Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello from Advanced Composite Products (ACP)

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 04:07 PM
0ACProducts
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hello from Advanced Composite Products (ACP)

Hello, my name is Kerry Hitt, I am President of Advanced Composite Products Inc. Many of you on the Corvette Forum know us as ACP.

We build Corvette Hoods, wide body kits and functional aerodynamic bodywork for World Challenge, Grand Am, Trans Am, SCCA GT1 and Track cars. Our parts have been largely developed from lessons learned on the race track and in the GM wind tunnel. We at ACP are performance oriented!

For those who are and have been valued customers, I want to personally thank you for your patronage and loyalty! For those of you who do not know us, I would like to take this opportunity to say hello and ask you to take a look at our website www.acproducts.us you can also access us at www.corvetteracebodies.com . We are in the process of upgrading to our new website which will host a list of our new products and will hopefully be easier to navigate.

Also, I have been made aware that many of you on the forum have tried to contact us through our contact email on the website and have not been getting an answer. There has apparently been some kind of a glitch with that email address. For that I do apologize and to correct it I have established an email address for Corvette forum members only. The new direct address is kerry@acproducts.us

We here ACP are proud to be a part of the Corvette Forum family as a sponsoring vendor and would ask that you consider giving us the opportunity to be of service to you. In return, as an introductory offer, we will be giving free shipping for any bodywork ordered through the Corvette Forum, to anywhere in the continental United States through the end of November of 2009.

Please feel free to email me kerry@acproducts.us or to call me at 800-832-8624 if you have any questions or comments.

We at ACP look forward to meeting your composite bodywork needs here on the Corvette Forum.

Thank you!
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteBrent (12-16-2020)
Old 10-29-2009, 04:51 PM
GettReal
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Kerry, you have a long list of World Challenge parts for c5's but do you have pictures of the individual parts? There are a lot of items for front bumpers, splitters, overlays, extended, detachable. but Im not sure what they all are. Thanks

Steve
Old 10-29-2009, 05:18 PM
flycastinguy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GettReal
Kerry, you have a long list of World Challenge parts for c5's but do you have pictures of the individual parts? There are a lot of items for front bumpers, splitters, overlays, extended, detachable. but Im not sure what they all are. Thanks

Steve

Kerry, It's great to see your post. As someone who is relatively new to this game, your name and parts are almost "legend" in the Corvette world, but I've been told you're a hard man to get in touch with and it's hard to get parts from ACP. Again, good to see your interaction here.

Congrats on the new website! I agree with Steve ... quality photos of the product line would be a big help when trying to decide what to do body-wise down the road.

Bob
Old 10-29-2009, 05:23 PM
Zenak
Terminal Vette Addict
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by flycastinguy

quality photos of the product line would be a big help when trying to decide what to do body-wise down the road.

Bob

Not jsut picture of the "finished parts" but the raw parts from both the front visable side and the back sides are great! I want to know what im getting into on installs.

Its also a great idea to post a .pdf file of the installs as well.

Too often I get a part aftermarket and the install isntructions suck when i get them. its always nice to know what your getting yourself into before you start. Plan time, tools, other parts.. do i need fiberglass and resin, etc etc...

Old 10-29-2009, 05:25 PM
RAFTRACER
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the board Kerry....My teammate and I have a lot of your stuff......works well !!
Old 10-29-2009, 05:30 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Steve
Lets see:

Overlay splitter:

I did open the radiator air intake to 5"

Rear Facia - 1" spoiler molded in

rear fenders with 3/4" flair

Last edited by AU N EGL; 10-29-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:32 PM
Knucklehead Racing
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kerry is the best! There is no one out there who is better. I have been dealing with Kerry for some 9 years and there is really no one better. His parts are impeccable and he will make whatever you need.

I have used him for my SPEED WC Vette, and all my vintage vettes and race cars. Never a problem. Can't say enough good things about him.

Talk to you soon Kerry!
-Phil Di Pippo
Old 10-29-2009, 06:16 PM
1fastdog
Burning Brakes

I couldn't be happier to see you here Kerry!

For the readers, Kerry and I have been friends for some time. His stuff works and he's a racer himself.

If my experience is any indicator, his pieces work, they have been in the wind tunnel, and the results are REAL!

800-832-8624. Call him and he'll get back with you.

I work for a car maker and I can tell you I do my best to stay on top of my e-mails. Even so, I am fortunately busy and travel to keep everything going.

Use the phone. It's worth it.

A wise person once told me that "It's more fun to WIN!"

I couldn't agree more.

Last edited by 1fastdog; 10-29-2009 at 06:18 PM.
CorvetteBrent (10-15-2020)
Old 10-29-2009, 06:20 PM
0ACProducts
Former Vendor

Steve
Hi Steve,
We are in the process of completely re-doing our website and will hopefully have your questions addressed in the new one. You are right that it is a bit confusing on the existing site so on the new one we are going to have each part with pictures and a short description of how it will help the performance of your car. Our plans are to also have instructions and where necessary a short video instruction.
In the meantime please feel free to email me at kerry@acproducts.us or call me at 800-832-8624 I will be more than happy to try to answer your questions.
Thanks for responding.
Kerry
Old 10-29-2009, 06:34 PM
Everett Ogilvie
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ACProducts
In the meantime please feel free to email me at kerry@acproducts.us or call me at 800-832-8624 I will be more than happy to try to answer your questions.
Thanks for responding.
Kerry
Email sent.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:38 PM
0ACProducts
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Knucklehead Racing
Kerry is the best! There is no one out there who is better. I have been dealing with Kerry for some 9 years and there is really no one better. His parts are impeccable and he will make whatever you need.

