Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone install GT3 seats in C6 Z06 ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 05:42 PM
A-Z
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Anyone install GT3 seats in C6 Z06 ??

I have a pair of 996 Euro GT3 seats (pics attached) on Porsche factory sliders, which came out of my Cayman S. The seats fit me well (and are paid for), so I'd like to install them in my Z.

I'd like to install the seats on sliders, either the factory power sliders, the Porsche manual sliders, or an aftermarket manual slider.

So, I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has done such an install and knowing what type of slider and mounting hardware was used. (I did a search and found one install performed by fullmonty, but the post provides no details of the mount or slider -- followup email/PM not returned to date.)

Thanks, Andy
Attached Images   
Old 02-12-2010, 07:41 PM
froggy47
Race Director

Received 194 Likes on 164 Posts

Those seats deserve better than the GM factory power seat tracks IMO.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:03 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 709 Likes on 490 Posts

there is a very big chance that the Porsche sliders will not line up with the GM floor reinforcements, and not even be close. The rest of the floor is wood/composite, so it is vital that you bolt them solid.

Take some measurements and if they will work, I'd certainly give it a try. Use what you've got I'd say!
Old 02-12-2010, 08:51 PM
rad_vet
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The C5 sliders are wider and longer than the Porsche slider. Also, the C5 mounting studs are recessed and flat bottom sliders, like on a Porsche, will not work. You may be able to mount your side mount plates to C5 manual sliders.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:00 PM
GOTHAM VETTE
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those seat really suck I'll take them off your hands for $50 and that's being really generous.......LOL

Take a look at the Carvaggio website, they make a seat that is a thinly veiled Porsche seat, I'd be willing to bet that their hardware will allow you to bolt your seats into your car. If not them have a look at Arizen's website.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:23 PM
longdaddy
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a seat that came from a gt3 cup car (recaro Hans) I believe my installer used pfadt brackets/slider. The mount is not as rigid as I would have preferred but that's a price of mounting a racing seat on sliders, I guess
Old 02-13-2010, 03:32 PM
A-Z
Instructor

Originally Posted by GOTHAM VETTE
Take a look at the Carvaggio website, they make a seat that is a thinly veiled Porsche seat, I'd be willing to bet that their hardware will allow you to bolt your seats into your car. If not them have a look at Arizen's website.
I believe the Caravaggio GT Race seats are either knock-offs of or reskinned Recaro GT3 seats, so, yes, I believe they can be mounted to the OEM power sliders.

What I don't know is what hardware is necessary. Specifically, whether the Porsche side brackets will mount directly to the OEM slider or whether Caravaggio has developed a side bracket to adapt this seat to the factory slider. I will inquire of Craig Caravaggio.

Andy
Old 02-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Joy of 6
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Andy,

Welcome aboard the forum. Remember that Doug has a welder and most every tool known to man so we might be able to build something for you like he did for my Ultrashield seat.

Ed
Old 02-14-2010, 09:17 AM
A-Z
Instructor

Originally Posted by Joy of 6
Andy,

Welcome aboard the forum. Remember that Doug has a welder and most every tool known to man so we might be able to build something for you like he did for my Ultrashield seat.

Ed
Thanks, Ed. Sounds like I need a tour of Doug's shop.

Andy

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone install GT3 seats in C6 Z06 ??

Quick Reply: Anyone install GT3 seats in C6 Z06 ??