Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

April 16 FATT & April 19/20 VIR with ACNA anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,400 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Default April 16 FATT & April 19/20 VIR with ACNA anyone?

Anyone else going to either event? The FATT is on Summit main and will be my first event of the year. VIR with the Audi Club will be my first time with that club but I do have a buddy going who instructs for them. Any fellow vette brothers (or sisters) going?
Old 04-11-2010, 09:05 AM
Joe_Planet
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey poor-sha
I met you last year at summit point, I have a red z06, but I'm in group 2 now so watch out
I'll be there for april 16th fatt, I've already done 2 fatts, where have you been?

The shenandoah was an absolute blast on april 3rd, more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

Cya there!
Old 04-11-2010, 11:17 AM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,803 Likes on 1,143 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

Originally Posted by Poor-sha
Anyone else going to either event? The FATT is on Summit main and will be my first event of the year.
*grumble*

I can't make this week's, and my car has just become track-ready too, dammit! But I'm already registered for the FATT in May on the main track. So if you make another appearance in May, I'll be there to dice up Group 2 with you.

Have fun and keep the shiny side up!

jas
Old 04-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Joe_Planet
hey poor-sha
I met you last year at summit point, I have a red z06, but I'm in group 2 now so watch out
I'll be there for april 16th fatt, I've already done 2 fatts, where have you been?

The shenandoah was an absolute blast on april 3rd, more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

Cya there!
Hey - see you out there. I don't do Shenandoah and ended last season early after I corded my tired and wasn't really up top buying a new set. I have sticker R6 on the for Friday though
Old 04-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by jvp
*grumble*

I can't make this week's, and my car has just become track-ready too, dammit! But I'm already registered for the FATT in May on the main track. So if you make another appearance in May, I'll be there to dice up Group 2 with you.

Have fun and keep the shiny side up!

jas
There's probably still room at the ACNA event at VIR next week. I'll be working on my point-bys.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:52 AM
Joe_Planet
Safety Car

Hey - see you out there. I don't do Shenandoah and ended last season early after I corded my tired and wasn't really up top buying a new set. I have sticker R6 on the for Friday though
Cool! I hope it doesnt rain though...
Old 04-13-2010, 07:49 PM
C5inWV
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm instructing for the FATT and the NASA event over the weekend.
I'll look for the car in your avatar.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:23 PM
whosurdaddy
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

I'll be there on Friday. I haven't been to SP in about 2 yrs so I'm looking forward to coming back. Anyone have a report on track condition?
Old 04-17-2010, 09:34 AM
Joe_Planet
Safety Car

The FATT was a great success!
The toyo R888 tires were a huge improvement over the michelin ps2s.
I only had to let some crazy *** p cars go by, a turbo and a gt3 that were absolute madmen... lol, well those guys and mr. katech who started the thread
Old 04-17-2010, 09:27 PM
Poor-sha
Track Rat
Support Corvetteforum!

Yeah, I'll try to get video up after I get back from VIR. I had a lot of fun running down a GT3, passing him, letting him pass me, and then watching him. Man was the back end of that car dancing on the brakes going in to 1!

My favorite story of the day was in the first session I remember passing a "regular" C6 on the straight but I thought it was strange that I didn't close on him as quick as I expected. Afterwards Joe_Planet and I were discussing this car and I just figured that the driver was much better than me and was carrying a lot more speed on to the straight.

Must not have been 5 minutes later the owner of this C6 comes over and explains the his car had a blower on it and he was expecting to walk away from me - then I got around him and he saw the KATECH license plate After that I took a lot of ribbing as "Mr. Katech" but boy can they build a motor!

As usual you meet the nicest folks at the track - especially the fellow Corvette enthusiasts. Hope to see y'all at VIR next week.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:38 PM
whosurdaddy
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Yeah, I'll try to get video up after I get back from VIR. I had a lot of fun running down a GT3, passing him, letting him pass me, and then watching him. Man was the back end of that car dancing on the brakes going in to 1!

My favorite story of the day was in the first session I remember passing a "regular" C6 on the straight but I thought it was strange that I didn't close on him as quick as I expected. Afterwards Joe_Planet and I were discussing this car and I just figured that the driver was much better than me and was carrying a lot more speed on to the straight.

Must not have been 5 minutes later the owner of this C6 comes over and explains the his car had a blower on it and he was expecting to walk away from me - then I got around him and he saw the KATECH license plate After that I took a lot of ribbing as "Mr. Katech" but boy can they build a motor!

As usual you meet the nicest folks at the track - especially the fellow Corvette enthusiasts. Hope to see y'all at VIR next week.

Did you acquire any data while you were there? I was running 1.25's which is about 3 secs slower then I expected and the track was in great shape. Not much rubber on the new asphalt, but I still should have been quicker.

Get notified of new replies

To April 16 FATT & April 19/20 VIR with ACNA anyone?

Quick Reply: April 16 FATT & April 19/20 VIR with ACNA anyone?