Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello from Advanced Composite Products (ACP)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 01:55 AM
baloga41
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sent an email with, did not get a replay.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:37 AM
0ACProducts
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by M3MOTORSPORTS
Kerry Hitt, Holy Crap, I thought you were an urban legend! I tried to get you for a very long time, and wanted that Z11 body kit,but went another way when I couldn't get to you. But I do still want that CF Magna-Extractor Hood!! Welcome aboard
I'm really sorry that we didn't connect! Not from the viewpoint of not getting the Z11 bodywork sale but because I do want to be available to our customers. Since I established the new address kerry@acproducts.us I have heard from quite a few people that I never answered their inquiries on the other address.
I can only say "thank you" to those of you who have contacted us again!

We will be glad to make your carbon fiber Magna extractor hood.

Thanks again for getting back to me!
Kerry
Old 11-07-2009, 09:45 AM
ajg1915
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Here's another ACP Shop done car.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:55 AM
0ACProducts
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by baloga41
sent an email with, did not get a replay.
Did you send it to kerry@acproducts.us ?
If you did I must have somehow missed it. If I did I'm sorry! Would you please send it again?
You could also PM me.
Thanks,
Kerry
Old 11-07-2009, 11:07 AM
GettReal
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Kerry, is this your front splitter/overlay? Aaron?? If so, which one is it and whats the cost? Thanks

Steve

Old 11-07-2009, 11:29 AM
2002rich
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GettReal
Kerry, is this your front splitter/overlay? Aaron?? If so, which one is it and whats the cost? Thanks

Steve

Old 11-07-2009, 11:59 AM
flycastinguy
Racer

Steve

Hood too ??? Looking forward to photos on the new website.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:39 PM
gkmccready
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seeing too many posts about unreturned emails so I just wanted to say that Kerry has ALWAYS managed to respond to my emails and even send a whole bunch of photos of parts that I was interested in. I ended up deciding to finish up my other project before starting a new one, but I'm certain I'll be back to it eventually...
Old 11-07-2009, 04:50 PM
0ACProducts
Former Vendor

Steve

Hi Steve,
No that isn't our hood. We have one similar to that but we have louvers that help with both cooling and downforce. We call it our extractor hood. If you need more room the Magnaextractor hood has louvers for downforce and cooling and enough room for a Magnason supercharger.

Yes that is our 2 inch overlay splitter.
It works well and can be adapted to our tunneled undertray.
The cost is $433.00

Just want to point out a couple of things. First, the splitter works well and I can attest to 152MPH. Second for better performance it can be used with our Laguna tunneled undertray. If you use it with the undertray you will need to make provisions for air to get to your radiator. I will be glad to go over that if you call me.

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Kerry
Old 11-07-2009, 04:52 PM
0ACProducts
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ajg1915
Here's another ACP Shop done car.

Your car looks great Tony!
Let me know when you are ready to do that other work that we talked about.
We can do it anytime.
Thanks,
Kerry
Old 11-07-2009, 04:56 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

anyone considering the ACP splitter should seriously consider the ACP under-tray
Old 11-07-2009, 05:01 PM
0ACProducts
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by gkmccready
Seeing too many posts about unreturned emails so I just wanted to say that Kerry has ALWAYS managed to respond to my emails and even send a whole bunch of photos of parts that I was interested in. I ended up deciding to finish up my other project before starting a new one, but I'm certain I'll be back to it eventually...
Thanks Glen,
Sometimes things get a little crazy. When I answer a question I do want to take the time to explain it to my best ability.

I know that a lot of customers depend on getting the correct information in order to make an intelligent decision. The last thing I want to do is to rush a reply and make a mistake. I have always done my best to give good information and if I didn't know the answer use the contacts that I have made throughout the years, who know far more than I could ever hope to, and get the right answer.

Thanks again, I do appreciate the support!

