Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forza III - Impressive

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 04:55 PM
mikahb
Vetteless
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09
Default Forza III - Impressive

So, my wonderful wife got me an XBox 360 for my birthday. Now I have a great way to waste all the time I do not have! She knew that the only game I needed was Forza III, and got that too.

I raced a C5 Z06 at Road Atlanta and was AMAZED - the track really looks and feels like Road Atlanta! Not kinda like it, not close, but REALLY like it.

Anybody else play it and have any other tracks to compare real life to the game? I would say that at this level of detail - you could easily get a pretty good feel for a track on the game console before you visited it in real life. I wouldn't have said that before based on the last game/console I owned (XBox and Forza I).
Old 11-01-2009, 05:06 PM
Falcon
Le Mans Master

Received 54 Likes on 23 Posts

Mikah, does Xbox allow pedals and steering wheel to be attached?
Old 11-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Timz06
Safety Car

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Falcon
Mikah, does Xbox allow pedals and steering wheel to be attached?
Yep
Old 11-01-2009, 05:30 PM
WBHighwind
Burning Brakes

I gave up all my racing games for xbox when I built my sim pod for iracing but a buddy that I gave all my stuff to for his xbox is going to get it. Ive seen some screens and it looks amazing. If its any improvement over Forza 2, then it should be awesome. I just cant justify paying a monthly service for iracing, which has all those tracks and play forza 3 too. I reserve my xbox for shooters. Im waiting for COD: Modern Warfare 2 to come out.
Old 11-01-2009, 05:50 PM
L98Terror
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

I owe all my Race Craft to Forza
Old 11-01-2009, 05:57 PM
wallyman424
Melting Slicks

i love forza. this new one is even better. I just wish they had VIR and mid O on there.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:34 PM
tjZ06
Melting Slicks

I'm not a video game guy at all, in fact the last system I owned was a Super Nintendo. But I played Forza II a bit with one of my Track Day buddies. He just picked up Forza III yesterday and we spent a while playing it in career mode, alternating races. We got his profile to Level 20, and built some pretty awesome cars. Really fun, awesome game and almost has me motivated to buy a 360. I also wish Forza had more real US tracks. I'd love to see Infineon and THill on there, since those are the tracks I personally run the most, at least Laguna is on there, and as mentioned above Mid O, VIR and others would be great too.

I love that I can build an accurate version of my car as well (Electron Blue '02 Z06). Right now in Forza III I "only" have it at 445hp since I wanted to keep it at A600. My real car has about 440 rear wheel hp. In Forza II I had my C5Z everywhere from stock to ~900hp. Anyway, if my real car was as easy to break loose and difficult to put down power as the Forza car (which, like I said, is setup w/ less hp) I'd probably give up tracking. And I use the full-race tires on my C5Zs in Forza, 710s in real life.

-TJ

Last edited by tjZ06; 11-01-2009 at 06:39 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:47 PM
TedDBere
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What's the difference between II and III. I enjoy II so should I upgrade for my B-day coming up?
Old 11-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,751 Likes on 941 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

I bought a PS3 last year for playing blu rays and for Gran Turismo 5 (if it ever come out). I played a buddies Forza 3 and its pretty sweet. I want to get it cause Im sick of waiting for GT5 to come out but I cant justify buying a whole new council just for one game.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:57 PM
USAsOnlyWay
Le Mans Master

Kubs, at least you get a shifter and clutch pedal with the Logitech wheel.

Though I did see in the demo for FM3 that it has support for the use of a clutch...so maybe something is coming...
Old 11-01-2009, 10:00 PM
Kubs
Le Mans Master

Received 1,751 Likes on 941 Posts
2023 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by USAsOnlyWay
Kubs, at least you get a shifter and clutch pedal with the Logitech wheel.

Though I did see in the demo for FM3 that it has support for the use of a clutch...so maybe something is coming...
Im too cheap to buy one. I just use the controller.

When I played my friends there were two options for manual. Just manual or manual + clutch. When using the controller the clutch is another button. My fingers get too busy doing that way.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:00 PM
USAsOnlyWay
Le Mans Master

Yeah, you gotta have the wheel for sure. I sure would like to practice my heel-toe braking in a car that is a reset button from fixing.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:07 PM
mikahb
Vetteless
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09

I've never used a wheel/pedal combo that I liked - but maybe I'm just finicky that way. I never played Forza II so I can't speak to how different it is. I can say that visually, it's stunning! It is lacking in some of the great US tracks, unfortunately - maybe some sort of exclusivity with another console? I dunno.

Anyway, anybody who plays games at all (I'm far from a gamer) should check it out - might be just the thing to keep your appetite whetted this winter.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:10 AM
Z06_BluByU
Race Director

Received 39 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mikahb
I've never used a wheel/pedal combo that I liked - but maybe I'm just finicky that way. I never played Forza II so I can't speak to how different it is. I can say that visually, it's stunning! It is lacking in some of the great US tracks, unfortunately - maybe some sort of exclusivity with another console? I dunno.

Anyway, anybody who plays games at all (I'm far from a gamer) should check it out - might be just the thing to keep your appetite whetted this winter.
forza 3 is a pretty good improvement over forza II.. the rwd and awd cars handling is a bit more realistic.. it seems like the camber settings are more in line with what they should be.. forza II seemed very conservative on the settings and teh cars always handled like they were on ice.... not so much in F3..

we have a Corvetteforum racing group getting started.. check out this thread in OT to sign up.. lots of good info on the game also!

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/off-...za-3-a-10.html

love to have more racers!
Old 11-02-2009, 04:38 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

I'm a big Forza fan but am spoiled by iRacing and the Logitec G25. I'm going to go buy FM3 but really need to get that new Fanatec wheel.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:58 PM
CDN_Wolf_eh
Le Mans Master

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Enjoying Forza 3 so far ... some good improvements to the tracks ... I just wish they had all the ALMS tracks, especially Mosport!

Last few years, the Canadian Section of the Corvette Forum has challenged the Porsche guys from the Canadian Section of the Rennlist ... We generally race on Sunday mornings ... so if you're interested ... check out this thread ... http://forums.corvetteforum.com/cana...s-porsche.html

Mark

Last edited by CDN_Wolf_eh; 11-02-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:53 AM
Racer-38
Racer

Interesting article about Forza in Autoweek. Talks about what went into making this game so real.

Get notified of new replies

To Forza III - Impressive

Old 11-04-2009, 09:38 AM
mikahb
Vetteless
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09

Man I'd love to play online. Unfortunately, 1040 msec average latency from my POS satellite internet makes that impossible.

I shall remain a legend in my own house and my own mind.

Bob - I'll check out that article. I may see you at the AARC - not sure yet.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:55 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,103 Likes on 717 Posts

Mikah, having played Forza 2 before my first trip to Road Atlanta, I have to agree with you about knowing the track before ever getting there! I even knew some of the landmarks from playing the game! I will get that Forza 3 this week.....
Old 11-06-2009, 10:37 PM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm hardly a gamer but I've enjoyed playing my kids Project Gotham 4 (I think) racing game. I saw an ad for Forza III and thought it looked great. You convinced me...I'll go get it this weekend.

Quick Reply: Forza III - Impressive