Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BMW,Ferrari, and Porsche's bad dream

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 03:50 PM
0FORGED DST
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default BMW,Ferrari, and Porsche's bad dream

It surprises me that no one has posted these pictures yet.

This is the 2010 ALMS factory GT2 Corvette by P&M. This car is all new for 2010. The season begins next month at the Sebring 12HRS. here in Florida.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:58 PM
stevensa
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

So awesome!
Old 02-16-2010, 03:59 PM
BrianCunningham
Team Owner

Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

Old 02-16-2010, 04:43 PM
Lawdogg
Safety Car

Received 210 Likes on 91 Posts

Is this car different than the C6R GT2 entry I saw at Road America last August?
Old 02-16-2010, 04:52 PM
0FORGED DST
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Lawdogg
Is this car different than the C6R GT2 entry I saw at Road America last August?
Yes, that was a 2009 interim version with a destroked LS7....6.0 litres and heavily restricted below to less than 500 HP. Basically a learning process to begin the full effort this year in the new GT2 class.

This is the 2010 entry built to the new rules, with the next gen smallblock engine...... 5.5 litre brand new with direct FI. Engines built by GM powertrain....

The paint job is similar......but different. There are many differences from last years GT2 car and a ton of differences from the former GT1 cars. Rules differences are on the ALMS website and the Corvette Racing website. I LOVE these cars !!

Last edited by FORGED DST; 02-16-2010 at 04:56 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:27 PM
TLGunman
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go Risi!!

(sorry, vette guys)
Old 02-16-2010, 08:02 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 709 Likes on 490 Posts

in other words, new engine, new paint job, same car.

Since everyone in this part of the forum is a racer themselves, we don't dwell on the Pros too much unless they participate in our discussion (ie LG, myself once upon a time, etc).
Old 02-16-2010, 09:09 PM
0Louis @ LG Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last year wasnt a destroked LS7. It was unobtanium that will never exist to see a street car. Trust me. We tried to buy it, and they said even if it was available, you couldnt afford it

If you understood how GM treats their brethren, you might change how you see them.

Im glad to say that I crew chief'ed/assembled the one corvette that out qualified them at Petit
Old 02-16-2010, 10:07 PM
jhester
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Same car as 2009 with a new motor, this time with legal direct injection! Thanks ACO for keeping GT2 affordable and GT1 aimed at the sports car factory efforts...oh wait. Why don't we just give them carbon brakes, a larger diffuser, and subtract one from the class name?

Originally Posted by Louis @ LG Motorsports
Im glad to say that I crew chief'ed/assembled the one corvette that out qualified them at Petit
You also ran the only Corvette with an all-American driver line-up.

Just sayin'
Old 02-16-2010, 10:32 PM
RUN4CVR
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 29 Posts

here is the official Corvette racing site:

http://www.corvetteracing.com/

Last edited by RUN4CVR; 02-16-2010 at 10:33 PM. Reason: answered my own question
Old 02-17-2010, 12:21 AM
grantar2
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Louis @ LG Motorsports
Last year wasnt a destroked LS7. It was unobtanium that will never exist to see a street car. Trust me. We tried to buy it, and they said even if it was available, you couldnt afford it

If you understood how GM treats their brethren, you might change how you see them.

Louis, will LG Motorsports be contesting in ALMS this year? Will the team be at Long Beach?
Old 02-17-2010, 04:40 AM
Lancer033
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FORGED DST
It surprises me that no one has posted these pictures yet.
getting really hard to support GM these days, even if the car looks cool.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:50 AM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by grantar2
Louis, will LG Motorsports be contesting in ALMS this year? Will the team be at Long Beach?
I do not think so they are going to Grand Am for what I have read. I am sure LG crew chief will be back to answer.

As for worst nightmare time will tell car looks good with new paint. Hope for some good racing. GM never supports racers like Porsche which is stupid. They could make money selling parts and providing knowledge with more cars on track and a better chance to win.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:23 AM
OKsweetrides
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by John Shiels
GM never supports racers like Porsche which is stupid. They could make money selling parts and providing knowledge with more cars on track and a better chance to win.
Surely you can't expect such great offerings out of the automaker that axed their own "Excitement" brand.

