Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road & Track Partners with Spring Mountain!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 01:02 AM
socalspringmountain
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 418 Likes on 186 Posts

Default Road & Track Partners with Spring Mountain!

Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch is proud to announce our exclusive partnership with Road & Track, the most respected magazine in the industry.

Matt DeLorenzo, Editor-in-Chief of Road & Track, calls Spring Mountain a "perfect venue" for staging motorsports events that will bring people of all ages and backgrounds together to learn how to drive better while experiencing some thrills behind the wheel. And the track is ideal for doing just that, offering challenging road courses that are 1.5, 2.2 or 3.5 miles in length.

We will be working closely with Road & Track to bring you a variety of driving and racing events.

Stay tuned for more more information on future events.

You can read the Official Press Release here.

The Official Performance Driving School Of Corvette
www.racespringmountain.com
victor@racespringmountain.com
800-391-6891

Old 03-18-2010, 06:56 AM
rfn026
Safety Car

Received 272 Likes on 214 Posts

This sounds like a suicide pact. Clubs all over the country have gone under in the past few years. Road and Track has seen their circulation drop like a rock. Their ad revenue has fallen even faster.

I don't see this partnership saving either party. The country club actually has a better chance of surviving than does Road and Track magazine.

Richard Newton

Last edited by rfn026; 03-18-2010 at 06:56 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-18-2010, 11:38 AM
Olitho
Le Mans Master

Received 355 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by rfn026
This sounds like a suicide pact. Clubs all over the country have gone under in the past few years. Road and Track has seen their circulation drop like a rock. Their ad revenue has fallen even faster.

I don't see this partnership saving either party. The country club actually has a better chance of surviving than does Road and Track magazine.

Richard Newton

Whoa! That seems like a pretty harsh response. Do you get to see the financial of Road and Track or Spring Mountain?

I have seen several magazine manage to morph and be successful syndicating their content online. I don't know an iota about Road and Track, but a dropping circulation is not indelibly linked to their sucess now or going forward.

I know a little something about Spring Mountain. I don't get to see their financials, but the motorsports park enjoys the backing of one of southern California's most successful venture capitalists. One only needs to look at the investments taking place out there in the past five years to know it enjoys tremendous financial support. Additionally, the race tracks in southern California have completely booked calendars and while everyone is concerned about the economy, I personally know a couple of the tracks are still making good money. How do I know? I am on one of the race organization board of directors. From what I see Spring Mountain has a pretty full calendar and it seems to enjoy good attendance. It is a different track than those in SoCal as it is very posh. SM seems to have a full calendar and with the SoCal tracks so booked up it is inevitable they will get spillover if nothing else. But it is a nice facility so that really caters to the financially well heeled enthusiast. I bet they are doing just fine.

Oli

Last edited by Olitho; 03-18-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:03 PM
johninar
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This will help the magazine and without a doubt help Spring Mountain. I've been to several events and classes there. A top notch organization that is well managed. It appears to be a win win situation.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:00 PM
socalspringmountain
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 418 Likes on 186 Posts

This was a partnership that was created because of the synergies between the two entities. It's a win-win situation that will equally benefit both parties and will help us both provide a better product to our customers.

Get notified of new replies

To Road & Track Partners with Spring Mountain!

Quick Reply: Road & Track Partners with Spring Mountain!