Kerry
Old 11-07-2009, 05:09 PM
0ACProducts
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by John Shiels
anyone considering the ACP splitter should seriously consider the ACP under-tray
Hi John,
You are right you will definately get more bang for the buck.
If you are serious about tracking the car. It is more money and work to do that but in the long run it will make a difference.
It is amazing how you can recall deciding not to get the best you can while skidding toward an imovable object

I just hate when that happens!!

Thanks for the input!

Kerry
Old 11-08-2009, 06:43 PM
GettReal
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ACProducts
Hi Steve,
No that isn't our hood. We have one similar to that but we have louvers that help with both cooling and downforce. We call it our extractor hood. If you need more room the Magnaextractor hood has louvers for downforce and cooling and enough room for a Magnason supercharger.

Yes that is our 2 inch overlay splitter.
It works well and can be adapted to our tunneled undertray.
The cost is $433.00

Just want to point out a couple of things. First, the splitter works well and I can attest to 152MPH. Second for better performance it can be used with our Laguna tunneled undertray. If you use it with the undertray you will need to make provisions for air to get to your radiator. I will be glad to go over that if you call me.

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Kerry
how much is the tunneled undertray to go with this splitter and what air provisions need to work, if you can respond here it will help all the other guys following this thread, does this splitter mean the car becomes a front breather instead of a bottom breather? , thanks Kerry. Also, do you "NEED" a rear wing with this splitter

Last edited by GettReal; 11-08-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:44 PM
2002rich
Burning Brakes

how much is the tunneled undertray to go with this splitter and what air provisions need to work, if you can respond here it will help all the other guys following this thread, does this splitter mean the car becomes a front breather instead of a bottom breather? , thanks Kerry. Also, do you "NEED" a rear wing with this splitter
Old 11-08-2009, 11:13 PM
gbvette62
Race Director

Received 2,018 Likes on 1,309 Posts

Hi Kerry, it's good to see you here.

I doubt you remember me, the last time I saw you was at Corvette Carlisle years ago. I use to crew for Jerry Kuhn back in the 80's, when you and Jerry were both racing in the Trans-Am series (and an occasional GT-1 race). If I remember right, weren't you running a white C4 body mounted on a 68-82 frame with transverse monoleaf springs front and rear back then or something like that? I'll have to look around, I think I have some slides of you with that car back then at Summit and/or Lime Rock, and post them here for all to see.

Welcome to the forum.

Glenn
Old 11-10-2009, 07:00 PM
0ACProducts
Former Vendor

HI Steve,
I saw this right after you posted it and tried responding from my blackberry and after about an hour of pecking the keys I tried to submit it and lost the whole thing.

The cost of the overlay splitter is $433.00 and the undertray is presently listed at $973.00....that is the easy part.

Here is the rest of the answer....

The overlay splitter was made to give both the looks and aero performance without having to change the front fascia. We did it after we did the first aero mods for GM.

When this aero package was designed, ACP worked with Ken Brown from GM racing. We designed it using the first generation set of rules for the C5 that were set by SCCA World Challenge. That rule, at that time was that the leading edge of the splitter may not be further forward than the leading most edge of the stock front fascia.

To answer your question straight out, you can use this splitter along with the tunneled undertray and it will work.

You are correct in that it will become a bottom breather and you will have to do some additional work to make that work too. I'll cover that later here in the post.

So far it it isn't too complicated however here are some issues that you will need to address.

When we built the front fascia to go with the aero package, Ken Brown did some calculations and determined that if you have more than 475 flywheel horsepower the air inlet opening under the license plate in the stock fascia would be too marginal to properly cool the engine.

He had us open it up to let in more air. Additionally, the brake duct openings were made about 30% larger to accomodate brake cooling.
Finally we added a wickerbill to the front edge of the front wheel opening that would cause the air to speed up across the wheel well opening and cause a negative pressure in the opening that would extract air from under the car. Those are the aero changes that we made to the fascia that we build.

We originally built these as a one piece fascia and the splitter was an intrigal part of the whole piece. This was good for us and not so good for our customers because many times when the car would go off course, it would take the splitter and half the nose with it.

