Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Measurements for Big Brake Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 04:44 AM
tstar
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Default Measurements for Big Brake Kit

Does anyone have measurements of the Brakes/Hub area???? I am trying to get a Big Brake kit made and they need a ton of measurements of the Rotors, Hub and Uprights...

I tried taking them once and it seems I'm Caliper challenged, I kept getting different readings on each attempt... If anyone has taken measurements it would sure help!

Thanks!
Old 01-05-2010, 01:11 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tstar
Does anyone have measurements of the Brakes/Hub area???? I am trying to get a Big Brake kit made and they need a ton of measurements of the Rotors, Hub and Uprights...

I tried taking them once and it seems I'm Caliper challenged, I kept getting different readings on each attempt... If anyone has taken measurements it would sure help!

Thanks!
No clue who is making it but I would lay the responsiblity on them because if it doesn't fit then what? Second option is buy from a manufacturer who has a kit and a template drawing of their caliper you can fit into your rim.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:14 PM
AU N EGL
Team Owner

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by tstar

Thanks!
Tim

if the company does not know what size fits a vette, maybe that is a sign to NOT use them.

Who are you using?
Old 01-05-2010, 07:31 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 709 Likes on 490 Posts

Download stoptechs template. Unless they have changed it , it shows the oem calipers/rotor/hub in good detail
Old 01-06-2010, 05:19 AM
tstar
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15

Originally Posted by John Shiels
No clue who is making it but I would lay the responsiblity on them because if it doesn't fit then what? Second option is buy from a manufacturer who has a kit and a template drawing of their caliper you can fit into your rim.
Thanx for the replies guys! I'll check to see if I can decypher any info from StopTech's templates!

Tim

Get notified of new replies

To Measurements for Big Brake Kit

Quick Reply: Measurements for Big Brake Kit