Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dirty bergmeister

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 07:39 PM
Dr.Ron
Le Mans Master

Location: 2007 Nat'l Corvette Challenge 11.50 index Champ. New Jersey
Received 210 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Varmit
The Vette never hit the wall.
I meant drove him to the wall....I fixed my post.

Originally Posted by Varmit
Yes, what was left of the Vette got second
Funny, but not really...

Also, in the video, some were saying the porsche was on the brakes to give the vette room before the vette lost control. Nonsense! If you look you can see the only reason the porsche hit the brakes was to try to not get wiped out by the slidding vette that was already out of control.

The porsche in turn 11 hits the brakes & then again harder, where if you watch Lou's video you can actually see the rear of the car rise. Right before the vette bumps him you can see the vette's nose dive from him braking hard to avoid the porsche possibly.
Then the porsche purposely bumps the vette while driving him towards the wall until the vette pulls off left unable to force the porsche back right. The porsche then moves FURTHER left as the vette is going by.
I feel the porsche moved even slightly further left tapping the vette causing the spin at the finish line.
This after watching the slow-mo video again...

Not saying the vette was 100% innocent either.

Ron

Last edited by Dr.Ron; 10-24-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:43 AM
Stifun
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry... but if the Corvette was really faster meaning Magnusson the Driver, then he should of Passed the Porsche 911 RSR on the final Corner IN A CLEAN way. But, after seeing the race at the end Magnusson did bump the Porsche in the back making Bergmeister lose composure and speed for the straight away.

This isn't NASCAR... you just don't hit someone or bump them to make them lose composure and overtake them.

Sorry, but this kind of racing by the Corvette team is simply ridiculous! If you do have the better car then overtake the car in front of you in a clean way. All that I see here is Magnusson bumping his way to finish first!

The Corvette deserves to finish 2nd in this case. I know if I got bumped in the back on the final corner I'm not letting the driver behind me overtake me after pulling a move like that.

Last edited by Stifun; 10-24-2009 at 03:49 AM.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:25 AM
Z06_BluByU
Race Director

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Stifun
I'm sorry... but if the Corvette was really faster meaning Magnusson the Driver, then he should of Passed the Porsche 911 RSR on the final Corner IN A CLEAN way. But, after seeing the race at the end Magnusson did bump the Porsche in the back making Bergmeister lose composure and speed for the straight away.

This isn't NASCAR... you just don't hit someone or bump them to make them lose composure and overtake them.

Sorry, but this kind of racing by the Corvette team is simply ridiculous! If you do have the better car then overtake the car in front of you in a clean way. All that I see here is Magnusson bumping his way to finish first!

The Corvette deserves to finish 2nd in this case. I know if I got bumped in the back on the final corner I'm not letting the driver behind me overtake me after pulling a move like that.

what are your thoughts on observations from spectators and jans account that jorge parked the flying lizard in the corner?!?!
Old 10-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Stifun
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are we still on the same topic? Because I quite frankly don't understand what you mean by your question.

I stand by what I mentioned earlier that the Porsche crew should remain victorious after watching the battle b/w both cars.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:32 PM
Z06_BluByU
Race Director

Are we still on the same topic? Because I quite frankly don't understand what you mean by your question.

I stand by what I mentioned earlier that the Porsche crew should remain victorious after watching the battle b/w both cars.
What I'm asking is what do YOU think about the numerous spectator accounts (and Jan Magnussons account of the events) that Bergmiester intentionally 'Parked the car" (i.e. brake check) in the corner to through off Jan's momentum contributing to the bump in T11?
Old 10-24-2009, 01:33 PM
Z06_BluByU
Race Director

I know if I got bumped in the back on the final corner I'm not letting the driver behind me overtake me after pulling a move like that.
even if you caused the bump (or contributed ot it)?
Old 11-14-2009, 11:43 AM
ScaryFast
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm late to the party but I finally watched the end of my recorded race.

To all of you who think you know definitively what happened and what should have happened because you, too, drive a race car, consider this: Racing's a little different when next year's contract is on the line and someone else writes the checks to fix the car.

Personally, I have to pay to race and to fix my car. If I were being pushed toward the wall, I would have lifted. And therefore I would have lost.

Last edited by ScaryFast; 11-14-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:02 PM
rmackintosh
Pro

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ScaryFast
I'm late to the party but I finally watched the end of my recorded race.

To all of you who think you know definitively what happened and what should have happened because you, too, drive a race car, consider this: Racing's a little different when next year's contract is on the line and someone else writes the checks to fix the car.

Personally, I have to pay to race and to fix my car. If I were being pushed toward the wall, I would have lifted. And therefore I would have lost.
I doubt you would have lifted.....most race car drivers, amateur or not do not lift when they have the lead.....the car that took you out was 2/3's behind you, and you likely had no idea he was jockeying you into the wall

Quick Reply: Dirty bergmeister