SCCA then in their infinate wisdom made a rule change that was infact a good one for the Corvette. They allowed the spoiler to extend two inches beyond the most forward leading edge of the front fascia.

We had to build a new mold and while doing so decided that we would make the spoiler and the fascia in two pieces so if there was an off course excurson, there would not be so much damage. Good for us because SCCA later changed the rule again and allowed a four inch spoiler for a short while and then took it back to two inches. That is where is stayed.

I told you all of that to tell you this....

If you have more than 475 flywheel horsepower and you want to use the stock front fascia, you will have to enlarge the front opening under the license plate. I would also highly recommend that you enlarge the brake duct openings to help cool your brakes. You can add a wickerbill to the front wheel well opening without too much trouble.

If any of you would like to run this configuration, please give me a call and I will be glad to give you some dimensions and go over how I would suggest to do it. It will save you some money but it will take a little more labor to make it work. ACP can even supply you with a framework around the air inlet opening to make the modification a bit easier.

The upside to doing this is that you will retain your urethane front fascia which is more street/track friendly.
You will not however get the full effect of having the front splitter two (or four if you choose) inches forward of the fascia. It will however be much more noticably better than stock.

Finally, THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE PROCESS! for both configurations. The tunneled undertray will block off the bottom breathing capabilities of your car. You must be sure that the ductwork from the air inlet at the front of the fascia under the license plate is in place in such a mannor that all of the air must pass through the radiator. there can not be even an eighth of an inch gap in the seams. it must be totally sealed or your car will overheat. Again please feel free to call me if any of you want to make the modifications. I will be glad to walk you through it.

I think that about covers things. If I missed something and there are still questions please email me at kerry@acproducts.us.

Thanks,
Kerry

Get notified of new replies

To Hello from Advanced Composite Products (ACP)

Old 11-10-2009, 07:15 PM
0ACProducts
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by gbvette62
Hi Kerry, it's good to see you here.

I doubt you remember me, the last time I saw you was at Corvette Carlisle years ago. I use to crew for Jerry Kuhn back in the 80's, when you and Jerry were both racing in the Trans-Am series (and an occasional GT-1 race). If I remember right, weren't you running a white C4 body mounted on a 68-82 frame with transverse monoleaf springs front and rear back then or something like that? I'll have to look around, I think I have some slides of you with that car back then at Summit and/or Lime Rock, and post them here for all to see.

Welcome to the forum.

Glenn
Hi Glen!

WOW! that's longer ago than I'd ever want to admit I remember Jerry's Camaro!
You are right about the car I drove. Those springs made alot of people scratch their heads....they worked pretty well I have to thank my friend George Smolen from Flex-A-Form for all the work he did to make them.
How's everyone doing?
We all sure had fun in the good old days!
Thanks for the shout out, I am so deeply honored that so many people have taken the time to say Hi!
I would love to get coppies of those slides too.
Give me a call when you get a chance (800-832-8624) or email me at kerry@acproducts.us we'll talk about the good ole times!
Thanks!
Take care,
Kerry
Old 11-11-2009, 03:00 PM
Woods
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here you go Kerry. ACP front spoiler/splitter overlay with undertray completed...Front Breather opened up about 4 inches. You must properly duct to get the cooling it needs. I'm over 500RWHP and now runs "thanks to Wasserott's" help about 190 degrees coolant.

Kerry we need a rear diffuser for the C5's!!!

Last edited by Woods; 11-11-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:05 PM
spazegun2213
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Woods
Here you go Kerry. ACP front spoiler/splitter overlay with undertray completed...Front Breather opened up about 4 inches. You must properly duct to get the cooling it needs. I'm over 500RWHP and now run "thanks to Wasserott's" help about 190 degrees coolant.

Kerry we need a rear diffuser for the C5's!!!

Good lord mike, thats just HOT!

Quick Reply: Hello from Advanced Composite Products (ACP)