Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hello from Advanced Composite Products (ACP)

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 11:13 PM
snitz
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, that car looks familiar.

I'm a big fan of Kerry's work. He's was a huge help putting my track car together. I'd recommend his products to anyone.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:13 AM
kentz06
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Kerry!

His vented hood works great (and I like the looks)! The fit is very good.

Dean
Old 10-30-2009, 12:14 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

So sad to hear about Bear my condolences Talk to you soon.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:14 AM
db2xpert
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Kerry is the best!! It's rare to find people that stand behind their products and work the way Kerry does.

I have ACP parts on both my C5 track and C6 road cars, and keep going back for more.

ACP has parts for both street and race cars.

Joel
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteBrent (10-15-2020)
Old 10-30-2009, 01:23 AM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

Dear ACP:

I currently race in SCCA T1 with my C5.

I also want to race in NASA ST2.

Switching a rear wing on and off the car to match the two different rules sets is not a big deal.

I want to run a splitter on the front, but I don't really want a headache or any modifications that hurt my GCR compliance in SCCA T1. What do you recommend I do, if anything is possible, to run a splitter that is easily removed and installs without irreversible modifications?

Fastest regards,

Oli

Old 10-30-2009, 05:45 AM
Coldmale
Racer

Kerry

I am John from Bahrain in the Persian Gulf

Do you ship international?

If so, and I am an old hand, new to this game, I will need some support in finnishing my '07-z06 track car

I will email seperately with details

John
Old 10-30-2009, 07:45 AM
Mjolitor 68
Race Director

Received 253 Likes on 155 Posts

Hey Kerry, I love my hood, it works great and looks awesome

I tested it at 172mph at the Miami Mile with no issues

I've been thinking of a new project, sort of a test bed car.

Since I already have my Katech Z06, a 68 roadster, & 2 race Vettes I'm thinking of doing 1 the opposite way and going for a high mpg Vette w a full carbon body to drop weight

I was thinking of finding a crashed C6 Z for the aluminum frame, throw on a cf body, race seats, and an LS3 engine. I know Z06 guys will go crazy but I think if a stock C6 LS3 makes 30 mph Hwy this could make close to 40mpg Hwy

Thats something for Govt Motors to think about
Old 10-30-2009, 12:47 PM
1fastdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Olitho
Dear ACP:

Switching a rear wing on and off the car to match the two different rules sets is not a big deal.

I want to run a splitter on the front, but I don't really want a headache or any modifications that hurt my GCR compliance in SCCA T1. What do you recommend I do, if anything is possible, to run a splitter that is easily removed and installs without irreversible modifications?

Fastest regards,

Oli

I'm confident Kerry will reply. As a suggestion, I'd bet something such as some Dzus flush mount fasteners would make swapping a front splitter possible, especially if it was a front fascia underchin style "cap" piece.

Kerry is good at reading rule books, and it might speed the process if there is an online source to compare the two tech specs.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:07 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by ACProducts
Hi Phil,
Thanks for the kind words.
When we talk I'll bring you up to speed on the Grand Sport that we are building with front spring pockets and correct suspension. It will be correct for SVRA and HSR.
Take care,
Kerry
how about bringing us up to speed on the vintage racer you helped Jerry Thompson with?? the #1 below is the car he, Tony and the Owens-Corning crew built for Tony`s pal Curt Wetzel (ask Jerry).....
Old 10-31-2009, 10:34 AM
J.R.
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Kerry,

Just to let you know the front splitter facia overlay fit was perfect and installation was a piece of cake, o.k. almost a piece of cake, but definitely easy.

I am definitely interested in some additional purchases, especially with your free shipping through the end of November.

Will you have have the new website done by then so I can view pictures of your products so I do not have to call and ask a dozen unintelligent questions?

Thanks,

J.R.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:24 AM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I am great at taking tons of high res pics, most turn out very well, not so great at ever doing much with them I have to admit. I think I will have to hire some help as need to post things up for business promotions, etc, and writing off all I do with my cars

I can hardly wait to get to the track next year in my C6Z bodied C5Z(I have decided to keep the stock wheel base and move the engine back, have to reread some rules on this but as I recall it being OK for the intended use of the car)

My business colors are silver, red and black so the car will be that, base will be Machine Silver like our 06 Vert, some rather large areas of a stock Vette metallic red and then some black and opposite color decals probably all in our standard business font. I want a very pretty race car

Rick
Old 11-01-2009, 09:01 AM
0ACProducts
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by snitz
Hey, that car looks familiar.

I'm a big fan of Kerry's work. He's was a huge help putting my track car together. I'd recommend his products to anyone.
Thanks for the nice words but at the end of the day it was you who did a great job of putting it together!!!!!
Old 11-01-2009, 09:06 AM
0ACProducts
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Olitho
Dear ACP:

Fastest regards,

Oli

Hi Oli,
Fast dog is right on the money! We do have a front overlay splitter that will help with downforce. It can be put on with Dzuz fasteners.
If you give me a call at 800-832-8624 or email me at kerry@acproducts with your phone number and a good time to call I think that I can discuss it better with you. I have a couple of customers that run their cars in different venues.
I look forward to talking with you.
Kerry
Old 11-01-2009, 09:11 AM
0ACProducts
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Coldmale
Kerry

I am John from Bahrain in the Persian Gulf

Do you ship international?

If so, and I am an old hand, new to this game, I will need some support in finnishing my '07-z06 track car

I will email seperately with details

John
Hi John,
We do ship internationally! I would be glad to work with you.
If you email me at kerry@acproducts.us I will be more than happy to give you some suggestions. We learned alot from the GM wind tunnel and we funnel that knowledge into our race bodies and our track car bodywork.
I look forward to talking with you.
Kerry
Old 11-01-2009, 09:22 AM
0ACProducts
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by J.R.
Kerry,

Just to let you know the front splitter facia overlay fit was perfect and installation was a piece of cake, o.k. almost a piece of cake, but definitely easy.

