Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pfadt Tow Hook Question

Old 12-19-2009, 02:21 PM
Z06Tracker
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Pfadt Tow Hook Question

Do you have to remove the front and rear facia to install these?

Thanks
Old 12-19-2009, 03:37 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

I can't tell you about the Phadt hooks...but I recently installed the Phoenix front and rear hooks on my C6 widebody. I did not have to remove the rear facia...but, I did have to remove the front. I would imagine that the Phadt hooks would be similar. Have you looked at their web site to see if the have installation instructions?

Charley
Old 12-19-2009, 03:49 PM
mdk
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 9 Posts

you have to remove the front facia only.
rear tow hook bolts into existing threaded inserts for muffler hanger. I would weld it also. One off track excursion into sand I think it would rip right out when they pulled you out.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:19 PM
JDIllon
Melting Slicks

Received 294 Likes on 76 Posts

Taking the front off the car is no big deal, less than an hour. There is a thread that explains the whole thing. And the bolt on rear is very strong as long as they pull as straight as possible. See some of my past threads on the hooks. Or get in touch if I can help. JD

Last edited by JDIllon; 12-20-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:49 AM
TmillerC5
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Rear is easy as stated above.
I put the front on and did not have to remove the front fascia. Took a couple hours but it's on. PFADT has good directions the biggest problem I had was drilling the 33/64ths hole they want for the riv-nut into the frame. Ever try to find a 33/64' drill bit Finally just used a 1/2" and SLOWLY reamed it out with a dremel and a coned shaped grinder attachment. Just make sure you mount it close to the front of the frame so it will stick out far eneough, ask me why I know that
Good luck
Tim
Old 12-20-2009, 08:42 AM
SouthernSon
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,101 Likes on 715 Posts

After installing mine, I saw a fellow's car that had the hinged part retained by a removable bolt. This is a nice touch since one can remove the eyelet part for street and put it back on for track. You will have to drill the barrel a little bit larger but it will be worth it. As a matter of fact, I am going to remove the facias on both ends of the car and redo mine since I like it so much better.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Z06Tracker
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for all the responses. Will order either the Pfadt or Phoenix Performance ones tomorrow.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:01 PM
Charley Hoyt
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06Tracker
Thanks for all the responses. Will order either the Pfadt or Phoenix Performance ones tomorrow.

I used the Phoenix removable front and I really like it. I only install it for track days. The rear is not removable but it barely shows.

Charley

Get notified of new replies

To Pfadt Tow Hook Question

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pfadt Tow Hook Question