I have used him for my SPEED WC Vette, and all my vintage vettes and race cars. Never a problem. Can't say enough good things about him.

Talk to you soon Kerry!
-Phil Di Pippo
Hi Phil,
Thanks for the kind words.
When we talk I'll bring you up to speed on the Grand Sport that we are building with front spring pockets and correct suspension. It will be correct for SVRA and HSR.
Take care,
Kerry
Old 10-29-2009, 06:43 PM
0ACProducts
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Lets see:

Overlay splitter:

I did open the radiator air intake to 5"

Rear Facia - 1" spoiler molded in

rear fenders with 3/4" flair

Your car looks great, I would guess that the opening to 5" helped the cooling.
Thanks for the comparison photos too!
Kerry
Old 10-29-2009, 06:52 PM
0ACProducts
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Zenak

Not jsut picture of the "finished parts" but the raw parts from both the front visable side and the back sides are great! I want to know what im getting into on installs.

Its also a great idea to post a .pdf file of the installs as well.

Too often I get a part aftermarket and the install isntructions suck when i get them. its always nice to know what your getting yourself into before you start. Plan time, tools, other parts.. do i need fiberglass and resin, etc etc...

Thanks for the suggestions!
I am painfully aware of the aggrivation of parts not fitting properly.
Since we also do installs we are very particular for our fit and finish.
We at ACP are both performance and quality driven.
I had never thought of pictures of the inside of the parts but I will look at doing that and putting it on the website. In the meantime I will be more than happy to send pictures of any of our parts inside and outside to anyone who would like them.
Once again thank you for your suggestions. We want to do whatever we can to give good customer service.
Kerry

Last edited by ACProducts; 10-29-2009 at 08:13 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-29-2009, 06:56 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Kerry I don't really care about your parts and crap but I really need to know how Bear is and want a picture posted here of him!

Welcome to the forum now I won't have to plug ACP on the sly.

When you did my car one thing pissed me off when I left your shop your said the Glen was down the road After hitting fog and rain it was quite a journey I arrived at 4am!

Kerry put my car together and painted it and did a great job!

Last edited by John Shiels; 10-29-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:04 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Your car looks great, I would guess that the opening to 5" helped the cooling.
Thanks for the comparison photos too!
Kerry
Yes. You mentioned long time ago the WC noses had a 5" opening.

Once I enlarged the opening from 3" to 5" temps dropped significant.

I do have 1/4" x 1/4" wire in the opening to keep large things out
CorvetteBrent (10-15-2020)
Old 10-29-2009, 09:38 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a complete C6 WC body, wing, under tray, etc.... I am putting on my 02 Z06 race car, been a very long time in progress, going to love it when done

I went mostly with FG instead of CF to save a significant sum of money and Kerry had no problem filling my request to do so. A few bits are in CF due to strength to weight ratio, just part of the side skirts and the whole under tray.

Great to see you here!
Rick
Old 10-29-2009, 09:44 PM
0ACProducts
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by RAAMaudio
I have a complete C6 WC body, wing, under tray, etc.... I am putting on my 02 Z06 race car, been a very long time in progress, going to love it when done

I went mostly with FG instead of CF to save a significant sum of money and Kerry had no problem filling my request to do so. A few bits are in CF due to strength to weight ratio, just part of the side skirts and the whole under tray.

Great to see you here!
Rick
Hi Rick,
Please send us some pictures when you are finished with it.
Be safe and have fun!!!!
Kerry

Get notified of new replies

To Hello from Advanced Composite Products (ACP)

Old 10-29-2009, 10:00 PM
0ACProducts
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by John Shiels
Kerry I don't really care about your parts and crap but I really need to know how Bear is and want a picture posted here of him!

Welcome to the forum now I won't have to plug ACP on the sly.

When you did my car one thing pissed me off when I left your shop your said the Glen was down the road After hitting fog and rain it was quite a journey I arrived at 4am!

Kerry put my car together and painted it and did a great job!
HI John,
It's been a while!

First the important things!....I am sad to have to tell you that we lost Bear on June 24 th. Jeanne was going to post a picture with a halo but we were having so much computer trouble that it didn't get done. We will! Give me a call and I'll fill you in on the whole story.

I do want to thank you for all of your support all of these years. I should have done this a long time ago.

PS, sorry about the long trip to the Glen, it really is only about three hours without rain and fog!....the upside is you got there safe and had some good fun.

Take care,
Kerry
Old 10-29-2009, 10:42 PM
Woods
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome Kerry.

Love the splitter and undertray

Old 10-29-2009, 11:02 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hello, my name is Kerry Hitt, I am President of Advanced Composite Products Inc. Many of you on the Corvette Forum know us as ACP.
Welcome Kerry!

Here's a recent shot of some of your assembled parts from this past weekend of garage partner (and forum member) snitz with his wide-body C5 and Brian Kubinski's WCGT car.

Mike

Quick Reply: Hello from Advanced Composite Products (ACP)