Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sandwich Adapter Fittings

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 01:56 PM
The Panther
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Sandwich Adapter Fittings

I learned at 100+ mph this weekend that I need new fittings that connect the external oil cooler lines into the sandwich adapter below. This was installed on the car when I bought it, so I am not familiar with it. Where can I get new fittings?

http://www.cantonracingproducts.com/...ion&key=22-547

Last edited by The Panther; 03-16-2010 at 06:17 AM.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:21 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,919 Likes on 5,328 Posts

You should be able to get AN-10 fittings from Summit, JEGS, etc. I had a similar adapter (it didn't have the oil filter mount on the bottom) that I used on my C5s and it took AN-10 fittings. A local race shop may have the fittings as well.

Bill
Old 03-15-2010, 02:23 PM
mgarfias
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Define fittings.

Where is it leaking? I've got a similar setup (using a remote filter adapter instead of the sandwich). I do 1/2" NPT -> -10 AN fittings like this. From there I goto a -10 double swivel hose end.

Which is leaking? If its the NPT to the sandwich, you remove those, put sealant on the fittings, and tighten down. if its the hose end, you replace that (and probably the lines as well). If its mating surface between the hose end and the NPT adapter you need to inspect the mating cones and make sure they're not scored. If one is, most likely the other is toast as well, and you need to replace both.

Surely theres a local place that stocks Aeroquip, Earls, etc.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:40 PM
The Panther
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Those are what I was looking for. Thanks.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:28 PM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 709 Likes on 490 Posts

you really need to toss the sandwich adapter and get a block adapter from LG, Lingenfelter, Katech, DRM, etc. There just isn't enough room down there for Sandwich setups in my experience.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:45 PM
mgarfias
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm still of the opinion that the block adapters don't flow enough. But yeah, the sandwich thing sucks. Thats why I use a remote.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:07 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,919 Likes on 5,328 Posts

Originally Posted by davidfarmer
you really need to toss the sandwich adapter and get a block adapter from LG, Lingenfelter, Katech, DRM, etc. There just isn't enough room down there for Sandwich setups in my experience.
The adapter I had took up less room under the engine since the oil filter was out by the radiator. The big problem with running a remote oil filter is the plumbing nightmare you get into due to the limited places to install the filter. Then to keep the oil from getting to cold I put a thermostatic bypass valve in the cooler loop from the filter and I had hoses running all over the place.

Bill

Get notified of new replies

To Sandwich Adapter Fittings

Quick Reply: Sandwich Adapter Fittings