Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 Brake Bleeding - Once Reservior is Dry

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 08:40 AM
R Mackow
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C5 Brake Bleeding - Once Reservior is Dry

I just rebuilt my front caliphers the brake line hoses have been disconected and have drained the master cylinder reservior empty. I've put fresh fluid in and topped off the reservior. Is there any other procedure to be done prior to doing a normal brake bleeding job?
Old 03-20-2010, 09:18 AM
beerkat
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may have some trouble getting the air out of the ABS module. You might have to take your car and do some hard braking to activate the ABS to pump the air out. Then bleed the system again.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:12 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,792 Likes on 1,141 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Originally Posted by beerkat
You may have some trouble getting the air out of the ABS module. You might have to take your car and do some hard braking to activate the ABS to pump the air out. Then bleed the system again.
What he said. Don't be too surprised if you need to do it a couple of times. ABS stops, bleed, ABS stops, bleed, etc. Alternatively, take it to a friendly dealer who can hook a Tech-2 up to the car and force the ABS valves to cycle.

jas
Old 03-20-2010, 10:35 AM
davidfarmer
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 709 Likes on 490 Posts

There is still a good chance you'll get lucky and a normal bleed will work. I've seen horrible situations bleed easily, yet I've also seen very minor air intrusions cause nightmares. You just have to try it

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Brake Bleeding - Once Reservior is Dry

Quick Reply: C5 Brake Bleeding - Once Reservior is Dry