It'd be nice to see racing derived parts, but the groupthink they have tells me it just won't happen

With the Obama admin having 70% stake in GM, the only racing they'd allow is number of poorly executed green energy cars.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:08 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by OKsweetrides
Surely you can't expect such great offerings out of the automaker that axed their own "Excitement" brand.

It'd be nice to see racing derived parts, but the groupthink they have tells me it just won't happen

With the Obama admin having 70% stake in GM, the only racing they'd allow is number of poorly executed green energy cars.
Green energy is the wave of the future! For example, note that all three "Green" Zamboni machines at this year's Olympics were down (inoperative) at the same time. That's what we have to look forward to.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:18 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by John Shiels
I do not think so they are going to Grand Am for what I have read. I am sure LG crew chief will be back to answer.

As for worst nightmare time will tell car looks good with new paint. Hope for some good racing. GM never supports racers like Porsche which is stupid. They could make money selling parts and providing knowledge with more cars on track and a better chance to win.
Hi Guys,

No ALMS ever again. Michelin refused over and over again to sell my team their tires. They told me that Michelin needed cars to beat so they won't sell to all of the teams that want to buy Michelins. Then they told me that GM wanted to develop the tires for their cars without any data from another Corvette. So no Michelins for LGM. That is un-American.

So we have moved to the GRAND AM Rolex GT class using Pirelli tires on all cars. We are building our Corvettes (2 eventually) and we will be out racing starting at Homestead.

We actually have a factory driver, Kelly Collins as one driver and Eric Lux as the other. This pairing will be a force to be reckoned with.

The second car is still under construction and as soon as we get the sponsors for it, I will be driving it along with the driver that we sign.

No one firm yet though.

Check out the Grand-am web site for the schedule. We race, Homestead, Lime Rock, twice at the Glen, Mid ohio, VIR, Birmingham, Montreal, and daytona again.

See you at the races.

Lou Gigliotti

Old 02-17-2010, 12:21 PM
0FORGED DST
Former Vendor

I'll support ANY Corvette or Camaro that participates in a professional series....no politics for me !! However, I understand that professional sports car racing is one of the most political sports going.

I'll see you at Homestead too........2 exits from our business. 12 miles from my house.

LG, we really appreciate your comments and posting on this site. We are located just around the corner from Bell Motorsports. I've known Jim Bell for too long to mention. He was even an unpaid crew chief for me when I was racing in IMSA and SCCA.

jerry

Last edited by FORGED DST; 02-17-2010 at 12:32 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To BMW,Ferrari, and Porsche's bad dream

Old 02-17-2010, 01:09 PM
Lancer033
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm planning to make the trip to VIR this year to see you guys race.

Old 02-17-2010, 01:20 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE=LG Motorsports;1573131013]Hi Guys,

No ALMS ever again. Michelin refused over and over again to sell my team their tires. They told me that Michelin needed cars to beat so they won't sell to all of the teams that want to buy Michelins. Then they told me that GM wanted to develop the tires for their cars without any data from another Corvette. So no Michelins for LGM. That is un-American.

So we have moved to the GRAND AM Rolex GT class using Pirelli tires on all cars. We are building our Corvettes (2 eventually) and we will be out racing starting at Homestead.

We actually have a factory driver, Kelly Collins as one driver and Eric Lux as the other. This pairing will be a force to be reckoned with.

The second car is still under construction and as soon as we get the sponsors for it, I will be driving it along with the driver that we sign.

No one firm yet though.

Check out the Grand-am web site for the schedule. We race, Homestead, Lime Rock, twice at the Glen, Mid ohio, VIR, Birmingham, Montreal, and daytona again.

See you at the races.

Lou Gigliotti

on shedding the GM and Michelin anchor! If I was selling tires and had them on all the cars how could I lose? Wait I guess if the manufacturer orders thousands of my tires after the race!
Old 02-17-2010, 02:25 PM
95jersey
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good Luck to the whole LG Team!!!!

It is just ashame that you had to waste your time and money with ALMS in the first place. I really think Grand Am could be the perfect place for you guys to thrive. You get great TV coverage in a premier series, where the competition is fierce with great drivers. Bring home a win for a Corvette for the first time...we are getting sick of the fields of Porsche's.

Quick Reply: BMW,Ferrari, and Porsche's bad dream