Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1/4" spacers & Pfadt Inverted Shocks= WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 10:00 AM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Default 1/4" spacers & Pfadt Inverted Shocks= WOW!

Does the addition of 1/4" spacers effect Active Handling on a C6 at all? I recently added these spacers along with Pfadt inverted shocks and the handling characteristics are completely night and day.

Before I was running C6Z shocks which were much better than the base shocks, but anytime I would push the car AH would intervene in anytype of mode; less in Comp mode of course.

Went to the mtns yesterday where I've been driving the same roads for the past 9yrs and no matter how hard I pushed the car it was on rails without AH intervening. It was an amazing feeling.

I know the Pfadt shocks are a huge contributor to the "feel" the car exploits now, and am wondering if the shocks could also be the reason for less AH or is it b/c the spacers moved the overall track out a 1/2" front and rear?

Rob at Pfadt,
I know I was a PITA with the whole shipping thing to my office but I cant thank you enough for an amazing product. These shocks changed the entire feel of the car. May have to add those street sways too in a few months to round it all out. When I hit the mtns I realized the 8F/10R setting was still to soft so I added two clicks to each shock. 10F/12R felt really good and was immediately noticeable. Amazing product!

Quick Reply: 1/4" spacers & Pfadt Inverted Shocks= WOW!