Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NCM Motorsports Parks - Revised Track Layout - Check it Out !!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 12:32 AM
0NCM Road Course
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NCM Motorsports Park - Revised Track Layout - Check it Out !!

Hey Guys -

The NCM is continuing to work hard on the planned motorsports park at the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green.

Corvette Racing is now on board and helping us with track design.

A major development, we have added back a drag strip to the master plan. It may not get built in the first phase, but at least we have it in the plans.

We now have almost 500 acres of land owned or on option to purchase.

Check out the new plans at:

http://www.motorsportspark.org/tracks.shtml

Stay tuned for new developments.

Last edited by NCM Road Course; 12-10-2009 at 12:47 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 12-10-2009, 07:56 AM
KBlanke
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very Cool!
Old 12-10-2009, 09:30 AM
Pumba
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 102 Likes on 56 Posts

Congratulations on working to put a good Road Race track and Drag Strip at the Museum site.

I would like to suggest that some changes to the road course, that in my opinion would make it very unique and more challenging to drive:

First, I would like to see the two tracks connected by the red crossover lanes shown above. This feature would require an overpass for one leg of the X. By doing so, you would make the racers turn left as much as they turn right. It would make it more challenging to setup the cars and to drive them on a circuit that goes both clockwise and counterclockwise.

Second, I wonder why you are using more of the property for the track where I have enlarged the southwest curve?

Good luck and I hope you will seriously consider these suggestions.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:50 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,101 Likes on 715 Posts

Originally Posted by NCM Road Course
Hey Guys -

Corvette Racing is now on board and helping us with track design.

http://www.motorsportspark.org/tracks.shtml

Stay tuned for new developments.

Great! The boys at Corvette Racing will prove invaluable, I'm sure. Of course, the NCM staff has waded fairly deeply into those roadcourse challenges the last few years, also!!

So....2 years? 3 years? huh? huh? are we there, yet, are we there yet??

Old 12-10-2009, 07:15 PM
NVR2L8
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Second, I wonder why you are using more of the property for the track where I have enlarged the southwest curve?

Good luck and I hope you will seriously consider these suggestions.[/QUOTE]

The acreage you refer to in the southwest curve is road frontage, and it has been set aside for potential commerical development.

Regarding the connection of the two tracks, the idea is very creative, and will be passed along for consideration. However, the tracks would almost always be run as a 2 mile and a 3 mile circuit, and only very rarely run as a continuous course. A 5 mile track just takes too long to load and unload run groups (for HPDE events), and 27 turns would take a pretty long learning process.

Time frame estimated at 2 yrs (best case), 3 yrs. probably more realistic.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Pumba
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 102 Likes on 56 Posts

Regarding the connection of the two tracks, the idea is very creative, and will be passed along for consideration.

However, the tracks would almost always be run as a 2 mile and a 3 mile circuit, and only very rarely run as a continuous course. A 5 mile track just takes too long to load and unload run groups (for HPDE events), and 27 turns would take a pretty long learning process.

Time frame estimated at 2 yrs (best case), 3 yrs. probably more realistic.

The connection between the two tracks is intended to be used only for professional races, such as an ALMS race.

It is intended to make this track the longest or one of the longest in the U.S. A track where endurance races can be held. A track that is challenging for both the drivers and the endurance capability of the cars.

Thanks for passing the idea along.

Get notified of new replies

To NCM Motorsports Parks - Revised Track Layout - Check it Out !!

Quick Reply: NCM Motorsports Parks - Revised Track Layout - Check it Out !!