I am definitely interested in some additional purchases, especially with your free shipping through the end of November.

Will you have have the new website done by then so I can view pictures of your products so I do not have to call and ask a dozen unintelligent questions?

Thanks,

J.R.
Hi JR,
We are working to get the new website up as soon as possible but in the meantime please feel free to call and discuss your plan.
As the old saying goes...there is no such thing as unintelligent questions....there are just unintelligent mistakes!
I am more than happy to talk about race cars!!! it is at the top of my list in my daily activities!!!!
I look forward to hearing from you.
Kerry
Old 11-01-2009, 09:37 AM
0ACProducts
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by RAAMaudio
I am great at taking tons of high res pics, most turn out very well, not so great at ever doing much with them I have to admit. I think I will have to hire some help as need to post things up for business promotions, etc, and writing off all I do with my cars

I can hardly wait to get to the track next year in my C6Z bodied C5Z(I have decided to keep the stock wheel base and move the engine back, have to reread some rules on this but as I recall it being OK for the intended use of the car)

My business colors are silver, red and black so the car will be that, base will be Machine Silver like our 06 Vert, some rather large areas of a stock Vette metallic red and then some black and opposite color decals probably all in our standard business font. I want a very pretty race car

Rick
Hi Rick,
Writing off the costs is a very smart way to do it. Motorsports is a very powerful way of marketing your wares....ask Roger Penske!

As for the pictures, I would love to see them. We are starting a customer photo gallery on our new website if you send some pictures to me I would really like to put them on the site.

If you would like, you can give me a call and I would be more than happy to walk you through getting your pictures posted. Before long you'll be an old hand at it! 800-832-8624

Thanks,
Kerry
Old 11-01-2009, 10:06 AM
0ACProducts
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by redvetracr
how about bringing us up to speed on the vintage racer you helped Jerry Thompson with?? the #1 below is the car he, Tony and the Owens-Corning crew built for Tony`s pal Curt Wetzel (ask Jerry).....
We took the car to the Corvette Museum for Jerry and Tony's induction into the Hall of Fame in September and put it on display. The Museum then moved it into the racing display where it is now proudly showing off. I plan to go down and pick it up sometime in mid November and Jerry and I are hoping to take it to Sebring in December.

Business commitments have been holding our program back somewhat but I look forward to running most of the seaon with Jerry next year.

There was talk at the Hall of fame induction between Jerry, Tony and I of running one or more endurance races with the car. You know that I really had to twist their arms....yea right!!! about a nano second! It will be great fun and such an honor to do that with those guys.

The good thing about the car is that although it was built mostly by Jerry, it is just a replica. So if something would happen to it we can fix it and race it again...just like in the old days. We won't be taking a chance of losing a piece of history.

It has been great fun and has started us at ACP toward building more period correct race cars like the Grand Sport and soon to be the Greenwood Corvette reproduction. I used to own the Leman's Corvette but that's a story for another day.

Thanks for asking.
Race well and be safe!
Kerry

Get notified of new replies

To Hello from Advanced Composite Products (ACP)

Old 11-01-2009, 10:23 AM
0ACProducts
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mjolitor 68
Hey Kerry, I love my hood, it works great and looks awesome

I tested it at 172mph at the Miami Mile with no issues

I've been thinking of a new project, sort of a test bed car.

Since I already have my Katech Z06, a 68 roadster, & 2 race Vettes I'm thinking of doing 1 the opposite way and going for a high mpg Vette w a full carbon body to drop weight

I was thinking of finding a crashed C6 Z for the aluminum frame, throw on a cf body, race seats, and an LS3 engine. I know Z06 guys will go crazy but I think if a stock C6 LS3 makes 30 mph Hwy this could make close to 40mpg Hwy

Thats something for Govt Motors to think about
I'm glad to hear that you are happy with the hood! At 172 mph I am sure you noticed the "lack of lift" when compared to the stock hood.
As for the project vet, you are on the right track looking for weight reduction. The carbon fiber bodywork will greatly reduce the overall weight.

Since we are on that kind of subject I guess the timing is right to let it be known that we are working with another company to build an electric powered Corvette. The "Electro Vette" kind of has a ring to it doesn't it? I'll be posting more information on that later.
If you would like you can give a call 800-832-8642 or email me at kerry@acproducts.us and we can talk more about it.
As for your project...how about a hybrid?
Take Care
Kerry
Old 11-01-2009, 11:03 AM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by ACProducts

The good thing about the car is that although it was built mostly by Jerry, it is just a replica. So if something would happen to it we can fix it and race it again...just like in the old days. We won't be taking a chance of losing a piece of history.

Unfortunately for me neither Tony or Jerry ever drove my little piece of Corvette racing history so instead of it being the third of three Owens-Corning race cars it`s the third of three O-C "built" race cars....btw, it`s for sale if you know anyone interested in owning a little piece of Owens-Corning Corvette racing history and going 2:25.0 at Road America, available at a fraction of the $610K the `68 O-C "parts car" sold for. Here it is in 1971 racing in Germany with it`s Randy Wittene applied blue/white and purple psychedelic paint.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:24 PM
0ACProducts
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by kentz06
Hi Kerry!

His vented hood works great (and I like the looks)! The fit is very good.

Dean
Hi Dean,
Thanks for the support.
Your car looks great!!!!
Kerry

Quick Reply: Hello from Advanced Composite Products (ACP)