Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driving Barber Motorsports Park

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 08:55 PM
BERETTA
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts

Default Driving Barber Motorsports Park

Going to Barber this weekend to run my C5ZO6, Audi Group is putting on an event there. What is your experiences there? How is it handling the elevation changes? From the videos I have watched it looks like maybe a 3rd and 4th gear track? Thanks for any input!
Old 10-28-2009, 11:10 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

Keep in mind a few things such as one is able to apex a little earlier and track out better after the straight than you might think at first. Use plenty of landscape markers for turn in points and tracking as there are a few blind turns. One can also turn into the corkscrew earlier....don't take a late apex from the left so much.... Some wide track in places that really isn't needed. I wish I had time to send you a video but an instructor should be able to put you on line quickly. It is a lot more technical than Putnam but you will like it! Did you find out about the T1 vette yet?
Old 10-28-2009, 11:12 AM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

mostly 3rd gear. 4th only a little

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/auto...y-driving.html
Old 10-28-2009, 03:31 PM
flycastinguy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Of all the places I've been so far, Barber is at the top of my list. Not terribly fast, but very technical and a lot of fun. Beware T-12, the tunnel turn. It bit me a couple of weeks ago ... an early apex resulted in grass where pavement should have been on track out. Everything comes at you pretty fast. There's really nowhere to "take a break." Just pay close attention and you'll have a ball.

Bob
Old 10-28-2009, 06:12 PM
ZO6NTHEWIND
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Dennis

I wish I could be there! We're on our way to California.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:21 PM
BERETTA
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by southern_son
Keep in mind a few things such as one is able to apex a little earlier and track out better after the straight than you might think at first. Use plenty of landscape markers for turn in points and tracking as there are a few blind turns. One can also turn into the corkscrew earlier....don't take a late apex from the left so much.... Some wide track in places that really isn't needed. I wish I had time to send you a video but an instructor should be able to put you on line quickly. It is a lot more technical than Putnam but you will like it! Did you find out about the T1 vette yet?
Thanks for the tips! Sounds like you been around that track a few times. No I haven't called about the T1 car yet, I will give him a call tomorrow, I really am interested in seeing the car....
Old 10-28-2009, 08:31 PM
BERETTA
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Thanks, maybe going over those elevation changes want make the car too light! From the pictures and videos I have seen it sure looks like a really nice track....
Old 10-28-2009, 08:37 PM
BERETTA
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by flycastinguy
Of all the places I've been so far, Barber is at the top of my list. Not terribly fast, but very technical and a lot of fun. Beware T-12, the tunnel turn. It bit me a couple of weeks ago ... an early apex resulted in grass where pavement should have been on track out. Everything comes at you pretty fast. There's really nowhere to "take a break." Just pay close attention and you'll have a ball.

Bob
Thats good info to have, I been looking at the track layout, and I see what you are saying. It looks like you can carry pretty good speed through 11, which would make the entry to 12 fast. Thanks for the tips!
Old 10-28-2009, 08:41 PM
BERETTA
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ZO6NTHEWIND
Dennis

I wish I could be there! We're on our way to California.
Turn that truck around and head to Alabama!
The wife and I sure wish yall good join us...
Old 10-28-2009, 09:53 PM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BERETTA
Turn that truck around and head to Alabama!
The wife and I sure wish yall good join us...
Have fun, barber is a fun track you can learn it in a few sessions. It is not a fast track 115 or so max speed.

Tim
Old 11-03-2009, 12:57 PM
kwhiteside
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Barber is a blast. Here's a few in car laps if you want to feel the track a bit.

http://www.vimeo.com/7216543
Old 11-05-2009, 12:05 AM
BERETTA
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Default I experienced Barber!

Well I got to tell yall I am still on cloud nine!
For those of you that play golf or have watched Golf on TV, I would have to say that Barber would be to the Race world what the Masters and Augusta, Georgia is to Golf. It is such a high quality facility, everything about it is first class! The track is not real fast in the straights, but it is very challenging and technical. I am still on street tires, for next year I am going to race rubber. Thanks for all the input from everyone. Heres a little video I put together if your bored!

http://vimeo.com/7438469
Old 11-05-2009, 06:00 PM
The Panther
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice video. Hopefully I can make it all the way to the track next time. It looks like a very cool place.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:15 PM
BERETTA
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by pharma-c6
Nice video. Hopefully I can make it all the way to the track next time. It looks like a very cool place.
Thank you, I am sorry about your accident, you will get it fixed as good as new and be back in no time! I will be back to Barber for sure I really enjoyed the track and the whole facility...

Get notified of new replies

To Driving Barber Motorsports Park

Quick Reply: Driving Barber Motorsports Park