Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Robin Hood Rally

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 09:24 AM
ZR1 MK
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Robin Hood Rally

Got an ad in the mail on this.

Heavy entry fee, so you need considerable funds and plenty of free time to particpate in all the events.

Anyone know or heard about this event?

http://robinhoodrally.com/Home_Page.html
Old 01-06-2010, 11:30 AM
Git Er Dun
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was just a thread in the road racing section about it not too long ago. Looks interesting and should have some nice cars hopefully.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:56 PM
ZR1 MK
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Git Er Dun
There was just a thread in the road racing section about it not too long ago. Looks interesting and should have some nice cars hopefully.
I dont read and see every post. I did a search and found the previous post.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:40 PM
Git Er Dun
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I know nobody reads everything. I wasn't trying to be disrespectfull, just trying to point it out so we didn't get another thread going plus there was a decent amount of replies in the other thread. Sorry if it came off as disrespect.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:11 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I did see on TV some reality shows are a scam for money and never happen. I would think twice about sending 5 grand unless I thought the event was credible.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:50 AM
ZR1 MK
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Git Er Dun
Yeah I know nobody reads everything. I wasn't trying to be disrespectfull, just trying to point it out so we didn't get another thread going plus there was a decent amount of replies in the other thread. Sorry if it came off as disrespect.
No disrespect from you. I write direct, no fluff factor. Thanks for the heads up.

Originally Posted by John Shiels
I did see on TV some reality shows are a scam for money and never happen. I would think twice about sending 5 grand unless I thought the event was credible.
I was thinking the same thing as I never heard of this event and was curious. 5K is considerable money to lose.
Old 01-07-2010, 01:18 PM
66IISS
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was curious and very interested, so I emailed them concerning the rules. My main issue is that they are only worried about power to weight, and set the "index" accordingly. I could go out there with a crappy honda with a kagillion horsepower and have to compete in the top class, even though the car wont handle nearly as well as some of the cars that they're going to get. Furthermore, anyone on slicks is going to win, weather permitting. It seems like it's an all out, run what you brung kind of race, which is fine for those with cubic dollars. Those of us with well prepared cars are going to lose to those with huge tire budgets, etc. Here's the email I got in response:

My questions / comments are in bold.

Originally Posted by Robin Hood Rally
Brad:

Could you get more specific on the rules of the competition, especially regarding the suspension and tires?

You are welcome to “trick” you suspension or tires as you like without a penalty.

I'm very interested in participating, but I would not be willing to if my vehicle will be competing against much better prepared cars with the power to weight ratio being the determining factor of where my car would end up.

All of the cars that have entered the Rally so far are effectively street legal vehicles with minor modifications. If you are planning to run a Corvette you will be in good company.

While power to weight is important, an equal driver driving a car with better tires and better suspension will win every time, even if his power to weight is higher than another car.

Agreed, that is why there is no penalty for these modifications and the emphasis of our Rally and TV show is driver skill.

If I could gain some further insight on what can and can't be done to the cars, I'd be much more likely to enter my Corvette into the rally.

I am available for a call on Thursday at 9AM to discuss and answer any additional questions, please confirm and I will send you our conference bridge.

Thanks for your interest in the Rally and Happy New Year!

Stephan Condodemetraky
Executive Producer
The Robin Hood Rally
V (603) 434-8218
F (603) 434-8755
scondo@robinhoodrally.com
www.robinhoodrally.com
Old 01-08-2010, 11:30 AM
ZR1 MK
Melting Slicks

I still dont see how they can compare power to weight ratio vs car classification vs best time fairly.

The logistcis will be a major hurdle.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:34 PM
66IISS
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ZR1,

That was my biggest complaint. There's absolutely no way it could ever be a "driver's race" when there are NO RULES in place. Basically, Short Throw's "Beast" could have the same "index value" or whatever they're going to call it, as a relatively stock car with horsepower increases to get it to the same power to weight. This "Rally" is begging for someone with an incredibly prepared car with great tires to come in and clean house.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:27 PM
ZR1 MK
Melting Slicks

Ill look forward to watching the show regardless and I hope its a Corvette that "cleans house".

Get notified of new replies

To Robin Hood Rally

Quick Reply: Robin Hood Rally