of the Miata driver's meetings, and I know they had purchased one or two systems. I agree, he and his son are some of the top races in SSM and are great people.

[QUOTE=TriOne;1571117951Atlantic guy - Name names, please. Hmm, you can't...why? Because we have had zero returns.[/QUOTE]

One of the Gt1 guys used to work with the crew for Hans Peter. He purchased, and returned a system. He is also a top SCCA driver, and occasionally runs the C2 class in the pro Atlantics races.

If and when I find someone who has more positive things to say about the system, I would be the first to post about it. I said in my first post that the F2 footage was awesome, so I'm not sure why you attacked me for offering my opinion.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:33 AM
chopchop
Cruising

Default It is all cool.

Hi, I manage Trivinci Systems, we produce the Race-Keeper system. Over the last couple of days, I responded to some remarks that made certain critical (and untrue) claims about our company. After reviewing the thread and receiving some kind advice from some members of this community, I recognize that some of my replies were too harsh and strongly worded. My apologies to the community; while trying to set the record straight, I took the attacks a bit too personally. Thanks, JB Haller
I just saw this after I posted, and I think you will find different people, have different opinions. You should not attack people for expressing their opinions and experiences. Then again, some of the brake/exhaust arguments were interesting as well.

Good luck with the system.

Quick Reply: new video and data acquisition system - race keeper